NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1140 on: <03-03-15/1145:57> »
I'm cool with moving forward.

- Does the Seer turn back into a little girl?

- Will Ichiro be able to get his troll?

- Will be have to be involved with getting the lead tractor back to work, or will their engineers take care of it.
--- On that note, with its drivers dead, Al will be happy to carry on driving it...

Just FYI - still posting from work (from whence I cannot access DS). Hopefully home PC will be back up in a couple of days.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1141 on: <03-03-15/1235:47> »
How much time do we have? is there time to use karma for skills? initiations and stuff like that?
I am not sure how much karma the dog has, but I think he should be useful with a couple of first aid points or a heal spell - I kind of feel silly I left them out.
Will probably be a few hours before you get to 'civilisation' but given the nature of the way we run things in this pbp that's plenty of time to invest in some new skills etc...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1142 on: <03-03-15/1236:10> »
I'm cool with moving forward.

- Does the Seer turn back into a little girl?

- Will Ichiro be able to get his troll?

- Will be have to be involved with getting the lead tractor back to work, or will their engineers take care of it.
--- On that note, with its drivers dead, Al will be happy to carry on driving it...

Just FYI - still posting from work (from whence I cannot access DS). Hopefully home PC will be back up in a couple of days.
Will try and work all that lot into the IC :D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1143 on: <03-05-15/1238:02> »
Ok, IC up, I've bulldozed you forwards (there's time for some retroactive posting if you want to or just skip to the current time)...

I'm assuming that our Tech Wiz dwarf is in the meeting group that rescued the train so riki, please feel free to post along with everyone else!

As ever, shout ooc if you have any questions about what you are seeing, I've been fairly vague in my descriptions to allow you some leeway but I can give more detail as required... ;)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1144 on: <03-05-15/1836:05> »
I wanted to take a point of first aid - but 28 posts is 14 karma so I initiated Dogmeat and gave him a power point. Not the mechanically best option but I envision him more of an adept that can cast some spells - then as a mage.
 I know MA are mages that have some adept qualities - but thats mechanics ;)

I took inspiration from Baldurs gate where the hero gets magical powers while sleeping. I hope it is okay. I know in Shadowrun it is a bit different studying a lot and stuff to gain magic is just boring. Growing increasingly mad and suffering terribly anytime you advance seems more interesting to me.

The rest of the time dogmeat will examine the Deck and hack into it. He has 19 points in hacking devices - +2 from hot sim VR so he should get to buy 5 hits I think it'll be enough to get the marks on an undefended deck. Since the item is not legal to begin with - I don't think we need a 'transfer ownership' as no one can admit to have ownership of a deck anywhere digital.

I also want to give him a level 6 agent - can it be done? he has the money.
« Last Edit: <03-05-15/1840:51> by gilga »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1145 on: <03-05-15/2117:44> »
I'll get an IC up soon. Also, I still do want to make a new character, just wanted to ask if Life Modules were in use, and if so do we get any karma above the normal amount?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1146 on: <03-06-15/1211:31> »
I'll get an IC up soon. Also, I still do want to make a new character, just wanted to ask if Life Modules were in use, and if so do we get any karma above the normal amount?
Sum to 10, karmagen and Life modules are all available...

I've seen a few posts suggesting that karmagen and life modules are set too low, but until there's some RAW I think we'll stick 'as is' - if your character looks woefully underequipped I will reconsider!

I will houserule that the second two systems get the freebie contacts and knowledge skills than Sum to 10 does though!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1147 on: <03-06-15/1217:40> »
I wanted to take a point of first aid - but 28 posts is 14 karma so I initiated Dogmeat and gave him a power point. Not the mechanically best option but I envision him more of an adept that can cast some spells - then as a mage.
 I know MA are mages that have some adept qualities - but thats mechanics ;)

I took inspiration from Baldurs gate where the hero gets magical powers while sleeping. I hope it is okay. I know in Shadowrun it is a bit different studying a lot and stuff to gain magic is just boring. Growing increasingly mad and suffering terribly anytime you advance seems more interesting to me.

The rest of the time dogmeat will examine the Deck and hack into it. He has 19 points in hacking devices - +2 from hot sim VR so he should get to buy 5 hits I think it'll be enough to get the marks on an undefended deck. Since the item is not legal to begin with - I don't think we need a 'transfer ownership' as no one can admit to have ownership of a deck anywhere digital.

I also want to give him a level 6 agent - can it be done? he has the money.
The magic stuff is fine, although I will probably 'wake you up' around midnight...you didn't think this was really over did you?!?

Decks can still be 'legal' in the right hands...but in this case the former owner was a runner so it was definitely off the books!

The agent depends on your contacts etc.  Rt 4 is avail 12 so you can get that one without needing any sort of justification, 6 is 18 avail though so you'll need some idea of where you intend to get it?!?  The right SIN and fake licences might get you a 'legit' copy...?!?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1148 on: <03-06-15/1229:07> »
I am a total newbie in this - it is actually the first time I buy gear post char gen.

I have a 3/3 fixer contact named charlie and that's it lol ;) perhaps I did not design Dogmeat right.
I am okay in waking up in the middle of the night ;) he is probably screaming madly in his cart.

I'd like some  full body armor, and agent.
(he's so physically weak so I thought plating him as much as possible will be good.)

If I can't use charlie for it I'll have to come with a way to make contacts otherwise no idea what he'll do with money without knowing people that can get him stuff. level 4 is also reasonable I guess for agent. Just wanted something that constantly scans the matrix 24/7 during combat because i found out that my player get distracted being a multi tasker. In a few months he'll be a reasonable combatant if we are still playing ;) Then he will feel super fun being flexible enough to also use his spells in direct combat.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1149 on: <03-06-15/1350:43> »
I want to further develop his Aircraft piloting skill and skill with Gunnery.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1150 on: <03-06-15/1403:13> »
get an RCC also  there is a reasonable one for 16k.
- and a couple of roto drones ;)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1151 on: <03-06-15/1417:50> »
get an RCC also  there is a reasonable one for 16k.
- and a couple of roto drones ;)

Bit too much focus in that area for the time being. Though, in retrospect, an RCC could come in handy for use in 'summoning' the vehicle should the need arise.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1152 on: <03-06-15/1546:23> »
A commlink will do if you just want to control the LAV.  Just once you get gunnery you'll be addicted.  Its  a really fun weapon skill - can shot anything as long as it is mounted.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1153 on: <03-06-15/1654:54> »
Sum to 10, karmagen and Life modules are all available...

I've seen a few posts suggesting that karmagen and life modules are set too low, but until there's some RAW I think we'll stick 'as is' - if your character looks woefully underequipped I will reconsider!

I will houserule that the second two systems get the freebie contacts and knowledge skills than Sum to 10 does though!

Ok, thanks. My only problem with the preset karma-gen systems is that while it's great for backgrounds, the starting karma is low wnough where I feel like once you have your modules, the rest of it can be a desperate slog for whatever you want. It's no problem, I'll get a character up using one of the systems after my vacation, which bring me to my next thing, day after tomorrow I will be going on a five-day vacation, I won't be able to psot until I get back.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #1154 on: <03-07-15/1846:56> »
Hey all, thanks to my good friends at Apple looks like I will be offline for a few days.

Hopefully not long - and this site I can sometimes access from work.

Will try to get back ASAP.