NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1215 on: <04-14-15/1934:34> »
*nods* fair enough... so need to redo my 2nd action phase I guess?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1216 on: <04-15-15/0233:48> »
*nods* fair enough... so need to redo my 2nd action phase I guess?
Get off arse?!?  ;D  Or you can just shoot the buggers climbing out of the tanks near you/Al/Spike...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1217 on: <04-15-15/0308:49> »
Well, there's no penalty for shooting while prone so I can keep the actions as is without effecting the rolls, I'm just shooting from my back not me feet.

Although I just realized that I didn't have Frag grenades on my sheet... so will just have to retcon the HE as Frag grenades, same cost and availability.
« Last Edit: <04-15-15/0317:57> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1218 on: <04-15-15/1728:29> »
Threshold 3 (hard) seems reasonable for a waist high tidal wave :P

You probably won't need to worry about air though, it knocks you off your feet but rapidly dissipates. Four legs are clearly better for the job!

Waist-high for everyone else means about chest-high for Al.

Looks like he gets wet!

So on his next action he will skip the Take Aim action in favor of Stand Up. Still get my Single Shot action, just take one die off the next roll you use.

Not having gone down, Spike will still be able to do a Melee complex action in each of his passes.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1219 on: <04-17-15/1730:39> »
Quick fire IC, pun intended...

The two tanks nearest the door held four of the ghouls between them, two left thanks to firing but Snow is prone (bad)...  Ichirō can intervene there?  Al and Spike have their hands full with their foe, it's in clawing range so a bit dubious if you can fire your shotgun but I'm in a generous mood...with 8 bloody def successes though it might as well stand there and take the blast, there's a tiny chance of it hitting you without edging it and a bucket load of friends mods...so the leader will just have to summon his friends  8)

adamu

« Reply #1220 on: <04-17-15/1944:49> »
Wow, that was a fun IC!

Thanks for letting me take the shot.

Of course, if Al can't get a clear shot because of a friend, you have his gun butt attack rolls down there below the shooting rolls.
(And I think I put his gun butt DV at 6P - actually it is 7P, sorry).

So basically all my previous rolls stand, along with my aim + shoot routine.

But...

Hopefully it won't come to this, but if Bad Dog fails to stop the summoning/kill the summoner, in other words, if an enemy spirit gets after us, Al will drop his shotgun (it's on a strap, though) and fight bare-handed.

Darned Invis Castle still down.
i suppose I should get a new dice roller - but registering and all that such a faff.
Analog on Unarmed Attack - Killing Hands cancels Immunity to Normal Weapons.
DV is 4P (or 6P if I ever finish that darned story….)

Will use Full Offense Maneuver -
Att + skill + spec + maneuver = 13 dice
4  3  3  6  1    5  2  2  2  4  1  1  5  =  3 hits
6  5  2  6  4  2  4  5  1  3  4  2  4  =  4 hits
3  3  6  3  3  1  6  5  6  3  4  1  6  =  5 hits

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1221 on: <04-19-15/0813:54> »
so we rolling up for next round, or waiting for more responses?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1222 on: <04-20-15/1242:13> »
Sorry, manic day... feel free to roll intentions with the info you have and I will hopefully catch up with you tomorrow.  Fluff through some initial combat with the ghouls if you want too...I suspect you outclass them.  If you get really bored of waiting I'm happy for you to assume they get bought successes at 1:3 (rather than 1:4), the ghoul profile's in SR5... and work out the combat for yourselves to keep things moving!

adamu

« Reply #1223 on: <04-20-15/1657:29> »
Sweet - after sifting back through all the IC and OOC, and do correct if I am wrong, there were 8 - 10 ghouls, but now seven are down plus one wounded by Spike.

That leaves 2.5 active.

One is that wacky summoning one, and I think Bad Dog is on that action.

With 1.5 left, and based on preexisting rolls and your parameters, Al easily drops the next one with his shotgun, even assuming the crashed drone was the one backing him up.

Meanwhile, Spike uses one Edge to avoid getting hit by the one he wounded, and kills it dead.

Even though that would take make nine ghouls dead and the last one fighting our spirit, I don't want to take all the fun from Grad and SK - maybe more rush in from the corridors….

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1224 on: <04-20-15/1757:37> »
I'm probably guessing that summons was more dinner bell than magic... at least I hope so...

Assuming an average roll Snow Crash will have 2 action phases, he needs 10+ on the two dice to hit 3.

He's mainly going to focus on getting back to his feet and getting over to Al to watch his back and provide fire support.

Considering that it seems that the initial lot are done for and more are on their way, going to take a position and take aim at one of the doorways ready to open fire if a ghoul comes through.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1225 on: <04-21-15/1711:03> »
I'm probably guessing that summons was more dinner bell than magic... at least I hope so...

Well, so much for that!

@Aria, since I am pretty sure possessed magicians don't have immunity to normal weapons (hope I'm right!), no real change to Al's actions. Still aim then shoot.

You've still got plenty of unused attack and defense rolls for both Al and Spike...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1226 on: <04-21-15/1824:05> »

Well, so much for that!

@Aria, since I am pretty sure possessed magicians don't have immunity to normal weapons (hope I'm right!), no real change to Al's actions. Still aim then shoot.

You've still got plenty of unused attack and defense rolls for both Al and Spike...
True, they ignore wound mods and get minor attribute boosts now (which is better than the combat juggernauts they used to be in 4! ) That said, you don't think it's going to be that easy do you ? ;D Will get back to you tomorrow or Thursday with the results, sorry I can't do it sooner - this is fun!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1227 on: <04-24-15/1219:08> »
Ah spirit concealment from a powerful spirit...gotta love it!  Without revealing it's force, can you all make a perception test and list the exact D rolled so I can knock it off the back (or point me to your existing rolls if you've made them, which I know some have).  The power lasts until you spot it so at least it can't attack you with impunity while concealed (a favourite trick of yore...)

adamu

« Reply #1228 on: <04-24-15/1226:29> »
Al and Spike's Perception rolls for this scene are in Post 1184.

No surprise Spike did quite a bit better...

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1229 on: <04-24-15/1921:23> »
Whelp...
Perception Check: 10d6t5 2 hits...
Also 3 1s so this could get gnarly

Also decided that given Snow Crash's history with spirits (survivor of Bug City) might be an idea to roll composure..
Composure: 4d6t5 1 hit
2 ones, looking like a critical glitch here.
« Last Edit: <04-24-15/1927:19> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor