NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1155 on: <03-11-15/0927:48> »
Well my latest IC should give you food for thought (I had a quiet evil GM chuckle over that one  :o)...

For visual inspiration (and only for those with strong stomachs) check out some of the crowd scenes in 28 Weeks Later...

I don't propose to run a blow by blow encounter as we'll still be here come Christmas but I'm interested in how your actions / plans change the outcome of the bloodbath...I'll run individual scraps if you go toe to toe with the foes, otherwise I'm happy for you to give me a string of 'hit rolls' (Invisible Castle will do this in one go rather than needing multiple individual...).  Single shots - glitches or critical glitches will result in hitting the crowd, BF etc any miss, glitch or critical glitch will result in shooting civvies.  Autonomous drones are likely to be particularly prone to shooting the crowd I would guess?!? 

You don't need to worry about it in melee, but of course don't get scratched otherwise we'll be digging out the rules for infected characters!

Of course fighting is just one option - there are bound to be others!  The Tribals have a fairly effective security force which will swing into action but it is the circus folks who are probably your chief concern...well, after your own hides that is  ;D

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <03-11-15/0940:35> »
Dogmeat will find an easily defensible position within circus ground. Somthing that is blocked from 3 sides and the drones can block the 4th.
He'll use the speakers on the drones to direct people to that defensible position as well as supresive fire from the drones toward the lorries to slow down the infected.

surpresive fire(drone): 6#9d6t5 3 1 4 4 4 3

6 rolls for 3 drone shots (2 roto drones are doing it) no glitch

Dogmeats use its own drone to shot surgically the zombies that follow whom ever use his opportunity to flee to the safe place.
shooting zombies: 3#19d6t5 3 5 7

The end game is zomby appocalyse fortress with the LAV doing evacuation runs - if cutter is game. and the 3 drones are using surpressive fire to keep the zombies at bay. He will also summon a spirit of man that will use ball lighting spell to slow down the zombies also.
level 5 spirit of man: 10d6t5 3
level 5 spirit of man: 5d6t5 0
3 services - no drain for dogmeat.
The spirit will use ball lighting  - either 3 services for 3 spells or as part of defend the people order.
Spirit Ball lighting (force 5)
Ball Lighting: 3#10d6t5 4 2 6
2 hits - one ball lighting that misses (2 instead of 3)
drain: 3#10d6t5 2 3 1
2 drain, 1 drain, 3 drain 6 total.

Dogmeat: Dogmeat will also surpresive fire.
shooting zombies end game plan: 3#19d6t5 4 3 4

Drones:
shooting zombies end game plan: 6#9d6t5 3 3 3 6 4 2

Amazing how the drones are just as effective with 9 dice as dogmeat is with 19.
lol.

In case the zombies break into the 'fortress' the little drone will blow itself on the zombies (it has a stun grenade)

I know I know Ghouls - but they are zombies never the less lol;)

« Last Edit: <03-11-15/1005:06> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1157 on: <03-12-15/0627:51> »
PS: Someone should make sure the seer is safe -we've been to so much to secure her.

adamu

« Reply #1158 on: <03-12-15/0630:09> »
Yikes.

My computer at home is still down, so just dashing something off from work.

Once Al gets onto the roof of his Gaz, with each action (two or three per turn) he'll use a simple to shoot a ghoul (shotgun using flechette on narrow choke) and a simple action to make a Perception test. That may add up to a lot of Perception tests, but I suppose there is a lot to look around and see - he'll be starting with any sign of trouble in the circus train, then looking outwards from there.

Aria, feel free to roll any of that for me if necessary to keep things moving.

I'll get rolls up as soon as my computer works again.

adamu

« Reply #1159 on: <03-12-15/1741:42> »
Yay!

Computer back up.

Promised rolls

Some initiatives:
11 + 2d6

The shooting - as I said, narrow spread flechette, so -1 on ghoul defense rolls. I am sort of assuming they are not armored, in which case AP -1. If they are armored it is AP +5.  DV is 13P, and my limit is Accuracy 4.
I shouldn't have any vision mods, but whatever other mods just adjust my rolls accordingly.

Agility + skill + specialization = 11 dice

OOPS - all that typing so far, and now Invisible Castle is down.
(I swear I have the Gremlins flaw in RL.)

