NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #840 on: <12-24-14/1249:29> »
Okay, I've got my marching orders from Aria.

Of course I know many folks have a lot going on right now, so posting may be sporadic, but I will do my part in keeping things moving.

That will definitely mean a new GM-IC post within a day from now.

If anyone happens to be around in the meantime, feel free to give me any updates you can on location, current activity, and intention.

And, frankly, just any shout-out to let us know you are still around would be helpful!

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #841 on: <12-24-14/1307:46> »
Still around, I'm in the hab car in VR on the host manning the defences. Have a VR terminal displaying my smartgun's camera which is trained on the door to the room I'm in
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #842 on: <12-24-14/1400:29> »
Here also. Luz is pinned to the top of the first train by LAV fire, contemplating her next move.

SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

adamu

« Reply #843 on: <12-24-14/1754:25> »
Okay, I put up an IC.

It's not much in the way of stimulus, but offers a chance to be proactive.

If no one acts for a while (a good long while - I know it's Christmas), I'll move the action forward from the other side's perspective.

Some notes on how I think I will run a few things during Aria's hiatus:

* As you can see, I have directed IC toward the two people that shouted out.
This is NOT to exclude anyone - the moment I hear from you IC or OOC, I will get you an IC response.
And hopefully that will be a lot of you.
But this saves me from posting a lot of IC for folk that may be temporarily or permanently inactive.
So if you are in, just say so!

* I know some people have generated lots of die rolls. Thing is, that was a long time ago, and I don't even know which ones have already been used.
So if you think you need a roll, or I ask for one, just post it (feel free to take it from your pre-genned ones if you like).
I could really do with fresh initiatives for all, or a refresher from 8-bit if there is a currently active batch.

* Just to clarify on initiative. In PbP, I care very much about your initiative, but only vis a vis the bad guys.
So please post it, but do not worry about it in regard to each other.
I want people to be able to post as much as they like without having to wait on a slower poster with a higher initiative score.

* Csjarrat - I suck at Matrix rules even more than Aria does, but don't want to shortchange you. So if I miss something important ruleswise, or otherwise clearly do not understand something, just tell me!

* Finally, for the record, while I am pinch-hit GMing, anything Al does will be neutral on the current situation in game terms. Nothing he does will help or hinder you, and no need to try to help him with any predicament he finds himself in.
I just like posting him, so will keep doing so, but it is pure fluff.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #844 on: <12-24-14/1755:55> »
I'll admit that I'm tempted to try thinking of another character to bring in. Cutter just isn't working out like I thought he would even if he did pull off some crazy shyte.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #845 on: <12-24-14/1759:18> »
I'll admit that I'm tempted to try thinking of another character to bring in. Cutter just isn't working out like I thought he would even if he did pull off some crazy shyte.

Too bad, I thought he was kicking ass.

Saving the kids was down to him!

So, do you want me to post an IC directed at him (definitely better for the continuity!), or shall I await your new arrival?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #846 on: <12-24-14/1813:05> »
ok cool. i'm gonna be busy for a few days but will get something up before new year. have a great christmas everyone!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #847 on: <12-24-14/1821:36> »

Too bad, I thought he was kicking ass.

Saving the kids was down to him!

So, do you want me to post an IC directed at him (definitely better for the continuity!), or shall I await your new arrival?

Still haven't decided fully yet.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #848 on: <12-27-14/0130:18> »
Hey all.  Much as I wanted to make it work this time, PbP just isn't for me.  after the excitement of getting a character together, the game itself just moves too slowly for my taste.

That said, I have tried to help put together a bit of a project for Aria, by getting this up onto Obsidian Portal.

So when you get a chance, poke on over to https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com and check it out.  If you don't already have one, make an account at OP and then PM me the account name you made and I will happily get you added.

Once you are added, use the forums on the Portal to ask any questions about how to post stuff up or whatever.

I'll stay along and admin the Portal for a bit tip it looks like everyone has things in hand, then hand it over 100% to Aria.

Hope you guys enjoy, I always wish I could get into PbP and I keep trying every few years.

That's just like... your opinion, man.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #849 on: <12-27-14/1330:15> »
Alicia still hasn't gotten a reply from the Free spirit yet.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #850 on: <12-27-14/1604:40> »
Hey all.  Much as I wanted to make it work this time, PbP just isn't for me.  after the excitement of getting a character together, the game itself just moves too slowly for my taste.

That said, I have tried to help put together a bit of a project for Aria, by getting this up onto Obsidian Portal.

So when you get a chance, poke on over to https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com and check it out.  If you don't already have one, make an account at OP and then PM me the account name you made and I will happily get you added.

Once you are added, use the forums on the Portal to ask any questions about how to post stuff up or whatever.

I'll stay along and admin the Portal for a bit tip it looks like everyone has things in hand, then hand it over 100% to Aria.

Hope you guys enjoy, I always wish I could get into PbP and I keep trying every few years.

Said what needed saying on the other board.

But just to add, GIANT THANK YOU for letting us know you are leaving the game!!!
It's a common courtesy far too often ignored!

adamu

« Reply #851 on: <12-27-14/1605:55> »
Alicia still hasn't gotten a reply from the Free spirit yet.

Okay, you've checked in, you'll get a post - stay tuned!

Everyone - bit of a transition here - if there is something you are waiting for, quick reminders please!

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #852 on: <12-27-14/1916:05> »
I'll get an IC post in tomorrow.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #853 on: <12-30-14/1802:31> »
I'll get an IC post in tomorrow.

Great - I am on six days a week, pretty much without fail (except Sundays), so IC posts will get IC posts back within 24 (along with any answers to OOC queries, of course).

Heard confirmation that 8-bit is still in the game, so put up an IC for him as well.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #854 on: <12-30-14/1900:34> »
right, ready to get some dice rolled. I want to assess the damage and try and get the link to the zep back up and running.
Where you want me to start?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor