NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #825 on: <12-09-14/2217:53> »
Luz is going to take a look at the new threat lobbing grenades or whatnot, using Vision Enhancement, Thermo, etc.

2 hits [8d6t5=1, 6, 2, 2, 2, 6, 3, 4] http://orokos.com/roll/220387

Don't have time to post in IC.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #826 on: <12-10-14/1548:13> »
Luz is going to take a look at the new threat lobbing grenades or whatnot, using Vision Enhancement, Thermo, etc.

2 hits [8d6t5=1, 6, 2, 2, 2, 6, 3, 4] http://orokos.com/roll/220387

Don't have time to post in IC.
It came from beyond the treeline in a ballistic arc...SR4 style weapon spotter programs could probably plot an approximate location (about where Alicia's spell says your foes are)... there's no chance of a visual spot at the moment, no LOS until they are almost at the treeline!

I'll send the water spirit out to check on the inbound hostiles.
Noted!

Knowing he was probably being actively hunted for his assault on the Rigger, Morgan logged into the host with his newly rebooted deck and gave the command to launch IC.
If their decker wants to play, he can play on my soil with my friends
Feeling slow tonight...can you spell out what you are doing here?  I'm guessing you are triggering the host IC.  I really must re-read the matrix rules yet again but I had assumed you were on the grid (that's where the LAV etc was) and there's a barrier host to grid that only text messages etc can cross...so are you 'hiding' in the host and waiting for the enemy decker?

And are you now running silent? Thanks
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #827 on: <12-10-14/1603:19> »
A quick 'heads up' just as things are getting exciting :P

Christmas is likely to be difficult for many of us to post so no problems there.  In the not too distant future we are having another baby so I may disappear off the grid for a while until I get acclimatised to massive sleep deprivation again.  I will try and let you know what's going on when I can but no promises!

I will be back though, have no fear!  Games will continue, there may just be an unavoidable gap.  I might try and twist adamu's arm to keep things trotting along (as he has done so well on Tribes!)

Cheers, A

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #828 on: <12-10-14/1645:30> »
@GM, yep run hiding back to the host for its defences.
Yep, just using a command to the host to launch IC. I'm half expecting an attack/subversion on the network so will want to detect and defend against it now
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #829 on: <12-10-14/1712:39> »
A quick 'heads up' just as things are getting exciting :P

Christmas is likely to be difficult for many of us to post so no problems there.  In the not too distant future we are having another baby so I may disappear off the grid for a while until I get acclimatised to massive sleep deprivation again.  I will try and let you know what's going on when I can but no promises!

I will be back though, have no fear!  Games will continue, there may just be an unavoidable gap.  I might try and twist adamu's arm to keep things trotting along (as he has done so well on Tribes!)

Cheers, A

Sadly, all the PbP games stlow to a crawl in December (just when I finally get some time off work!). No worries on that front.

But congratulations!!! Family is the only thing better than SR, and by a wide margin.

Been there on the sleepless thing, so you can count on me for whatever you need. You're being generous about Tribes - it's barely on life support - but I will do what you ask for CT and/or TLG.

I can easily come up with some sort of support role or amusing thing for Al to be doing in the background that will allow me to keep ICing him without posing a conflict of interest if you need me to run the baddies or something for a bit.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #830 on: <12-10-14/1720:22> »
@ Aria You have fun with the great addition to your family.

Here is a stealth roll for Spector since his is trying to be a sneaky as possible.

Sneaking (Urban) 4(6) + AGI: 5 = 11

11d6.hits(5)=2
(Almost a glitch Ha Ha Invisible Castle hates me)
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #831 on: <12-15-14/0848:35> »
You're not forgotten, will hopefully get the IC moving again very soon...

Any bright ideas about maintaining this thread while I'm out of action would be appreciated!  Given the state of play it's a little more complicated than TLG over on DS... adamu has (more or less) volunteered to keep things moving for us...if everyone (including him) is happy I could turn over the confrontation with the runners to him, Al would still be reaping the rewards by adamu posting so that should keep him happy  ;D

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #832 on: <12-15-14/0906:55> »
With one tractor out.  Once the hostiles are dealt with, this is now a recovery operation. 

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #833 on: <12-15-14/1050:49> »
The convoy will have spares etc, but you're not changing tyres whilst taking grenade fire... Well I wouldn't, I guess Al might be crazy enough to try :P

adamu

« Reply #834 on: <12-15-14/1556:06> »
You're not forgotten, will hopefully get the IC moving again very soon...

Any bright ideas about maintaining this thread while I'm out of action would be appreciated!  Given the state of play it's a little more complicated than TLG over on DS... adamu has (more or less) volunteered to keep things moving for us...if everyone (including him) is happy I could turn over the confrontation with the runners to him, Al would still be reaping the rewards by adamu posting so that should keep him happy  ;D

Well, maybe we should start talking about a transition now, while you are still online a bit….

I'd feel better about taking one of the two games over (temporarily) than both. I am pretty overstretched SR-wise as it is!

And if I was taking one over, I'd rather it be this one, as it is already mid-action….just message me, though with how you'd like to do it, or if you have other ideas.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #835 on: <12-22-14/0803:28> »
Ok guys, I haven’t had as much time as I wanted to get things to a point pre-Christmas and whilst I may manage to get some IC up in the next couple of days I’m making no promises…so sorry…

In the meantime there are a couple of housekeeping items to try and keep the various games moving while I’m away from my computer:
  • For everyone who makes 2 IC posts between now and 5th Jan there are is a bonus 5 karma and 10,000¥ (in addition to the rewards earned from posting anyway).  Given that it might not be possible to do an IC for the current story there’s the General IC thread on DS which is always open, or a suitable flashback scene could be posted in the story ICs that has some vague connection…anything goes really!  Merry Christmas!
  • For anyone who ports their character sheet over to our nascent Obsidian Portal Campaign page there is a bonus 1 karma and 5,000¥.  I think this should be as simple as signing up to OP (free) and going to the campaign page <<here>> I don’t think you need a specific invite from myself or Jayde Moon (who set it up for us in the first place).  If someone could give it a go and see if that works then if it doesn’t I can see what I can do about invites then that would be great…copy and paste the character template text into a new character (the + at the top of that page).  Some of you will have the bare bones of a character already set up by Jayde!  Adjust the template as you like to best suit your character.
  • Anyone who makes a contribution to the OP in terms of filling in contact or location data in the wiki section will be up for additional rewards of karma and cash!
  • To keep you all busy there are potential rewards for helping out with my excel character generator.  There’s a download link on the resources part of the OP.  Shout if you fancy doing any of this and credit will go where credit’s due!  I’m working on version 5.07 now that Run Faster has been released but there are still blanks in the spells section and various details that need tidying on various tabs of the generator.

@CT: I’m hoping adamu will take on the running of the current encounter with the foe.  I will PM him separately.  It’s by no means the last encounter planned for this thread so I’m happy for him to keep it moving and possibly even resolve it.

@TLG: Rather than overburden adamu can I suggest that you do some IC planning and perhaps the confrontation between Al and Jan to keep the thread ticking over until I can pick up the reins again?  The OoC plan looks good so that would be a good use of IC time without needing too much intervention from me.  Feel free to make up details and I will work them into the future plotline!

@Tribes: Hopefully you can limp on without Silkie and Cam.  If there aren’t enough players I guess we can pick up a new recruitment drive when I get back into the swing of things…flashbacks or posting in the general IC are also possibilities!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #836 on: <12-22-14/0834:34> »
I think you do need to invite us. I tried adding a character but it said I'm not authorized. Handle there is ChingChingPow.

Here's some info: http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/728-obsidian-portal-how-to-join-a-campaign

Not finding the Character Generator, unless you mean the contact list.
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/0839:52> by Lusis »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #837 on: <12-22-14/1236:47> »
Ok, will look into this!

If you want to PM me an email address I can send you a copy of the character generator directly?

adamu

« Reply #838 on: <12-22-14/1644:46> »

@CT: I’m hoping adamu will take on the running of the current encounter with the foe.  I will PM him separately.  It’s by no means the last encounter planned for this thread so I’m happy for him to keep it moving and possibly even resolve it.

Like I said, I think I can take this one on.

Not really sure how many players are still with us, but will try to keep things hellish/interesting for all those that are!

Standing by for that PM telling me what is going on, etc.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #839 on: <12-22-14/2147:04> »
Ok, will look into this!

If you want to PM me an email address I can send you a copy of the character generator directly?
I have it now. :)