NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1185 on: <04-01-15/1513:21> »
@gilga - just had a thought.

Now that we are in a dungeon crawl, what if instead of having the drones right with us and shooting at whatever we shoot, what if we had them secure each intersection we leave behind us?

That way, the ghouls can never overwhelm us from front and rear. Also, right now they are so noisy we have no chance of stealth.
But if they were some distance from us, their noise would actually make it easier for us biologicals to be sneaky, masking our sounds.

Once we pass each subsequent intersection, they could jump up to the one we just passed.

Of course, something like this might require you staying on site and directly piloting them, and also you'd have to be piloting them to control who they shoot, since there may be friendlies running around down here.

Just some thoughts …your call!

Darkseid

• Newb
« Reply #1186 on: <04-05-15/0629:10> »
Greeting all! I am interested in joining If possible.
What types of characters are running so I know what direction to lean toward.

Never mind found it in the OP.....
Reading IC thread now.
« Last Edit: <04-07-15/0839:12> by Darkseid »

adamu

« Reply #1187 on: <04-08-15/0835:12> »

Other points - you said we shot some ghouls outside, but we weren't specific on how many…shall we assume Al shot three (for purposes of monitoring the ammo left in my clip)?

Sorry - this part doesn't matter so much I guess - i just read back and noticed a previous IC post where I topped up my clip.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1188 on: <04-08-15/0858:16> »
Hi Guys, for now I am leaving, been fun playing with ya all. ;)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1189 on: <04-08-15/1607:06> »
Hi Guys, for now I am leaving, been fun playing with ya all. ;)
Sorry to see you go but thanks for letting us know.  You're welcome back any time!
Greeting all! I am interested in joining If possible.
What types of characters are running so I know what direction to lean toward.

Never mind found it in the OP.....
Reading IC thread now.
You're very welcome to join us...feel free to post a character for CT, just be aware that this IC thread will (hopefully) wind up soon, after that I'm thinking of running a Prime Runner level game.  If that's not your thing there's Through the Looking Glass over on Dumpshock that could do with some additional runners!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1190 on: <04-08-15/2354:16> »
He, sorry for my extremely long absence, things got hectic for me, and this sort of dropped off my radar, for which I am sorry. I will hopefully have my new character up by tomorrow.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1191 on: <04-09-15/0253:18> »
Hmmm, might be interesting bringing Snow Crash, my albino orc combat decker in... although not sure what I'd be walking in to.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1192 on: <04-09-15/0751:58> »
Just as a precursor to opening up recruitment to all and sundry I thought I'd give you lot a preview of the recruitment thread to see if there are any questions/comments I can address before it goes live...

[spoiler]
Circles of Power Recruitment [Prime Runners Wanted!]
2075 Persistent Game World Thread

I’m looking for a dedicated team of high profile runners for a job (or jobs) in Europe.  This will probably be loosely based around some of the runs in London Falling (unless a significant number of possible recruits have run them previously in which case I can come up with something else).  Recruitment will be flexible and if we get a large number of applications I may well split you into a couple of teams…who wants to be on the distraction team? :]

As befits top end runners character gen will be using the Prime Runner sidebar [SR5 p64] and Sum to 14 with availability capped at 18 and device ratings at 6 on equipment!  The price for such generosity is that I want runners who can fulfil the roles of at least two normal runners (I expect some party crossover) or even be able to go it alone for periods of time. 

Game Style is likely to be more Trenchcoat than Mohawk so just bear that in mind when coming up with your characters…they will be powerful individuals who have worked hard (or been extremely lucky) to get to where they are.  I would like to see detailed character backgrounds with (or possibly even before) any stats.  Given the nature of pbp I suggest Face is a secondary role for anyone who wants to take that on but all runners should have some social skills for dealing with the movers and shakers of the European shadows (although there’s no reason why your runner can’t be a jet setter from the UCAS or further afield, called on for their particular expertise). 

This will be an ongoing part of my 2075 thread and rewards will be as per that thread… you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.
[/spoiler]
I'll still run CT to its natural conclusion (no, I don't mean all the PCs getting eaten :D), and if anyone wants a normal runner level game then TLG is running over on Dumpshock as mentioned a couple of posts back...
« Last Edit: <04-09-15/0839:46> by Aria »

Darkseid

• Newb
« Reply #1193 on: <04-10-15/0311:44> »
How much time approximately do you think you have left? If not much left,I will aim for the prime game, how do feel about Vampires ? ;D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1194 on: <04-10-15/0835:29> »
How much time approximately do you think you have left? If not much left,I will aim for the prime game, how do feel about Vampires ? ;D
Beyond the current scene and its aftermath I think CT will draw to a close...so probably three to four weeks real time at the pbp rate :P (Possibly shorter/longer depending on how many posts I get in, I haven't heard from the majority of players in a while and I can work something out with the couple of actives to resolve the run without compromising on the IC).

Vampires seem to be likely candidates for this power level without unduly unbalancing anything - be warned though, negatives are negatives for a reason and spontaneously combusting in sunlight might be a problem mid run (although the action is likely to take place in the UK and it's always raining here  ::)).  The main thing is to enjoy the character (and hopefully keep posting) :D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1195 on: <04-10-15/1534:46> »
At this point, I think I need to take a step back and wait for the next one. Interest has been waning of late in this incarnation (and in the character I'd been using).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1196 on: <04-10-15/1702:39> »
No problem.  Feel free to PM me any feedback on the game about what worked for you and what didn't (and the same to anyone else!) and I'll see what I can work on for next time :)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1197 on: <04-10-15/1938:29> »
Well, looking to get my feet slightly wet before working on the prime runner rebuild for the next game.

Any ideas for how to insert a rather rowdy and obvious orc combat decker into this scene? From the sounds of it there's been quite a rukkas, but just being randomly nearby while fully kitted out seems a bit iffy.

That said.. my character IS an Albino who prefers to wear white (yup, Distinctive Style)... he does kind of fit the general description of the troop. Maybe not so much a member of the troop, but hiding out among them...
« Last Edit: <04-10-15/2010:55> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1198 on: <04-10-15/2226:53> »
Sum to 14? Consider me in! I'll get a character submission up as soon as I can.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1199 on: <04-11-15/0038:33> »
Sum to 14? Consider me in! I'll get a character submission up as soon as I can.

That would be the next game I was talking about, myself. I could probably piece together a good version of Predator on that. Nothing compared to my recent 5th ed build with her adding the karma she earned in SR3, but that was a LOT (around 1,200) of karma.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen