NEWS

[SR2] Wired Reflexes

• 5 Replies

Expalphalog

• Newb
« on: <07-11-14/0011:56> »
So I'm seeing 3 levels of Wired Reflexes listed as available tech in the equipment tables in some of my books (I have Cybertechnology, Fields of Fire, Shadowtech, and Street Samurai Catalog) with a rather hefty price, both in cash and essence.

What I do not see, however, is what on earth these things do. The closest I can find is page 38 in Cybertechnology but that's a vastly different pricing structure so I'm guessing it's not the same thing. Any help?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <07-11-14/0040:00> »
You should be looking at the main rulebook.  Wired Reflexes is a 'standard' piece of equipment, adding +2 to Reaction and +1 to initiative dice per level.  And if you're looking at Cybertechnology, I'm willing to bet what you're looking at is Move-By-Wire, a significantly different system that acts (in part) as Wired Reflexes, but has certain additional advantages.

I do want to point out, however, that you are mixing editions ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Expalphalog

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-14/0045:51> »
Am I? I'm looking at the inside cover of Cybertechnology right now and it says "Players will need the Shadowrun, Second Edition (SRII) and Shadowtech sourcebooks."

I take it either FoF or SSC is from a different edition then?

Thanks for the answer too. I can't believe I completely missed the fact that they were in the core book. When I was trying to find them I checked the core book's index and they weren't listed there so I moved on to the sourcebooks without ever thinking to check the darn table. *facepalm*
« Last Edit: <07-11-14/0049:13> by Expalphalog »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <07-11-14/0110:40> »
I may be mixing up my edition sourcebooks.  It happens when you've played as long as I have.  *waves his katana-cane*
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Expalphalog

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-11-14/0851:58> »
In your defense, it doesn't help matters that FASA didn't do much to distinguish sourcebooks by edition.

Emperors Grace

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-11-14/1755:00> »
I don't remember Cybertechnology but the others were 2nd Ed (or 1st and compatible with 2nd).  I know, I bought them while in college before 3rd came out.

Wiki shows shadowtech as 1st (I know I used it with 2nd), FoF and Cyber as 2nd, and SS is of course 1st or 2nd depending on whether you have the revised version.