NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #915 on: <01-10-15/2121:43> »
@BigGuns

No idea how much Edge you have left, a I was not GMing throughout so wasn't any of my business.
I'll leave it to you to figure out.

Anyway, you totally owned that test - you are just so damned action-movie agile, that even as the pilot tries even harder to throw you off, you just keep making just the right 007 moves to stay on top of things.
So no penalties to your actions while in this situation.

Anyway, loose as I am about initiative to keep the flow going, the decker is awake and you guys are face to face, so it is on.

Looking back at the last posted initiative (a la 8-bit), you have 21, which means you can act. But please limit next action to what you can do in one Action Phase.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #916 on: <01-10-15/2142:17> »
The shot:

Agility 6 + Pistols 5 + Semi-Automatics specialty 2 + Wireless Laser Sight 1 + Take Aim 1 = 15 dice

Rolls:
[4, 3, 2, 2, 6, 1, 2, 6, 5, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4]

Hits: 7 hits to shoot the (I assume) Decker just outside the cockpit door.

Damage and Armor Penetration:
7P + <hits> at a -5 AP

Dunno if he gets a defense being that he appears full VR.  I have a feeling though that there's a decent chance that his brains are now abstract art on the back of his seat.
« Last Edit: <01-10-15/2151:23> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #917 on: <01-11-15/0357:16> »
Well I am waiting after the last IC post to my meat body to arrive secure the area with the drones. Nothing meaningful to do until then;)

P.S BigGuns, if you get your hands on his cyberdeck my character will probably be happy to borrow it/buy it from you. as being a generalist he settled for a 'so so' deck.
« Last Edit: <01-11-15/0954:03> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #918 on: <01-12-15/1717:56> »

Dunno if he gets a defense being that he appears full VR.  I have a feeling though that there's a decent chance that his brains are now abstract art on the back of his seat.

Yeah, sad to say it.
He pretty much came out of full VR in time to watch you shoot him dead.
Great shot, but he might have been able to take it IF he wasn't facing penalties for just leaving VR, being basically upside-down as the LAV rolls, and, worst of all, being strapped to his chair.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #919 on: <01-12-15/1733:19> »
Got to the meat body just in time to take a gunshot... how evil ;)
I bet now I could try hack it again. Is my character aware of the LAV diving in?
« Last Edit: <01-12-15/1737:28> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #920 on: <01-12-15/1739:48> »
Hey, I'm the "nice" GM. Aria killed those poor kids' parents.

Anyway, it'll be a few ticks before your little car reaches the train. Not long, and want active posters to be able to post through, but I think I'll give it just one more day in real time before posting your arrival, just in case any of our other players want to chime in (8-bit???).

Once you get there, it will get increasingly hard to ignore their presence/leave them on the sidellines, and I don't want to puppet even inactive players any more than I have to.

BigGuns, you're pretty much in the thick of things, though, and free to take an action.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #921 on: <01-12-15/1752:38> »
No problem about that ;) The real session goes much slower so I am used to stuff.
I can probably try hacking again if I can see the LAV is out of control,  I believe a mark or two will be enough to put it back on autopilot ;)

adamu

« Reply #922 on: <01-12-15/1955:38> »
No problem about that ;) The real session goes much slower so I am used to stuff.
I can probably try hacking again if I can see the LAV is out of control,  I believe a mark or two will be enough to put it back on autopilot ;)

Well, you still have to locate the icon…I should tell you that (can't remember exactly what the reasoning was - I think a combination of their bad security and the decker patching everything to each other) it was established some time ago that all the team's chatter is hearable by, well, pretty much everyone in the vicinity.
So Dogmeat might have heard some of the recent exchanges...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #923 on: <01-12-15/2026:55> »
1. I think that with the decker out of the way mechanically, dogmeat now just have to overcome the sleeze of the deck. (his logic attribute is now 0) so it is easier to do so.
The sustain spell is really a drag, I ment to give it to the spirit for a couple of turns.

2. There is a cooler more 'james bond' solution, I can instruct him how to connect his commlink into one of the systems in the plains, and extend me a mark on the commlink. That waywe can establish a direct connection to one of the devices on the plain. (door look even)
(I mean cutter is already there... that way I can totally bay-pass his bad-ass deck and just hack the door lock, and get the mark on the master device as well.

If you approve I'll write something IC ;)

« Last Edit: <01-12-15/2057:37> by gilga »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #924 on: <01-12-15/2049:49> »
I'm back, will get a post up when I can figure out the spirit combat rules.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #925 on: <01-12-15/2052:12> »
Most of my actions at this time are Take Aim actions up to my maximum (due to my Willpower) of +2 from the action.

When it comes time to actually fire a shot at the pilot, I will dump my last point of Edge into it to try and make sure the bastard goes down.

Agility 6 + Pistols 5 + Semi-Automatics specialization 2 + Laser Sight 1 + Take Aim 2 + Edge 5 = 21 dice

Rolls [2, 6 (4), 1, 1, 5, 5, 1, 2, 6 (6, 6, 3), 1, 2, 6 (1), 6 (3), 1, 3, 6 (4), 3, 3, 6 (2), 2, 4] = 10 hits (pretty good, around 50%)

DV Refresher: 7P + any hits left after defense
AP Refresher: -5
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #926 on: <01-12-15/2155:08> »
two rolls: 1 discover icon if the direct approach with commlink as a datatap is not valid:
intuition (5) + computer (5) + hot sim (2) - spell sustain (2) = 10 dice, 4 hits.
1  1  5  1  5  5  1  2  3  6

The 21 initiative dice goes like this:

pass 1: simple action reach meat body, simple action configure the deck.
pass 2: jump into hot sim. (not sure what kind of action...)
pass 3: hack or discover icon.

If I can do the direct thingy: I roll logic + hacking (17) + 2 devices +2 hot sim -2 spell sustain = 19:

2  2  6  1  2  3  6  3  3  5  3  1  2  1  6  5  5  4  6   
7 hits, (just like the limit of my deck).

« Last Edit: <01-12-15/2200:42> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #927 on: <01-13-15/1656:00> »
I'm back, will get a post up when I can figure out the spirit combat rules.

Great news!

Although I co-opted your fire spirit (and made it a girl - hope that wasn't too far off your reality), it did not use any services - it was just amusing itself.

Also, although I showed it fighting another spirit, that also is just color. With you back, just assume the other spirit broke off the fight for whatever reason, putting your fire spirit back at your disposal.

Any other info you need to catch up, just let me know - otherwise your scene can pick up pretty much where it left off.

adamu

« Reply #928 on: <01-13-15/1709:16> »
@BigGuns
Okay, need a defense test and, just in case, a damage soak.

Then it will be your action again.

@gilga
Cutter too busy to be connecting cables at the moment, and we'll have to wait in any case to see whether he chooses to do so.

So we'll go with your other actions -
you can now easily find the deck, which is located pretty much where the T-bird is.
However, despite your strong search, you simply cannot find an icon for the T-bird itself or any of its systems.

Go ahead and IC that, and proceed with next action.
Also, if you are actually coming on scene, I need to know exactly where you put your car in relation to the trains (I posted fairly detailed OOC description of the current configurationa a little ways back up the thread).

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #929 on: <01-13-15/1731:44> »
bah couldn't find it. but lets not be strategic about it, lets assume I came from the north.