NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1080 on: <02-07-15/1951:31> »
doge logic + intuition + rig -spell sustain that cancel out: doge: 2#13d6t5 4 6

by the way - I am puzzled with them even seeing the drone I am firing from. Is the invisibility and stuff doing anything useful for me? I sustain it for weeks now lol;)

gilga - you've dodged both attacks from the two drones diving in on you.

I don't mind you asking your question - there are lots of times when I go to a lot of trouble as a player to stack the odds in my favor, and I am always keen to make sure they are all reflected in the GM's rulings.
So just to make sure we are on the same page, you have the sustained invisibility spell, the concealment from the spirit, and prior to shooting up the neighborhood you had some stealth successes on top of that.
PLUS, you've got dark, rain, trees, and huge noise from the T-bird.
Did I miss anything?

adamu

« Reply #1081 on: <02-07-15/1958:52> »
If he has good cover, I guess I am better off getting up and dashing to cover myself then.

Assuming you can make the test to stand up, you will have no problem finding hard cover (tree) that should screen you as fully as you like from your assailant's last known firing position.

And assuming you make he stand up test, you do not get shot on the way to said cover.

@all - it being PbP I am happy to get updated action declarations late from anyone we pass by - so even if we move on, if you had action coming to you, by all means post it whenever!

But I will be offline until Monday night, so will check in then to see what has happened, and to fill in any holes in the IC that players have not covered.

At this point, everyone can declare their actions for the second phase of the combat turn (including you, gradvirus - you mentioned going on 3 because of your dodge - but in fact your action to run for cover was your initial action from 18 - it just seems like a lot has happened cuz you were busy getting shot!).

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1082 on: <02-07-15/2029:31> »
Its not like that ;)  - Al tough blowing up his drone could definitely kill dogmeat.

I was just surprised that they picked the one drone that is difficult to see (and hit) ignoring the other two that are obvious targets.  Dogmeat got a defense roll so he wasn't surprised I just do not understand as a player the mechanics of what happens and where were these drones in dogmeat's turn. but okay - the mechanics are the least of it. But never-mind that... At this point dogmeat is so confused that dodging or not dodging the bullets is really not that important.

Whoever sent these drones is obviously a couple of steps in front of him - and i feel that he his just improvising and well It feels like we messed up terribly with all the bloodshed.

That's fine...  But I am seriously considering sending Dogmeat back home for the night hoping that things will look better in the morning... If the Johnson is even still alive.

all with a single shot.
simple action shoot:
Dogmeat (18 regular -1 recoil) , limit 7
1. simple dogmeat action: just die feathered guy(fix): 17d6t5 7
(let me sleep on the next parts of the turn - I am considering jumping out before they do hit)

drones (limit 5)
just die feathered guy - drones: 2#9d6t5 3 4

@gradivus i'd really just ask for medical evacuation I think if you stand out you're finished. Your wound penalties will cripple anything you do. You need the T-bird to rescue you if you like this char that is.
« Last Edit: <02-07-15/2108:55> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1083 on: <02-07-15/2108:55> »
@gilga How do I call a commlink of a person I don't know

What sort of test do I have to pass to stand up?
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1084 on: <02-07-15/2112:10> »
stand up no idea - I haven't been knocked out or even hit yet... I am just learning the mechanics.
But I'd go delayed action + free action if you can - so that cutter can pick you up.
Because you are almost dead.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1085 on: <02-07-15/2309:56> »
That's metathinking...my character doesn't know who is in the chopper and wouldn't be expecting a rescue from an unknown source.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1086 on: <02-09-15/0956:00> »
By the way guys I am boarding a plane in a few hours, so from now on I'll just be on from time to time.

adamu

« Reply #1087 on: <02-09-15/1658:17> »
By the way guys I am boarding a plane in a few hours, so from now on I'll just be on from time to time.

Have a great trip, a safe trip, and a productive trip!

Touch base with us when you can.

adamu

« Reply #1088 on: <02-09-15/1703:18> »
@gilga How do I call a commlink of a person I don't know

What sort of test do I have to pass to stand up?

I suck at matrix rules, so not sure what sort of hocus pocus would let you call a stranger, unless they were broadcasting an ARO, maybe.
There's probably some sort of pseudo-hacking way…if you don't feel like trolling through the rules, you can always post the question on a discussion board.
Your Computer skill is 3, so if there is a way, Ichiro probably knows it…

But standing up is more straightforward - BBB p. 166 Bod + Wil test, you need 2 successes, and wound mods apply.

adamu

« Reply #1089 on: <02-09-15/1706:51> »
gilga - okay, so all of your drone shots hit the guy - see IC.

@everyone - next IC has resolutions for gilga's last action, which means a few people got skipped.
But at this point, I don't think it will be to anyone's detriment, and as I said, anyone skipped can still post an action and we will work it in.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1090 on: <02-09-15/1719:52> »
6 dice -3 for wounds needing a threshold of 2... ummm, on second thought I'll crawl as fast as possible towards the nearest cover.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1091 on: <02-09-15/2024:40> »
Sorry for my long avbsence, I can't seem to like playing the game anymore, I don't know if I will continue after the current one. A quick question, is it possible for Alicia to remove the crown in the Astral world? Let me know if I need to make any rolls.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #1092 on: <02-10-15/0707:46> »
Sorry for my long avbsence, I can't seem to like playing the game anymore, I don't know if I will continue after the current one. A quick question, is it possible for Alicia to remove the crown in the Astral world? Let me know if I need to make any rolls.

no worries - I completely understand your feeling!
Definitely been there myself - sometimes you are just not feeling it.

All the more reason I appreciate your sticking it out for this scene!

The crown certainly has an astral presence, so in theory your astrally projecting form (are you still projecting?? I got a bit confused by what looked like a commlink transmission earlier...)... so yeah, in theory your astrally projecting form could "touch" it.

However, your hefty Arcana skill will let you know that a lot of doohickies with this much power have a trick to them. It might be aligned to the signature of a particular user. Or if it is affecting a powerful spirit, it might have a connection to that particular spirit. It could have magical traps, etc o it, too.
Or, it could just come right off....

You do notice that  the Seer, though, both when she looked like a little girl and now that she looks like some heinous fae monster, has been trying to shake and bat it off herself, but to no avail.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1093 on: <02-10-15/2131:07> »
When I get the chance to post IC, I'm just going to try and take the sucker off. Hopefully we don't have to kill the Seer before the mission is over, or it involves her having to die.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #1094 on: <02-11-15/1628:15> »
Okay - cool!
Then I'll wait for your IC post and respond quickly once it comes.

Anyone else want to state actions?
Also feel free to make "non-action" IC posts, or IC posts that simply inititate actions, like saithor is talking about...