NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1200 on: <04-11-15/0255:28> »
I can do a version of dogmeat.
With sum to 14 I think he should pull out Rigger/Decker/Mage I am actually try to create a complete generalist out of that sum 2 14.
Rigger/Decker/Mage/Face a guy that can even do an entire run solo, making up for less firepower in that case with drones and spirits and stuff like that.

adamu

« Reply #1201 on: <04-11-15/0648:01> »
Gilga, Big Guns, Saithor, sorry to lose you from current mayhem, but hubba hubba on London!

ScytheKnight - welcome!

With your IC preceding the current moment where the big ghoul attack happens, my next IC will quickly flash back to Al greeting you, then move up to my own actions in the coming struggle for survival!

First up, though, OOC for the fight:

Aria - you've got all my defensive rolls back in post 1184.

I think my IC going into this was pretty clear we were assuming an ambush here, but I'll admit I brain-farted the possibility the would come from inside the tanks. So if you decide a surprise roll is needed, those are there too.

Actions: Al will use movement to link up with Spike in the center (hopefully the time they take to climb out of the tanks will give him a couple seconds to set up where he wants to be), and free actions to call anyone else that wants to make a circle there to join us (back to wall may be better, but I can't leave Spike alone in the center, nor can I put myself at what would effectively be the furthest point from where I told Ichiro to go).

Each pass, his two simple actions will be Aim (for extra die) then Single Shot (pump action).
Limit will be 4.
No light or recoil mods in my current configuration.
Will only shoot at any ghoul once, since I know there will be a follow up shot from my back-up drone.
Remington 990 shotgun is on Narrow Spread, so just one target.
Target gets -1 on defense, and since these are feral I am assuming no serious armor, which will make the DV 13P.

First some initiative rolls:

Oh, damn it - Invisible Castle is down.
I don't have time with this, so I am going to roll real dice!!!!

11+2d6

3  1  =  15
5  1  =  17
2  1  =  14
4  3  =  18

Okay, that's four turns, at two passes per turn - enough to empty my 8-cartridge clip.

Shotgun - naturally take any negative mods (in melee combat?) off one end of the line...
Agility + skill + spec + aim = 12 dice

5  5  2  4  5  4  6  3  3  2  5  4  = 5 hits
3  2  6  3  4  3  1  6  4  4  3  2  = 2 hits
6  4  3  6  4  5  6  3  2  6  4  5  =  6 hits
1  1  6  5  2  2  5  5  2 2  4  6  =  5 hits
2  5  2  6  6  3  5  5  6  3  6  6  = 8 hits
4  3  6  2  6  3  1  3  3  4  5  6  =  4 hits
5  6  6  3  3  5  6  4  4  6  3  1  = 6 hits
4  5  3  5  6  2  1  6  2  3  2  4  = 4 hits

That empties my buckshot clip.
If there are more, will melee with shotgun butt.
Accuracy is 3.
Damage is 6P, no AP mod, no Reach.

Agility + skill + specialization = 11 dice
6  2  4  5  5  2  6  2  2  1  1  =  4 hits
3  2  6  6  1  4  4  6  3  4  4  =  3 hits
2  1  2  3  4  5  5  5  6  1  2  = 4 hits

Spike's initiative
9+2d6

4  5  = 18
3  3  = 15
4  1 = 14
5  4 = 18

Spike's attack
DV is 7P.
AP is -1, but as I said, I am assuming they are not armored.
Agility + skill = 10 dice
Limit is 6

6  2  1  6  5  4  4  5  4  3  = 4 hits
6  2  6  1  2  1  6  5  1  3  = 4 hits
3  1  6  3  2  4  5  4  2  3  =  2 hits
5  5  3  4  6  3  3  2  6  6  = 5 hits
1  4  4  3  1  1  6  4  3  2  = 1 hit
2  5  3  4  5  4  5  6  4  3  =  4 hits
1  4  2  6  5  5  4  2  6  3  = 4 hits
1  4  4  4  1  6  3  2  1  3  =  1 hit

Finally, do we have a very rough idea of how many ghouls there are?
Dimensions of the room?
How many exits?

Darkseid

• Newb
« Reply #1202 on: <04-12-15/0513:53> »

Vampires seem to be likely candidates for this power level without unduly unbalancing anything - be warned though, negatives are negatives for a reason and spontaneously combusting in sunlight might be a problem mid run (although the action is likely to take place in the UK and it's always raining here  ::)).  The main thing is to enjoy the character (and hopefully keep posting) :D

How do you feel about Alleviate [Allergy](Sunlight) from Street Grimoire pg. 109 and how it would affect a Vampire?

I'm working on a nice background now, should have it up soon.
« Last Edit: <04-12-15/0516:02> by Darkseid »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1203 on: <04-12-15/1947:52> »
For someone like me who's bringing a character over from one game to the other, how do you want to handle the rebuilding? Do you want us to take the base of what we have and then apply the differences on top? Or would you rather us rebuild from scratch?

Asking as that will effect the backstory I'll be writing as if it's the former then I'll be making mention of the merry little cluster****.  ::)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1204 on: <04-13-15/0815:34> »

Vampires seem to be likely candidates for this power level without unduly unbalancing anything - be warned though, negatives are negatives for a reason and spontaneously combusting in sunlight might be a problem mid run (although the action is likely to take place in the UK and it's always raining here  ::)).  The main thing is to enjoy the character (and hopefully keep posting) :D

How do you feel about Alleviate [Allergy](Sunlight) from Street Grimoire pg. 109 and how it would affect a Vampire?

I'm working on a nice background now, should have it up soon.
Seems like an obvious choice to me!  Unless there's some RAW that suggests otherwise!?  If you're sustaining that then that's something else you can't be sustaining, wards etc become an issue...everything has a price  ;D

For someone like me who's bringing a character over from one game to the other, how do you want to handle the rebuilding? Do you want us to take the base of what we have and then apply the differences on top? Or would you rather us rebuild from scratch?

Asking as that will effect the backstory I'll be writing as if it's the former then I'll be making mention of the merry little cluster****.  ::)
Either is fine, whatever works best for you.  If it's a character already established in one of my 2075 games then it would make for better continuity if your stats etc don't drop as you become more experienced but at the end of the day I want you to have a character you like playing :)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1205 on: <04-13-15/0824:41> »
Chuckles all good mate, and yeah it does make more sense. Was just wanting to get your input, have ideas of how/where to upskill/stat him (mostly social and support skills) and what that'll mean story wise.

Now to just get some info on this cluster**** so I can decide if I'm leading with bullets or an airbursted frag grenade (without mincemeating my new buddy's pet)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1206 on: <04-13-15/0825:12> »
Finally, do we have a very rough idea of how many ghouls there are?
Dimensions of the room?
How many exits?
There are 8-10 ghouls in this group, the room is around 20m long x 10wide x3 high, there are six tanks 4.5mx3mx1m high with about 1.5m 'corridors' between them (so relatively tight for melee, which is probably a good thing), there is the 'tunnel' you came in from the previous building on the short edge and a couple of exits on the long edge to what looks like another hydroponics area...hope that's relatively clear...?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1207 on: <04-13-15/0828:51> »
Ohhhhh GOODY! (sorry, watching someone playing Harley Quin in Injustice ATM.)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1208 on: <04-13-15/0830:10> »
Chuckles all good mate, and yeah it does make more sense. Was just wanting to get your input, have ideas of how/where to upskill/stat him (mostly social and support skills) and what that'll mean story wise.

Now to just get some info on this cluster**** so I can decide if I'm leading with bullets or an airbursted frag grenade (without mincemeating my new buddy's pet)
I would think a grenade would be bad  ??? - I'm assuming Spike (and now Al) are at the first of the two 'crossroads' between tanks, with Gradivus' Oni along the left hand wall (the far wall from the entrances to the other room)

CoP will be set sometime in 2076 so this whole shebang may well be long forgotten by the time the new action starts :)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1209 on: <04-13-15/0857:13> »
Except that I'm not limited to throwing ranges... the joys of modified Ares Alphas...  ;D

Anyway, Initiative.

Initiative: 2d6+11 20 Initiative
(Damn, just shy of 3 actions)

Round one, from the doorway.
Free Action: Change fire mode to Grenade Launcher
Simple Action 1: Activate Wireless of chambered Fragmentation Grenade.
Simple Action 2: Fire Grenade Launcher, target point is 17 meters in front of Al and Spike, 2 meters off the ground. (this should put them just outside the range)
Free Action (Perfect Time): Detonate grenade via Airburst Link at target point to rain frags down on the ghouls from over any intact hydroponics.

Grenade Launcher Attack: Range Short (under 50 meters)... AFAIK Light and Visibility should be counted by thermographic vision and no wind so would guess no penalties.
Agility 5 + Heavy Weapons 2 + Implanted Smartlink 2 + Launcher Specialization 2 = 11
Grenade Launcher Attack: 11d6t5 6 hits
Accuracy 6, hits needed to place grenade 3.
Clip 5/6
DV18P(f) at range 0 AV +5, DV drops -1/m

Round two, walking towards first tank for cover.
Free Action: Switch weapon to BF mode
Simple Action 1: Take Aim +1 Dice
Simple Action 2: Fire

Conditions the same as previous attack, assuming the closet ghoul is with 25 meters.
Agility 5 + Automatics 5 + Implanted Smartlink 2 + Assault Rifle specialization 2 + Taking Aim 1 = 15
Burst Fire Attack: 15d6t5 5 hit
Accuracy 7
Defender receives -2 defense dice.
Clip 39/42
Firing Regular ammo. DV 11(+net hits)P AV -2

Edit to add: Although.. I now realize that I forgot to keep in mind the 3m  height of the room... this... could be a bit of an... oops...  :o
« Last Edit: <04-13-15/0940:10> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1210 on: <04-14-15/0831:03> »
Edit to add: Although.. I now realize that I forgot to keep in mind the 3m  height of the room... this... could be a bit of an... oops...  :o
Well I hadn't quite expected that...anyway, my take on the chunky salsa rules is that it reflects back towards the centre so shouldn't be an issue for Al and Spike - the same can't be said for the tanks and the resulting water (there's a lot of water in each tank!)...

I suspect an Agility+Gymnastics roll is appropriate to stay on your feet please, from each of you  ;D

4 ghouls down to grenade+Al+Drone, Gradivus can attack the one in the tank to his right, there will be a pause while the ghouls work out what the hell just happened so they won't attack until the new combat round - I suspect there won't be any still on their feet by then  ::)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1211 on: <04-14-15/1059:37> »
Hehe, you've no idea how much I've been wishing for a RAW interpretation of that ruling all day.  ::)

Anyways:
Agility 5 + Gymnastics 2 = 7 dice
Gymnastics Roll: 7d6t5 2
I think I'm in the drink here... only fair enough after a stunt like that I guess.  ;D

Still, taking out 3 ghouls and halting the initial charge seems a fair trade to me for one grenade.
« Last Edit: <04-14-15/1105:02> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1212 on: <04-14-15/1709:03> »
Yikes - both Al and Spike will have to roll "push the limit" Edge for a shot at this one.

Invisible Castle still down, so going analog again.

Al
Agility + Edge = 7 dice
3  1  3  2  5  2  1  =  1 hit
Two Edge down, two left

Spike
Agility + Edge = 6 dice
5  5  1  2  6  6 
then 2 dice
3  6
then 1 die
2  =  5 hits
One Edge down, two left

You didn't mention a threshold on that test, so I'll hold off on posting until hearing from you.

Naturally if Al goes under he'll go straight to internal air.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1213 on: <04-14-15/1924:04> »
Threshold 3 (hard) seems reasonable for a waist high tidal wave :P

You probably won't need to worry about air though, it knocks you off your feet but rapidly dissipates. Four legs are clearly better for the job!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1214 on: <04-14-15/1926:55> »
No glitches so you keep hold of your weapons too :D