NEWS

What ever happened to the Seraphim?

• 4 Replies

Ishmell

• Newb
  • Don't be silly, everything has a melting point.
« on: <08-13-14/1021:28> »
Ever since Cross Applied Technologies bit the dust after Crash 2.0 the Seraphim (by that I mean the Cross Applied Technologies intelligence team and not actual angels) are nowhere to be seen. They were mentioned in passing in the  grunts section of the SR5 corebook, and iirc they were mentioned to have something to do with the C.A.T. falling apart so quickly, but that's all I could find post crash.

Did they disband?
Did they get bought out by Ares or some other mega?
Did they stay together and do freelance work?
Or MAYBE Lucien Cross faked his own death and is now leading the group from the deepest of shadows..... :o

In any case, does anybody know anything?
Majored in mechanics at law school.

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #1 on: <08-13-14/1033:32> »
Some were working for Nick Auerlis of Ares before he died while some are running around as a separate group in Quebec.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-13-14/1041:27> »
There's some info on this in the Montreal book, but essentially some went with Nick, some went freelance, and some dropped off the face of the earth and formed "The Fallen," which is a group of former Seraphim with a serious axe to grind with Ares and the powers-that-be in Montreal.  My current Missions character's backstory is based around this question, actually.  He's not ex-Seraphim, but was essentially a case agent for them.  I'm curious to see if they do anything with them in the current metaplot.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-13-14/1215:31> »
A (sorta) spinoff group, the Malakim, are mentioned in the Street Grimoire (page 63) as a corp sponsored magical society.

-Ariketh

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-13-14/1349:37> »
Part of the problem for those pursuing vengeance is that the Seraphim have been scattered the to winds remarkably quickly and broadly, and it's hard to do anything with so many targets and so few resources. They were the elite of CATCo's security personnel. If there are approximately 2,500 Navy SEALs active today, then I'd say that's a fair guess at the number of Seraphim at their peak.

Some (many, most? No one knows for sure) died back when Ares decided to take over CATCo. Others joined Ares. Some joined sides with the Aurelius clan. Some were recruited by other spy shops, including Jonathan Blake/Centurion Security. The Fallen went off to retaliate, either directly or via the 47 Ronin model. Some just wandered off into the aether. Given Cross's and the Seraphim's relationships with Dunkelzahn and the Draco Foundation, that may continue to be a factor even while some are actively going after the heads of Ares, which would include Nadja Daviar. Some went after Hestaby, believing that she was responsible for the windfall that allowed Arthur Vogel to purchase Leonard Aurelius's shares of Ares back in 2060. And finally, some went off to freelance or just retired rather than to take new masters or go off into bloody clandestine acts of revenge.
« Last Edit: <08-13-14/1351:09> by Crimsondude »