NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1395 on: <05-19-15/1615:13> »
@Aria - understood, thanks.

@Scythe - not sure what you want done with your meat. I won't be specific in my next post, so you can fill it in if you want - locked in parked car, locked in car driving in circles, jacked out and coming in with Al, whatever.

adamu

« Reply #1396 on: <05-19-15/1832:03> »
@Aria - my crazy scheme for today.

Have studied the floor plan and lots of images of the math institute, so although I won't try to pinpoint my exact location on level 2, I am assuming I can find a spot overlooking the atrium, some of the entrances thereto, and a few of these open-spacey stairwells.

What I'd ALSO like to do, if you say such a place is available, is be in an area where the glass walls have a facing in LOS of the observatory tower.

If I can find such a place, I'll lay some det cord along the base and if crazy things start to happen where I am, I can shatter the window and have sniper support.

Dem rolls etc to follow if you say such a position exists.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1397 on: <05-19-15/1904:03> »
Wow... and here was me thinking I'd made it clear what was going on with Snow Crash.

OK, sequence of events so far: Isaint went to do some scouting, Snow (after his little 'nap') went into Hot Sim VR to hack the doors, he was laid back int he driver's seat of his Ford Americar. Host went down. Isaint and Daddy move in, from everything going around I assumed Al would be driving the van to the basement, Snow extends 3 marks from his Ford Americar to Al so he can control the autopilot. Al leaves the van where it is and goes inside as well.

So at this time Snow is in Hot Sim VR on the Oxford local grid with his meat body in the drivers seat and AL with 3 marks on the vehicle. So depends on if you want your Matrix overwatch distracted by sending autopilot commands, or if Al wants to set something up with the vehicles or we leave all the vehicles parked where they are.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1398 on: <05-19-15/1954:25> »
for daddies spirits he was hoping to get at least one through the ward without issue, so the beast spirit is with al and the others are waiting outside the wards into the building :)
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1399 on: <05-19-15/2023:40> »
Hey aria my name on there is rainofgore
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1400 on: <05-19-15/2118:28> »
Well, made an OP account under ScytheKnight... no real idea how to find or join the game group there.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1401 on: <05-19-15/2205:35> »
I'm Macabre in OP
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1402 on: <05-19-15/2229:27> »
I need to know as a player if this is deliberate misinformation on the part of my teammate or what.(Emphasis is mine)

@North Oxford Team [Smiley, Tobis, Hallucination]:

Tobis’ digital claws easily track the location of the small host in the residence and a number of ‘links matching the known number of people in the house…but one of them is moving and triangulation puts it somewhere outside the perimeter of the property.  From the speed its moving it will shortly be out of easy tracking range…speeding south, towards the centre of town…

To Smiley, Hallucenation << Alright I have movement, Something has recently just left manor is heading south. Do you think one of you two can check it? I currently do not see too much of anything else in the manor, If the two kids are in there, then we'll go after them and it will be a lot easier than breaking into the manor. Good things come to those who wait after all.>>

I am going to assume that it is not the case, and this was player error which will be corrected  and plan accordingly.

From the description given by the GM we have a single signal of the expected people in the house (those being the two targets plus one onsite security person) moving away, given that if the security person is leaving this becomes too easy, we must assume it is one of the targets.  Hallucination and Smiley to the best of my knowledge have no way of finding or tracking the signal, so Tobbis HAS to be the one doing that.

If he can do something to help us enter quickly (unlock all the doors, crash the system, something) cool, but I am thinking he needs to go NOW, maybe swapping transport with Smiley, while Hallie and Smiley try to bullshit their way in or simply go for speed and blitz in, get the kid and run for it, meeting up with Tobbis as soon as we can.
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/2232:25> by Crossbow »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1403 on: <05-19-15/2245:02> »
HydroRaven on OP, Aria :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1404 on: <05-19-15/2258:39> »
Actually Tobbis didn't say that either kid was in there.

If the two kids are in there

That If is a pretty big thing. It could be one of the kids, both the kids, neither of the kids. He tracks matrix signals, not bio-signatures. It could be very well possible one of the two kids left their commlink in the manor. It could be that both kids are still in the manor and one of the manor personnel is leaving. It could be someone who wasn't around at the time when Daddy did his astral search, came in while we got in there, and is now leaving.

Hence why he's also alerted all the runners that there was movement going south, and that he doesn't know what it is.

But its also why he's doing another matrix perception on the thing. Right now he's moving at his highest speed, being VR in the matrix. Even if it moves out of normal tracking range.. His Satlink should keep him able to keep on it.

As far as opening doors and the like, I don't think he sees any locks/cameras/doors to open via the wireless matrix. Maybe they're all throwbacks, or they're running silent and he's missed them.
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/2307:24> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1405 on: <05-19-15/2325:04> »
Okay, but I am holding to the belief we can't do the tracking.  IC post on the way.  Bullsh*t and bravado FTW!   ;)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1406 on: <05-19-15/2346:17> »
@Aria - Need a description of what I am looking at.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1407 on: <05-20-15/0329:23> »
Lots of questions here which I'll come back to when not on my phone :P

@main team: can I have a series of generic perception test, surprise tests with the +3 aware mod, defense rolls against firearms and damage resistance. 5 of each perhaps? That way I can crack on with IC and I prefer not to have to roll for people!  Please list the individual D as most of you have been doing so I can easily knock off burst fire mods etc ;D

Thanks
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1408 on: <05-20-15/0701:14> »
@Aria assuming that's not for me as I would auto-fail all being out cold in VR? On a similar vein is there anything you want me to roll in bulk in the Matrix?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1409 on: <05-20-15/0725:02> »
Wow... and here was me thinking I'd made it clear what was going on with Snow Crash.

OK, sequence of events so far: Isaint went to do some scouting, Snow (after his little 'nap') went into Hot Sim VR to hack the doors, he was laid back int he driver's seat of his Ford Americar. Host went down. Isaint and Daddy move in, from everything going around I assumed Al would be driving the van to the basement, Snow extends 3 marks from his Ford Americar to Al so he can control the autopilot. Al leaves the van where it is and goes inside as well.

So at this time Snow is in Hot Sim VR on the Oxford local grid with his meat body in the drivers seat and AL with 3 marks on the vehicle. So depends on if you want your Matrix overwatch distracted by sending autopilot commands, or if Al wants to set something up with the vehicles or we leave all the vehicles parked where they are.

@ScytheKnight - seriously sorry for any misunderstandings.
And especially sorry your character is locked in a car behind a building somewhere! They spot your icon they can go an grab you as a freebie!

A look back at my recent OOC exchange will show that all of my plans and back-up plans had Al staying with you. Unfortunately, both IC and OOC events overtook us, and here we are.

But problems exist to be solved!

Since Isaint, Al and Daddy are no longer in a position to watch over you, I'll send you car up to the observatory so that Jackhammer and Duke can have your back.