NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1245 on: <05-01-15/1221:43> »
@CT/Al: Ok Dog boy, let's see what you can do against a powerful spirit throwing fear at you... Logic+Will+your gods given orrneryness :) vs. 5 hits from Baron Samedi, let's see how those voodoo gods like you now!  Hope you've got some edge left!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1246 on: <05-01-15/1615:44> »
@CoP: Hi folks.  Good start but I don't think I'll be able to get the next IC up until after the weekend.  In the meantime if you want to post, don't forget that flashback scenes are great to give depth to characters...perhaps reminiscing about jobs where you've worked with one or two of the others in the past?  Just put a timestamp on them so we have some idea of when they are set!

adamu

« Reply #1247 on: <05-01-15/1753:11> »
@CT/Al: Ok Dog boy, let's see what you can do against a powerful spirit throwing fear at you... Logic+Will+your gods given orrneryness :) vs. 5 hits from Baron Samedi, let's see how those voodoo gods like you now!  Hope you've got some edge left!

Yeah, got a couple of points left, but loath to use them, not knowing what more awaits us down here.

But with 15 dice of my own (Log + Will + Guts + Indomitable Will 4), I'm odds on not to need it…

And lookee lookee - Invisible Castle back up!
15d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,6,5,6,5,3,2,1,2,4,3,3,4] = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4815931/

Yaaay!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1248 on: <05-01-15/1815:49> »
Circus Tricks

Alright, not going to do my usual breakdown of all this stuff, suffice to say it's pretty much going to take both action phases to pull off everything in this. Long story short going to take a kneeling position, place the MP on the floor, ready the AR and ricochet a grenade off the ceiling into the tank and detonate wirelessly, water should contain the blast (somewhat) and make mince meat of this guy. (sorry Al, probably gonna get really wet again)

Grenade Shot - there's been a couple of simple actions so no recoil.
Heavy Weapons 2 + Agility 5 + Smartlink 2 + Launcher Specialization 2
Grenade Launcher Attack: 11d6t5 3 hits
Grenade placement threshold is (3).
Clip Frag Grenades 4/6
Damage 18(f)P AP -5 and then whatever the heck an in-water detonation does to that sucker.

Circles of Power
Matrix Search: London; Shadow Figures; 'Art' - this isn't an in-depth search, just looking to see what comes up quickly.
Computers 6 + Intuition 5
Matrix Search: 11d6t5 4 hits
Just using my comlink here so Data Processing limit is 5.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1249 on: <05-01-15/1853:30> »
Circus Tricks
(sorry Al, probably gonna get really wet again)

No apologies, man - that was PERFECT - and exactly as hoped!

Aria - you've got my initiative rolls, but I'll confess I have no idea where we are initiative-wise.
But I'd like to do the Dive for Cover Interrupt Action on p124 of Run & Gun the moment I hear the launcher thump - obviously since Al asked for the shot he's ready for it to happen…

Let me know if that happens before or after the shot I just posted IC - that'd make sixth out of eight in the clip, so important to me to know if I use it or not!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1250 on: <05-01-15/2247:02> »
Hey guys... anyone wants some history with Solo?

Perheaps as one of his previous aliases, The decker 'Magic', the mage 'nonsense' or the infiltrator/face 'Poetry'.

Basically being a generalist he worked as 3 different runners with different set of skill until his bluff was exposed, but also until he was sure that his real SIN was really gone.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1251 on: <05-01-15/2257:16> »
If 'Magic' has been working in/around East Berlin in the last year or so there's a chance may have crossed paths with Snow Crash.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1252 on: <05-01-15/2300:18> »
Sure we can build on that. I assume that he worked all over Europe the last several years.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1253 on: <05-01-15/2305:06> »
Happy to go with either together or against... a note on against that Snow Crash tends to use Biofeedback when he gets riled.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1254 on: <05-01-15/2322:14> »
Magic is a lot more polite in the matrix, he mainly uses hacking and when he does his job right
you do not know when he was there. If we reached the biofeedback phase it is where he'll feel things got complicated. Against can be fun, but if it create tensions in the team and stuff it can be exhausting.  I mean establishing trust is difficult as is.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1255 on: <05-01-15/2325:58> »
Hmmm.. perhaps we worked together on a job and got jumped by a Spider... Magic just looking to get away while Snow Crash started smashing the Spider with Biofeedback attacks and not taking any quarter while doing so.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1256 on: <05-02-15/0716:59> »
I think you cannot win against IC right they just keep coming.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1257 on: <05-02-15/0733:11> »
I think you cannot win against IC right they just keep coming.

Thus why I said a Spider (Corp Decker or/and Rigger)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1258 on: <05-02-15/0748:13> »
oh I see... I added a post I'll modify it a little bit. You can fill in more details afterwards ;)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1259 on: <05-05-15/1245:02> »
@CoP:
Ok, initial info up on the nature of the job.  I suggest rather than each of you ask questions in a great long list and me replying to each one IC, that we compile a list OoC and then you can write up the questions and the response at the same time so it all reads better.  Art will be fairly forthcoming as he’s in a rush and wants you to agree!  Although we’ll gloss over exact figures in the payment negotiations you can allude to the fact that rush jobs pay better as there’s more risk and he probably doesn’t have time to get replacements that are any good!

Note: You are about 1.5hours away from Oxford by car, it’s now 8.30 and the job needs to be completed by midnight!  So, time really is pressing!

@CT:
There was little I could do to draw this combat out any further...damn grenades  ::) ...so we can keep going for a bit longer but the fight has definitely left the ghouls and it is a mopping up operation now.  Of course there's still the question of who sent them here in the first place but that is likely to be for another IC thread :D

Questions of comments, let me know.  Hopefully those who've stuck it to the end have enjoyed it and it's not too anticlimactic to leave it here more or less...?