So we are back to -
@Aria - feel free to roll for me if necessary to keep things going.

The perception rolls are 7 dice.

My melee defense rolls, without mods (like for being on top of the truck), are 15 dice. Anything hits me, I'll use Edge to re-roll fails.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1160 on: <03-12-15/1756:52> »
Yay!

Computer back up.

Promised rolls

Some initiatives:
11 + 2d6

The shooting - as I said, narrow spread flechette, so -1 on ghoul defense rolls. I am sort of assuming they are not armored, in which case AP -1. If they are armored it is AP +5.  DV is 13P, and my limit is Accuracy 4.
I shouldn't have any vision mods, but whatever other mods just adjust my rolls accordingly.

Agility + skill + specialization = 11 dice

OOPS - all that typing so far, and now Invisible Castle is down.
(I swear I have the Gremlins flaw in RL.)

So we are back to -
@Aria - feel free to roll for me if necessary to keep things going.

The perception rolls are 7 dice.

My melee defense rolls, without mods (like for being on top of the truck), are 15 dice. Anything hits me, I'll use Edge to re-roll fails.
if it helps ;)

1. initiative: 11+2d6 15
2. boom boom: 3#11d6t5 4 3 4
3. doge doge: 3#15d6t5 7 4 3

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1161 on: <03-13-15/0852:14> »
Ichirō was torn between going for the LAV and going toward the dwarf named Al.
Whilst Al might be an ugly runt  ::) I don't think he's a dwarf...not that it really matters in the thick of combat...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1162 on: <03-13-15/1156:06> »
Yeah, I noticed that!
Been going on for a few post cycles.

No big deal (no pun intended!).

I actually haven't been sure if it's due to my always mentioning how short Al is, or if it's a subtle comeback from Grad in response to Al's being such a racist to his oni character...

Maybe I'll jot out a quick IC fix...

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <03-13-15/1443:58> »
remember, Oni are usually taller than humans, and Al is short for a human...hence, he's a dwarf to the Oni
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

adamu

« Reply #1164 on: <03-13-15/1738:24> »
remember, Oni are usually taller than humans, and Al is short for a human...hence, he's a dwarf to the Oni

Awesome - that is totally cool!

As I said, I thought maybe you were calling him a dwarf on purpose!

That'll be a way cool schtick, especially if you ever make the reference so he can hear it - we will have some  fun!

Even right now - like in the comic books where people are having these huge conversations right in the middle of fighting hordes of bad guys - we could be doing this back-and-forth as we slay ghouls!

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1165 on: <03-13-15/2123:14> »
I figure now would be a good time to introduce my next character, I'll get a sheet up as soon as I can.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #1166 on: <03-13-15/2239:59> »
I figure now would be a good time to introduce my next character, I'll get a sheet up as soon as I can.

Welcome news!

adamu

« Reply #1167 on: <03-16-15/1932:11> »
Okay, here are the perception tests I meant to roll, now that Invisible Castle is back up:

Attribute + skill = 7 dice

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4798207/
7d6.hits(5) → [1,6,3,6,5,3,6] = (4)
7d6.hits(5) → [4,5,2,2,6,4,6] = (3)
7d6.hits(5) → [6,6,5,5,2,5,4] = (5)

And if none of those show where the ghouls went, here is a tracking test:
Attribute + skill = 9 dice
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4798187/
[4,4,5,3,1,4,1,1,5] = (2)

Which sucks, so one Edge to roll fails:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4798204/
[1,3,2,3,3,1,3] = (0)

Okay, so two hits anyway. Maybe there is a pretty low threshold for tracking a herd of stinky blood feral ghouls!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1168 on: <03-17-15/0128:24> »
Dogmeat drones will also do some perception check:
Perception Drones: 2#9d6t5 2 1

adamu

« Reply #1169 on: <03-18-15/1754:56> »
@Aria - hope I didn't read your last IC post wrong.

So, basically, the bulk of the ghouls are still missing?

If I read that right, Al will continue to track.

Do I get a new roll at this point, or shall the last one continue to stand?
Also, is the trail (of a herd of bloody ghouls) clear enough to follow in a vehicle?