NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1320 on: <05-12-15/1239:48> »
I'm on site. I want to be set up so I can knock down any pursuit is this viable? I'm thinking look at how the team would most likely make the escape and I'll try to disable any pursuit vehicles with the terracotta. Take aim then called shit either tires or engine block.
Goggle maps is accurate enough in the immediate vicinity to the Maths Institute (in the street view at least) so let me know where you want to set up and we can go from there!  I think the others are going to mount the final pick up from the courtyard outside the church (with the grass circle) - although this is also the 'front door' which they've specifically said they don't want to go out of - so some coordination is still required!  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1321 on: <05-12-15/1250:08> »
Okay can you link me to the ic thread.I don't see it also  do I have Amy of the teams comm codes to tell them my plans?  Also I will have my chameleon suit on.Can i make a check to see where the best vantage point to assist in taking out  pursuit would be?
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/1257:17> by zeththeadeptork »
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1322 on: <05-12-15/1319:46> »
If it's alright I'll be on the other side of the Castle Mills Stream at the (now) old train yards. I'll do an intro post and then leave myself open to be pinged with instructions from Mr J or the team.

Also, I don't want to start any business, but how would everyone feel about universal posting formats? Specifically if each kind of text (speech, matrix, thought, etc) was always the same color/format, that would be pretty cool, right?
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/1339:26> by pistolgrip »

adamu

« Reply #1323 on: <05-12-15/1637:29> »
Not much for the rainbow post style myself, but obviously very cool if others want to do it.

And just a big shout-out of welcomeness to Pistol and Zeth. Goodness knows we probably need more backup on the main target (although I am sure that, opposing runner team or not, Aria has some special surprises in store for the other teams as well!).

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1324 on: <05-12-15/1712:05> »
Aria  where is the in char thread also like I said I want to be in a hidden position covering the most likely getaway route so I can disable pursuit as cleanly as possible. How do we do this i'm on my phone the pictures aren't showing me much sorry and thanks for the welcome adamu

adamu

« Reply #1325 on: <05-12-15/1722:34> »
Zeth - the IC thread has a different name - it is Circles of Power, I think.

Stormy Waters is an overarching name for the campaign covering all the games Aria oversees.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1326 on: <05-12-15/1730:41> »
Thanks man no wonder I couldn't find it hope aria doesn't mind holding my hand a little on this run...

adamu

« Reply #1327 on: <05-12-15/1734:02> »
Well, catch up on the IC - and keep notes!

I literally have a color-coded chart by my Mac here to help me keep track of all the runners on this job!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1328 on: <05-12-15/1736:14> »
Thanks for the welcome, Adamu. I'm glad to be here.
I admit I'm not necessarily accustomed to the "rainbow post", but when I played a 4e PbP on another forum we simply used a format like this:
"I'm saying something."
"I'm thinking something."
<< I'm messaging someone >>
I'm explaining something out-of-character.

But I'm open to any schema Aria might arbitrate.

I'm trying to catch up on the IC now (which is what made me mention the standard formatting thing).

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1329 on: <05-12-15/1946:24> »
Yeah, if you put it in your signature people can at least have a better idea what you're doing in each post.

Snow Crash purchases - Total post count 21 (22 after most current post)
Palming lvl 2 - 6 Karma (I actually thought I already had this for hiding my Machine Pistol)
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/2036:21> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1330 on: <05-12-15/2028:50> »
How does the purchasing work?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1331 on: <05-12-15/2040:16> »
How does the purchasing work?

It's covered in the initial post, every 2 posts grants 1 Karma and ¥2,000.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1332 on: <05-12-15/2042:04> »
Right, but what about time and such?

Also did anyone happen to find out where the guest list file is?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <05-12-15/2050:11> »
Right, but what about time and such?

Character Advancement
Every two IC posts you make will net you 1 karma and 2,000 nuyen.  This means a much faster progression than is normally achieved in a pbp game.  Karma and cash can usually be spent mid game (subject to your GMing agreeing), with some purchases just being retconned, some needing some IC justification.

If you are posting in multiple IC threads you can in theory allocate the karma/cash in whichever way you want.  This is mostly applicable if you are posting IC information that isn’t directly from the POV of one of your characters – in the past we’ve had JackPoint type info posts, news flashes, anything that adds flavour to the game world is perfectly acceptable!
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1334 on: <05-13-15/0000:42> »
COP
I'm currently waiting on smiley to post his actions now that he's gotten the info he's looking for. Also, did anyone else take a micro camera with them?

Something I'd like to purchase is Resonance Channel, Which I've got like 12 karma at the moment for.
« Last Edit: <05-13-15/0010:24> by Triskavanski »