NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1365 on: <05-15-15/1702:44> »
Sorry, the maps link I posted is about 1/2 to 3/4 mile west of the Mathematics institute at Oxford. I didn't mean to leave that ambiguous. We can say Madezyne is staying in the same hotel as the wife even, to save trouble.
Madezyne, btw, is meant to be a moderate trid star with her own fashion show where she typically degrades people for their poor fashion and then replaces their wardrobe with articles she designed (the latest in trendy high-society protective fashion), first outfit free. But of course her tastes are very niche and exotic, so she can't quite break into super-stardom.

And yes, clearly Jackhammer was left in the dark on this one. Mechanically that's an opportunity for any of the teams/teammates to call on me for whatever. Though we may need some IC explanation of my talents.

@Pistolgrip - sorry about my confusion with your IC post - I didn't realize you were already in Oxford. My bad.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1366 on: <05-15-15/1720:54> »
what are jack hammers capabilities? i would love a spotter/ body guard so no one sneaks up on me.
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

adamu

« Reply #1367 on: <05-15-15/1738:39> »
Way to go on the invite, Zeth!

I had an invite to Jackhammer in my own last IC post too - good thing for that cool feature here where it shows you what other people posted during the time you were writing your post - they don't have that on Dumpshock.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1368 on: <05-15-15/1810:17> »
i figured the johnson would have told me to contact another runner on site, also i need back up in case im sniping and someone comes up behind me

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1369 on: <05-15-15/1921:01> »
Keeping track of all the posting with three different groups is giving me a migraine :)
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1370 on: <05-15-15/1931:59> »
Well, basically for you, its me and crossbow who are on your team.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

adamu

« Reply #1371 on: <05-15-15/1951:15> »
@ScytheKnight - the BTL thing -

just wondering if that is just some role-playing color, and we should just ignore it

or if it is something you want to get into IC, like he doesn't respond to Isaint's request, in which case we have to get his attention back to the real world

???

Either way cool with me, obviously - just don't want to step on toes….

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1372 on: <05-15-15/2111:24> »
Hehe, yeah happy for it to be RP, that's why I did a palming roll for slotting it on-the-sly. Sure it just looks like he's taking a power nap, but someone with sharp eyes might have noticed him slotting the chip... pretty much was a case of he's a BTL addict and I felt that the 'pre-run dealing with nerves' time was a good place to play out that addiction a bit. It was also a chance for me to slow down a little, I'd been posting a lot and was kinda rocketing through the rewards to an excuse to step back for a bit.

My plan is he'll come around when Isaint finishes up scouting, but if anyone wants to try waking him up before that I'm all for it.  ;D
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1373 on: <05-15-15/2147:57> »
@ Aria  I was wondering..if i am in the tower or if i can make a perception(5)(7 if auditory)check- Int(4)( +3 for either audio or vision enhancement)
on the tower while im going up to see if there is opposition i dont wanna post anything else in IC until i know exactly whats going on i dont want me to say IC that its all clear and you have to retcon it because you have people i need to take care of.
so dice pools Auditory -14/ Visual-12
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/2153:10> by zeththeadeptork »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1374 on: <05-16-15/0036:04> »
Scythnight I suggest that you post somthing like Snow is completely unaware to the request... he is deep in his BTL dream. Because i just now figured out the meaning of that BTL post. And that way you invite RP.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1375 on: <05-17-15/0440:28> »
CoP
@Aria

Could you post the stats for the ward and the institute's other security measures? That way we could incorporate the counter roll in our posts and move on.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1376 on: <05-17-15/1213:44> »
i saw on another post aria said they arent going to be on this week end

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1377 on: <05-18-15/0841:05> »
Keeping track of all the posting with three different groups is giving me a migraine :)
I've modified the character list in post 3 of this thread to indicate which group people are in - don't worry, I have to keep referring to it too :P

I've also added map links to post 2 for ease of finding them!
@ Aria  I was wondering..if i am in the tower or if i can make a perception(5)(7 if auditory)check- Int(4)( +3 for either audio or vision enhancement)
on the tower while im going up to see if there is opposition i dont wanna post anything else in IC until i know exactly whats going on i dont want me to say IC that its all clear and you have to retcon it because you have people i need to take care of.
so dice pools Auditory -14/ Visual-12
Assuming you are climbing up the outside (easy enough)...nobody seems to be sharing your spot!  Lucky you!!!
CoP
@Aria

Could you post the stats for the ward and the institute's other security measures? That way we could incorporate the counter roll in our posts and move on.
Sorry, as has been pointed out I don't often get to post at the weekend as that's family time!  RP happens in my lunch breaks most of the time :P

Ward is force 6, the host ratings are about to be moot as you'll see in my IC, which should be posted in the next few hours so bear with me... :D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1378 on: <05-18-15/1216:14> »
@Aria, when climbing up the tower, are there stairs or a ladder or something, or do I need to just climb the outside? If I'm just wall-climbing, is it "brick/old building" territory, or "sheet metal/seamless stone" territory? And how many meters do I need to climb?
« Last Edit: <05-18-15/1218:19> by pistolgrip »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1379 on: <05-18-15/1239:44> »
@Aria, when climbing up the tower, are there stairs or a ladder or something, or do I need to just climb the outside? If I'm just wall-climbing, is it "brick/old building" territory, or "sheet metal/seamless stone" territory? And how many meters do I need to climb?

Check the photo here: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/118213033 the building you can just see on the right hand side is the corner of the Maths Institute.  So not many to get a good vantage...

Windows are translucent - no point in warding something and then let those sneaky mages have free reign to pick your brains clean... :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36