NEWS

[IC] Greenfield Blues G2

• 11 Replies

Number 2

• Chummer
« on: <08-07-14/2101:19> »
Welcome to Greenfield, New York chummers! While there aren't any fields, at least not any more, there are plenty of job opportunities. Greenfield is a bustling coastal city, with a population of about 90,000. It gets cold in the winter, as NY usually does. One of the more known things about Greenfield are the "House Boats". Ritzy people can pay a lot of money to live on a luxury cruise boat. The cruise boats are resupplied about every two weeks from small cargo boats.

You all know each other pretty well, being the go-to team for rich Johnsons. Right now you are at a nightclub celebrating the success of a recent run. (I'll leave the details to you ) It was your standard package delivery job. The nightclub is pretty nice, with a bar that serves real alcohol should you be able to pay for it. There's pretty ladies and the most recent top hits in music.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-14/2113:51> »
Fool King grinned to his companions. Even to this day, no one is really sure what his real face is, as every time they saw him it was different, though his mask and coat were unmistakable when he was wearing them. It was starting to get a little tattered and dingy though, it was coming time for him to change out for a new coat at the very least.

Right now, he looked like a normal wage slave, very plain fashion but, his habits unmistakable for those around him. He avoided lots of seafood and eating lower class food. Even alcohol he avoided, preferring instead to drink herbal tea instead.

"Here's to another successful run. And may many more follow."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Flicker

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-14/2146:04> »
Dax smiles at his chummers,

Like always he was wearing his normal ensemble, jeans, NY Giants Jersey, blue & white striped pumas, lined leather overcoat and a pack slung over his shoulder and the always present shades.

He was truly amazed at how well this team worked together, their friendship grew with each other as their success rate increased. He liked being able to surf the electron highway and never have to worry about his body because he knew everyone of these people would keep him safe. Just as he makes sure they are safe on his watch. He still looked like the young kid of the group but they all held and had earned respect for each other's skills.

grid_hopper

« Reply #3 on: <08-07-14/2208:14> »
Mihro is what he is called, people assume it's his actual. Maybe it is.......
A Dark skinned elf with a very even, too even some might say, Disposition? Temper?

Standing taking in the scene with his partners. An almost iridescent, thin trail of deepweed smoke writhes past his field of vision.
Comlink and deck are wireless 'off'' at the moment. He want's to enjoy his down time.
 He's trying to relax but,
 A slightest pause of possible recognition from one corner of the room, a too long of a glance from another direction brings him back to reality..."Really, really not a night for conflict..." He thinks to himself in reassurance.

{invisible castle for dice rolls}
« Last Edit: <08-07-14/2243:02> by fenris_shonen »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-14/0017:14> »
Running under the handle Kessler has been good to Chaim these past few months.  A number of successful jobs, a team he's not loathe to put his life in the hands of, and then there's the Fool King -- a fellow aficionado of extreme anonymity.  Of course, Kessler's own disguises were prosthetics and a little makeup.  Now the Fool King, he's got to be awakened, right?  I mean, if not.  Shit.  Kessler doesn't know what, if anything, the Fool King had done that made him change his appearance the way other people changed socks, and honestly he didn't care.  There was a part of him, though, that hoped it was bad because should any heat fall on the group, and should the fault of it fall squarely on Chaim's shoulders. . . Dax was too good a kid, and Mihro, well Mihro just didn't crack.  Hard to find guys like that.

"Here's to another successful run. And may many more follow."

"I'll drink to that," Kessler says and raises his domestic before draining it.  He doesn't like the cheap stuff, but he's also still in his pleeb uniform from the run and nursing what appears to be a rather unkempt beard.  He can't wait to shave that when he gets home.  Next go around, he sure hopes he has an opportunity to break out the suit for something other than the meet. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

grid_hopper

« Reply #5 on: <08-08-14/2112:23> »
   Although Mihro is surrounded by the almost deafening chaos in the club tonight he chooses barely notice. His Astral trance has taken over now. The meditative peace of the deepweed induced perception is his focus while the real world's emotional wake is visible, lagging....

He attempts to see the world through it's astral aura and imprints of auras left behind. Quietly. He takes a few breaths, then begins to 'sense' the conversations going on around him.......

"O dira eng?" forms in his mind from one direction....
"O be le leeto le le bolokegilego...." drifts like smoke as a group of clubbers starts to leave.....

« Last Edit: <08-12-14/0520:01> by fenris_shonen »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-11-14/1112:16> »
Clubs, crowds, groups.... He could do without any of them.  There's a reason everyone calls him Dr. Grumpy.  He sits with the crew, with a disgruntled grimace on his face as usual.  The Doc is very good at his job, which is a good thing, because he's an even harder man to like.  The dwarf looks average enough, he is wearing his usualy knit sweater and dark BDU style pants and boots.  He's sporting another black eye, probably from picking another fight he couldn't possibly win.  Then again, the other guy might look worse.

He's on his third whiskey by now, and looks like he's ready for another fight.
"I'll drink to that,"
In his thick Bavarian accent he says, "Fuck it, I'll drink to anything!" And slams his drink, already ordering another.
« Last Edit: <08-11-14/1349:10> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #7 on: <08-11-14/1359:48> »
It's a futile attempt to try to keep up with Dr. Grumpy, but Kessler is feeling rather celebratory, and rather than ask Mihro for a hit, he decides to stick with a more liquid social lubricant.  "Beer and a shot for me," to adds to Dr. Grumpy's order.  "So, what's next, chummers?" he asks the group.  "Personally, I could take some down time, enjoy our earnings, and kick back, but when biz is hot, it has a tendency to stay hot.  I'd like to ride the wave while we can.  Plus, I'd rather have Dr. Grumpy here with a solid target before he goes and gets us in the drek like last time.  Idle hands and all."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

grid_hopper

« Reply #8 on: <08-12-14/0503:13> »
Mihro shift's from one foot to the other. Slightly on a knifes edge.
This crowd's making him a bit edgey.....
Relieved that someone breaks the ice.....What's next? I'd love a bit of down time but I can't afford to loose this momentum. You know 'While the getting is good'  and all......
"We got out of this last run more or less without  trouble following us. Let's ride the wave..." He thinks to himself.
« Last Edit: <08-12-14/0552:23> by fenris_shonen »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-12-14/0510:07> »
"Well, we could always go for the Emperors eyes, or the Queen's Jewels, Perhaps the pearl of power?" The Jewel thief asks the others.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

grid_hopper

« Reply #10 on: <08-12-14/0538:29> »
 He glances over in acknowledgement.... "Always the artist I see. But let's stay away from the freelance work, for now. They tend to go bad, real bad...... I would imagine our current contacts would call on us again."
« Last Edit: <08-12-14/0554:10> by fenris_shonen »

Flicker

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-12-14/1217:13> »
Dax quietly listens to each of his team mates.

Well we setup a meet and she what is available. Maybe it will take a bit of time to find or set it up so we would have time off and a job at the same time? But I can't say if there will be jewels involved.