NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #960 on: <10-20-16/2312:54> »
FYI All: I am an idiot and slightly broke the ability to unlock magic and resonance in karmagen.

It's fixed in the latest Nightly build at https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/Nightly-v5.187.1.
After some received feedback and the instability of the current update system, I'll be reviewing that before I do another release build.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #961 on: <10-21-16/0133:57> »
*mutters, has to go hunt down which of his own add-ons is making it crash*
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #962 on: <10-21-16/0141:00> »
The crash reporter should be working now, if you click the blue 'What is in this report' link and show me the contents of the exception.txt I can help you figure it out.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #963 on: <10-21-16/0157:30> »
Well, I'll fire up the Nightly above and use its information, see how far back I have to go on the character build to find a stable one.  If the latest character loads fine, then I'll alter the data files piece by piece, rebooting and rechecking each time to see if it all loads properly.

Honestly, I think it's probably the additional 'ware grade I added.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #964 on: <10-21-16/1036:53> »
Hrm, it should only be 4 karma; what circumstances are you trying to add it under?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #965 on: <10-21-16/1458:41> »
I suspect I'm just missing something which should be obvious enough, but I've drawn a complete blank so far.  Hate to ask for help when everything else has been so straightforward, but I'm just stuck.

Is it possible to add adept ways, and how do you do so?

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #966 on: <10-21-16/1827:55> »
I suspect I'm just missing something which should be obvious enough, but I've drawn a complete blank so far.  Hate to ask for help when everything else has been so straightforward, but I'm just stuck.

Is it possible to add adept ways, and how do you do so?

Adept Ways are kept under Positive Qualities IIRC.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #967 on: <10-24-16/1647:03> »

Adept Ways are kept under Positive Qualities IIRC.

Thank you!  (and to note, they are listed under the full name of "The Beast's Way" (etc.) So looking under either W for Way or B for Beast won't find them ..... (I hadn't read the Grimoire for a while, had forgotten the exact name, didn't think of looking in the T's)

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #968 on: <10-24-16/2301:49> »
MIght've been mentioned:  Chummer currently does metavriants OK, but it doesn't seem to implement the appropriate karma costs (or bonuses).  It seems like you'd have to construct some miscellaneous cost to account for them. 

Also, for every version, as long as I can remmber, "change priorities" causes things to break.  Basically if you do that, you have to remake the character.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #969 on: <10-24-16/2305:06> »
Just found the metavariant issue, that'll be fixed in the next nightly. I've never run into any problems with changing priorities, can you upload an affected file so I can test it?

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #970 on: <11-01-16/1228:13> »
Chummer is so good, I am making ascetic requests. :)
If you look at my sample (attached) picture of the Expenses section, you'll the the date forces even the smallest entry to be a two-line entry.  Well, pretty soon, this can make for a very long karma/newyen bookkeeping section.  As you see, it is the date (only) that is spilling over to the second line.  Is it possible to add an option to format/shorten the date, so it fits on one line?  Possible options:
1) Military time
2) Skip hours/minutes
3) Different font
4) insert better idea here

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #971 on: <11-03-16/0810:05> »
Chummer build 5.187 is now available. Quick release increment due to an issue with magic unlocking that crept into the previous release. Available from here.

Incidentally, we've recently started using Slack for team communication, because I'm attracted to buzzwords and Horizon P2.0 isn't out yet. Currently it's mostly tumbleweeds blowing through some empty channels, but if you'd like to participate in the conversation, you can get an automatic invite
here.

As always, the single best way to get an issue noticed and worked on is to report it on the issue tracker!

Aside from that, nothing terribly new and exciting going on at the moment. Personally, I'm tilting at the windmill of getting AIs to work in priority mode (Custom tables based on metatype selection make it awkward to implement without refactoring everything a lot) and refactoring some parts of the UI to support the creation of shapeshifters (Seriously, why do they have to buy up their stats separately?).

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #972 on: <11-03-16/1607:16> »
I'm downloading 5.187 manually, since updating completely broke my local Chummer 5 install. :\
(sent the error report; no idea if it went anywhere)
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #973 on: <11-05-16/0734:35> »
...was trying to initiate a Mystic Adept with The Magician's Way.  According to the Street Grimoire, a mystic adept with this quality can also take non adept metamagics when initiating, however when I try to apply one it will not let me. When I initially click on Metamagic in the pop up menu, it only also shows Adept Centering and Power Point.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #974 on: <11-05-16/0743:25> »
Take the Art first.