NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1110 on: <02-16-15/2047:14> »
I'm sticking around. I just haven't had much I needed to do of late, and was out of Edge to pull off cool stuff with.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1111 on: <02-16-15/2131:25> »
You forgot Dogmeat the generalist.
Decker/rigger/mystic adept.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1112 on: <02-16-15/2235:09> »
That's a lot of roles for one character.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1113 on: <02-16-15/2246:02> »
Yeap, I sort of like him... he is not the fighting type tough - I mean to make him reasonably good at all these things I sacrificed physical stats. It is fun to have options tough.
It is also fun to have a physical weakness - as it forces you to approach problems differently. I actually used his hacking to stable the T-Bird, rigging to shoot stuff - you seen that he shoots nicely - and magic to make that drone super stealthy.

PS: are we done with the scene ? I mean it is left in a manner where I do not have anything to work with for an IC. The combat just stopped and became a hurt breaking drama.
« Last Edit: <02-16-15/2253:28> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1114 on: <02-17-15/0824:27> »
I'm still in, but am going to refresh with a new character when this scene is over. Quick question, can I keep the Karma and Nyuen I earned? I understand if you don't let me keep it, I just want to know beforehand.
You keep any nuyen and karma you've earned provided you haven't already spent it on a character...can you try and get your character genned up soon so that we can smooth you in?  Thanks!

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17794.msg345436#msg345436

Assuming Matsui Ichirō is still alive, he's in.
Otherwise I'll make another character.
I suspect you'll be ok...and there's magical healing on hand.  I've added your sheet to the beginning of the thread, sorry I missed it :P

I will gray out the abilities I have no points in, question though. Could you provide a link to the tribal thread, I can't navigate dumpshock for some reason.
  Copied from DS so hope the links work...

Tribes [Street level / Puyallup barrens]
<<IC Thread>>
<<Emerging Thread>>
<<Recruitment  Thread>>
Things have not gone well for the two tribes, Fre∑dom (a small hacker tribe) and the Mechanicals (a techno/steam punk tribe of tinkerers, scavengers and techies), in the last two years.  Both on the edge of the Puyallup barrens and working together to survive the predations of the other more violent locals, their numbers have suffered greatly from hit and run attacks as well as the daily grind of living in the barrens.  They’ve also suffered from an inexplicable flu like virus that has laid waste to this area of the barrens. 

I'm sticking around. I just haven't had much I needed to do of late, and was out of Edge to pull off cool stuff with.
You've got a LAV to play with...you want more cool stuff  :o  no worries, plenty more cool to come and I think I'll refresh edge after this scene anyway for the sake of my sanity/book keeping  :P

Yes, sorry, you and gradivus are in the front link list now

That's a lot of roles for one character.
As gilga noted, he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag  ;D

I'll talk to adamu about the scene and when's the best time to transition back to me as the GM (and I know he's itching to play Al again...)
« Last Edit: <02-17-15/0827:28> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1115 on: <02-17-15/1654:49> »
Sorry about the lull!

I had hoped that the abrupt and simultaneous cessation of multiple sources of fire would come across as tense and ominous, especially since the fact that their drones are continuing to shadow Dogmeat/Invisodrone could indicate they may still be around.

But I understand that that may not have come across clearly.

The mysterious oni is hurt pretty bad, but of course he's a total stranger, so no idea how your characters might want to deal with that.

And there is the Seer - for those of you that are paid to be here, she is your primary protectee, the cargo you were told to prioritize keeping safe, and she's in pretty bad shape.

Even if you aren't concerned about the shooters out in the woods and in the sky, I suppose if you wanted to end the scene I would just like to know what you would do with her. Leave her there? She's far too big now to transport in the T-bird or in one of the regular train cars - wouldn't fit in the door….

I don't want to drag things out if no one is up for it, but seems like the ball is in the players' court for the moment, whether you want to deal with any of these issues or simply clarify whether and how you are disengaging from the situation.

Alternatively, if Aria wants to move on to the next scene soon, I can just do an IC post wrapping everything up.

No worries either way or whatever you do - I just want everyone to have fun!

riki.joat

• Newb
« Reply #1116 on: <02-17-15/1805:12> »
Yes, welcome on board!  I've linked your sheet on the first page of this thread.  To make it slightly easier on the eye any chance you could grey out the skills you haven't put points in?  Should make it easier to see your active skills.

I second adamu's request for some background.  While you are reading through the CT IC you might want to consider a brief read of the Tribes thread over on DS.  The Mechanicals are a group of steampunk techies living just north of the current encounter and it's entirely likely that they will be called on to assist the train once the current fracas dies down.  You could easily come from there, or be on retainer with the train itself...whatever works best for you!

Thanks for the help pasting the helpful bits. I'm thinking I might come along with the Tribe, obviously not as a member since they're street level builds and I am built as a regular runner. Figured I may know them though, since I'm a new runner to town living in Puyallup. I got a backstory for Kale that I will include pieces of in my first IC post as Kale's thinking if that works. If anybody wants my backstory I can post it here or in a pm if that would help.

Wish I was in protecting the seer, she could probably fit in the back of my truck.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1117 on: <02-18-15/0018:21> »
Sorry about the lull!

I had hoped that the abrupt and simultaneous cessation of multiple sources of fire would come across as tense and ominous, especially since the fact that their drones are continuing to shadow Dogmeat/Invisodrone could indicate they may still be around.

Well the way it is told this fire started from nowhere - and ended in the same manner. With the drones just popping out too, it all seemed random. I still do not know why the fire ended, or started for that same manner - and why would someone send drones to hit the drone - and then suddenly stop instead of taking another shot.

Add to it starting mid scene - without even knowing if the Johnson is alive. Dogmeat is totally improvising - they want to shoot fine, no shoot also fine. (I still do not understand why we rolled initiative to begin with... why they attack after getting the girl.)

Well we had a lot of character replacement mid scene - so it seems like nobody truely follows anymore.
big guns and saithor did not seem to care about handing over the seer and dogmeat did what he could to stop it just to see that the seer do not want to be saved... honestly - she deserve it.
I'd say let's just leave her to her destiny - make her an example of what happens to the naiive and fool. This is not Disney with happy endings this is the 6th world - it is a dystopian world. I like having her turned into a freak.

I think I have a dark solution - we can shoot at her until she is disrupted and return to the meta-plains... she'll be back in a year and a day anyhow, and the darn crow may not follow her there. (or it will - but at any case we get some peace for a year and a day).  Hows that for a dark ending?

I also did not understand why everyone stopped shooting... why they begun shooting in the first place after they had the seer - then stopped? oh well - it all look so random to me, and the drones really sort of appeared out of thin air - I am almost sure they are an illusion spell.
« Last Edit: <02-18-15/0030:54> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1118 on: <02-18-15/0829:11> »
Ah the fog of pbp war  ???

So that adamu can take Al back over I'll pick up from here.  It's not quite the 'next scene' yet as there are a few things to resolve first...to my mind the situation is summarised below (feel free to interject/contradict)!

• Your purloined LAV is hovering in a clearing over the fae beasty, a couple of dead bodies and a mysterious stranger (the oni)
  • Enemy fire has stopped (for now) but the rota drones are circling somewhere in the murk (probably visible to the LAV's sensors!) and there is at least one known ground drone out there somewhere that single handed took out the front of the land train
  • Fae beasty has a crown on that she/you can't remove, it's apparently stopping her return to the astral.  It's likely an artefact, and therefore bloody valuable to the right people!
  • From my count you've neutralised half of the known opponents...not bad going but the others are probably miffed with you right now!

Saithor, I know you want a new character so we'll try and get through this next bit fairly quickly but provided we can get a sensible transition I'm happy for you to play both PCs for a bit if that helps...?

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1119 on: <02-18-15/0841:53> »
I don't mind playing Alicia until we get this scene over with. No problem with me. As for the seer, there should be a way to remove the crown unless whoever's GMing decides to just go fully grim dark on us. I'd say its a possibility it can be physically removed.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1120 on: <02-18-15/0851:09> »
Thanks for the help pasting the helpful bits. I'm thinking I might come along with the Tribe, obviously not as a member since they're street level builds and I am built as a regular runner. Figured I may know them though, since I'm a new runner to town living in Puyallup. I got a backstory for Kale that I will include pieces of in my first IC post as Kale's thinking if that works. If anybody wants my backstory I can post it here or in a pm if that would help.

Wish I was in protecting the seer, she could probably fit in the back of my truck.
Don't worry about the builds, if you would like to be a Mechanical it doesn't matter that you have more build points - it's for fluff rather than mechanics.  Even if you chose to join in the Tribes thread at some point I have no problem with a different build.  If you want to be separate I'm cool with that too.

If you want to stick your character up on the Obsidian Portal that would be good (and the same to everyone else!).  You'll need to sign up there and then I think Jayde Moon can invite you to the campaign page (https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/).  I'd like background there too when you get a chance please.

In case I've not said it already, a post on the OP (whether character, background location, NPC etc) will count towards your IC post count for determining rewards!

adamu

« Reply #1121 on: <02-18-15/1614:46> »
In case I've not said it already, a post on the OP (whether character, background location, NPC etc) will count towards your IC post count for determining rewards!

Thanks for that clarification - I had been tracking my time spent to report later, but this will be much cleaner!

Anyway, relinquishing the con!

Everyone, it was good fun, and thanks to all that stuck with.

For those of you that have yet to play with Aria at the helm, I personally think you are in for a great ride. Obviously Aria and I have had detailed discussions on all the current behind-the-screen stuff.

Of course I'll still be around as Al, though perhaps still on the fringes for a bit...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1122 on: <02-20-15/1505:05> »
Nice to be hearing from Al.
Dogmeat jump out of invisi-drone, and into the car and drive it toward the LAV.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1123 on: <02-20-15/1643:44> »
Nice to be hearing from Al.
Dogmeat jump out of invisi-drone, and into the car and drive it toward the LAV.
Errr, I applaud your bravery but the LAV is in a clearing with trees around it...there are hostiles hiding in those trees...you might be safer waiting by the train?!?  Given your physical state and the fact that you can act from afar... just sayin  :o

Also I'm not sure how 'all terrain' your car is...getting stuck in the trees would be embarrassing  ;D

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1124 on: <02-20-15/2316:34> »

I also did not understand why everyone stopped shooting... why they begun shooting in the first place after they had the seer - then stopped? oh well - it all look so random to me, and the drones really sort of appeared out of thin air - I am almost sure they are an illusion spell.

I believe everyone started shooting because when I showed up I immediately went after the leader because he was one of the people involved in the killing of my partner from my backstory.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral