NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1380 on: <05-18-15/1350:26> »
Yikes!  Exciting!!!!

My itchy posting fingers were reaching for the keyboard…

but looks like the only one on my team aware of the recent events at this point is Isaint, and I suppose Snow.

So I'll wati to hear from them.

Good luck guys!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1381 on: <05-18-15/1519:05> »
I spent like 20 minutes jacking with climbing rolls and then I see the lights just went out. *sigh*
So Duke, do you want to put me in contact with Snow or someone who can send me run details? I imagine Snow won't be too busy right now if the host crashed.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1382 on: <05-18-15/1552:11> »
Aria, I am just going to assume,  because of Runner's Luck, that the teen is a girl and matches the description of our older target, right?

Can I be rolling up at this point without issue?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1383 on: <05-18-15/1824:42> »
Aria, I am just going to assume,  because of Runner's Luck, that the teen is a girl and matches the description of our older target, right?

The teen is a boy and came from a different house from the target one... ::)

If you check the map I've assumed you've moved out of sight of the house so that you aren't so conspicuous
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1384 on: <05-18-15/2042:05> »
I had daddy follow isaint to the door after everything went out in the building, Right now he's waiting just inside to hear anything from isaint
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1385 on: <05-18-15/2047:49> »
@ aria  Hey can you check my perception checks and tell me what i see so i can cry havoc
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1386 on: <05-18-15/2318:08> »
I'm waiting for the results of my matrix check on the house to pick up the wireless gear out there.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1387 on: <05-19-15/0840:21> »
I'm waiting for the results of my matrix check on the house to pick up the wireless gear out there.
IC up which should give you some hints to what you can 'see' :D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1388 on: <05-19-15/0840:51> »
@ aria  Hey can you check my perception checks and tell me what i see so i can cry havoc
Not a great deal at the moment...your time will come  8)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1389 on: <05-19-15/0842:19> »

If you check the map I've assumed you've moved out of sight of the house so that you aren't so conspicuous
Clearly you weren't too far off the mark with the 'runner's luck' comment...but she's in a different car heading south  ::)

adamu

« Reply #1390 on: <05-19-15/1125:45> »
@Aria - Very fun.

Could I just clear up a bit of PbP fog - mainly just on where primary team members are?

Isaint - no problem - clearly leading the way toward the target's office. INVISIBLE

Daddy - no problem - clearly took off on foot (physically) to join Isaint, went through same exterior door, somewhere behind Isaint (not sure how far). INVISIBLE

Snow - Hazy here. There was some question of whether he would stay in hot sim or come out of it. From Last his last IC and your definitely your last IC it seemed like he was staying in hot sim, which would leave him in his car (which I am inferring from him giving control of the car to Al).
IF he is in hot sim and in his car, question will then be where the car is...

Al - your last IC has Al following right behind Daddy (so that would be exterior door). Okay, ward no problem, as no active foci or spells. Notably only one of three not invisible.

Trick is that you and I agreed Al would take the van into the basement (Snow was going to handle any locks, but that seems moot now). And Isaint is asking Al to secure stairs to basement, so I think he thinks Al is there. We need the van down there to make our escape.

But more important, where is Snow Crash? Al is just really not going to lock him in his car and leave him unaware of his surroundings here in a hostile environment. Had hoped to bring him in van, but if he prefers car was going to have his car follow Al's van into basement, and once in the basement either stay with him while he hacks or else get him to get mobile and come with Al to join others...

Don't want to make trouble and you know I am very happy to go along with any storytelling.

Just want to (A) confirm where we all are before I post, and (B) make sure we don't leave Snow vulnerable.

Thanks!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1391 on: <05-19-15/1406:40> »
You would think as an EVIL GMTM myself I would know better than to give a GM ideas.   :o ::) :P

Clearly you weren't too far off the mark with the 'runner's luck' comment...but she's in a different car heading south  ::)

Smiley is where at the moment?  Has he reached the house?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1392 on: <05-19-15/1509:19> »
You would think as an EVIL GMTM myself I would know better than to give a GM ideas.   :o ::) :P

Smiley is where at the moment?  Has he reached the house?
Don't worry, this here evil GM had planned from the outset for there to be some sort of challenge for each runner team <oh for an evil smiley>

I am assuming Smiley has caught up with the others and is parked nearby ready for the off!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1393 on: <05-19-15/1516:36> »
@Aria - Very fun.

Could I just clear up a bit of PbP fog - mainly just on where primary team members are?

Isaint - no problem - clearly leading the way toward the target's office. INVISIBLE

Daddy - no problem - clearly took off on foot (physically) to join Isaint, went through same exterior door, somewhere behind Isaint (not sure how far). INVISIBLE

Snow - Hazy here. There was some question of whether he would stay in hot sim or come out of it. From Last his last IC and your definitely your last IC it seemed like he was staying in hot sim, which would leave him in his car (which I am inferring from him giving control of the car to Al).
IF he is in hot sim and in his car, question will then be where the car is...

Al - your last IC has Al following right behind Daddy (so that would be exterior door). Okay, ward no problem, as no active foci or spells. Notably only one of three not invisible.

Trick is that you and I agreed Al would take the van into the basement (Snow was going to handle any locks, but that seems moot now). And Isaint is asking Al to secure stairs to basement, so I think he thinks Al is there. We need the van down there to make our escape.

But more important, where is Snow Crash? Al is just really not going to lock him in his car and leave him unaware of his surroundings here in a hostile environment. Had hoped to bring him in van, but if he prefers car was going to have his car follow Al's van into basement, and once in the basement either stay with him while he hacks or else get him to get mobile and come with Al to join others...

Don't want to make trouble and you know I am very happy to go along with any storytelling.

Just want to (A) confirm where we all are before I post, and (B) make sure we don't leave Snow vulnerable.

Thanks!
I was working on the assumption that you, Daddy and Isaint are infiltrating...with the host gone the car lift won't work and so you can't use the garage anyway  :o.  There are stairs down in various locations and the basement is viewable from above through the funny shaped glass dome things - go hunt for some images on Google :).  Bear in mind the two wings (joined by the link) are effectively open atriums with offices all the way around them and link bridges/stairs spanning them in various locations.  That all boils down to reasonable lines of sight (which might be good, might be bad...)

Snow I'm less sure on and we'll let Scythe chip in here I think as to his preference.  I was vaguely thinking that he was in the car, parked near your van, and that as soon as he's done his VR thing he'll be following you on behind to enter the building.  But if he prefers to stay outside I'm sure we can keep him entertained  ;D ???

Duke and Jackhammer have overwatch - currently no targets in sight, sorry (don't worry, you won't be sitting up there all evening doing nothing  ::))

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1394 on: <05-19-15/1525:40> »
@All: I'd like to invite you to the Stormy Waters Obsidian Portal Campaign page.  I know some of you already have OP user names from other games.  Could you reply to this and let me know what your user name is so I can sort some invites?  Seeing how well Jayde's 'Shaking the Shadows' page is working I'd like to replicate some of that for your use too!