NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

The Butcher

• Newb
« Reply #945 on: <09-19-16/1732:28> »
Sorry if this is allready covered - my searches were fruitless.

In the to most recent builds, when loading any of my older saved files - I get and issue between skills and skill groups, where groups in which the character has any skill is concidered broken.

Is there any easy work around for this - would hate to redo them all.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/0437:52> by The Butcher »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #946 on: <09-19-16/2009:27> »
Ragnarok: So you're at https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.184.0, you click the Chummer5.184.0.zip link, and it has no executables? Or were you downloading the source code zip?

Butcher: That's generally intended behavior, as RAW prohibits you from merging broken skill groups again. There's a optional rule in Tools > Options > Optional Rules to merge skill groups if they have the same rating. If there's something else going on I'd need to see the character file.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #947 on: <09-19-16/2226:27> »
Ragnarok: So you're at https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.184.0, you click the Chummer5.184.0.zip link, and it has no executables? Or were you downloading the source code zip?

Now that you pointed it out, I had downloaded the "Master Index" zip, Oops... My bad.   ;D
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

The Butcher

• Newb
« Reply #948 on: <09-20-16/0637:21> »
Thank you.

I went back an checked a lot of files. It seems you are right. The only issue left is with characters that havenot been marked as created. When I open them, the skill groups skills have been removed and transfered to the individual skills. But of course, since they aren't created, it is easily correctet.

Quess that's the solution, right?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #949 on: <09-21-16/0042:54> »
Pretty much; when we changed to the new skill architecture, it was deemed too much of a hassle to figure out where everything had come from originally; this was the least painful way for us to work around it.

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #950 on: <09-21-16/1139:21> »
Vehicle Modifications:

Likely Bug: “(R5 p. 154)Handling enhancement can be taken with a Rating of 1 to 3, with the Rating added to the Handling (both on-road and off-road) of the vehicle.”  The current chummer is only adding handling to the “on-road” value, and nothing to the off-road value

On the subject of cars, is chummer keeping track of the 6 different slots (“(R5 p.151) Each vehicle modification has a number of Modification Slots equal to its Body in each Modification Category. There are six Modification Categories: Power Train, Protection, Weapons, Body, Electromagnetic, and Cosmetic.”) I wanted to check, but when I clicked on the “handling improvement” for example, it did not tell me how many slots it was or which catagory.  Further checking (adding/deleting items) makes me think chummer is doing all the right things.  So my request is that individual modifications display the “category” and the number of slots they use.  This way I can see my expensive items and remove them (instead of the trial and error method).

Thanks so much. 

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #951 on: <10-09-16/2013:15> »
So ive been playing around with Lasers, and added one to one of my drones.

i bought the Satchel power supply for it, and tried to "reload" it. chummer then said i didnt have any ammo remaining..

Odd... so did some looking, and i found "Peak Discharge Power Units" under ammo.

K so i added enough to cover my satchel power packs, and tried to reload.

Chummer crashes.

odd... k send in the debug log... the debug logger/uploader crashes...meh.. k just try everything again.

Open character sheet, go to laser weapon, of course i didnt save, so this time i add the power units, save and try to reload.

Chummer crashes.

debug logger crashes as well during upload

.... ok now what...

one last time! i go back to the laser, click reload (as the "ammo units" were still listed in my inventory from the save) and click "reload"

Chummer tells me i dont have any ammo remaining for this weapon. But its right there! i can see it!

anyways, i add more ammo on top of the existing ammo, click reload, and again chummer crashes.

and again crashes during the debug logger (im pretty sure this has nothing to do with the laser ammo problem)

Not that its a big deal, i dont really use Chummer to track my ammo useage anyways, but all my other weapons are reloading properly. so i figured i would let you know whats going on here.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #952 on: <10-09-16/2017:28> »
Still can't add metamagics to initiate grades without it crashing. The debug logger doesn't even start up at all for me.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #953 on: <10-10-16/0217:09> »
TimTurry: Should be fixed in the latest nightly. Sorry about that, holdover from before I split up the handling values.
Raven2049: So the problem with lasers is that they're using the Laser Weapons category instead of the Exotic Ranged Weapons category, but Peak Discharge looks for Exotic. Actually looks like they were being handled wrong anyway since they weren't forced to use Exotic Ranged Weapons, but that's sorted now.  Again, should be sorted in the latest nightly.
EiraHaexa: Without a way to see why it's going wrong, I can't help you too much. Are you using a recent nightly? There was a brief problem where I broke options saving between one nightly and another, that might be preventing your options from saving and not launching the logger.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #954 on: <10-10-16/0858:28> »
Chummer 5.185 release build is now available the Releases page or via the updater. Converting the changelog to bbcode is tedious so I won't bother posting it here.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #955 on: <10-12-16/2101:09> »
Sweet! thx for the fixes, the Character Roster feature is nice, easy way to swap between guys for GM's as well

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #956 on: <10-12-16/2154:48> »
Would be nice to have characters on the roster be identified with their file name as well, though.  And to be able to remove characters from the roster, too.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #957 on: <10-12-16/2202:46> »
Both of those are actually on my next milestone for it, along with a couple other minor tweaks like grouping items by subfolder for the watch folder. As is, the roster is based on your MRU list and what's in the assigned watch folder. If you right-click to pin all the items you want to keep and then clear out the rest, you'll remove the unpinned items from it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #958 on: <10-20-16/0908:08> »
Chummer 5.186 is now available as a release build.

Build 186:

Application Changes:

Fixed missing values for Metahuman adjustment on several vehicles.
Properly applied localisation to the character roster form.
Fixed the karma costs for new knowledge skills in career mode to not improperly charge twice.
Added a missing Seats label for vehicles.
Set the Astral Initiative label to be invisible if the character is not Awakened.
Altered the SelectWeapon improvement to allow excluding a specific weapon type. Prevents spare clips from trying to select melee weapons.
Fixed the Expense Log entry for Knowledge Skill increases to properly indicate it's a Knowledge Skill entry. Removed an accidental double-charge for creating skills.
Slightly refactored weapon selection to use GUIDs instead of names.
Altered the underbarrel weapon node to allow multiple child items.
Added the ability to hide weapons from being visible in the selection window.
Added a File Path label to the Character Roster.
Added the ability to delete items from the Character Roster by pressing the Delete button. This will ONLY remove the file from the relevant MRU lists, no .chum5 files will be deleted.
Suppressed the ability to attempt to add a Nexus to vehicle or gear items.
Added the ability to filter qualities by their karma values, applying a minimum, maximum and value boundary to the quality list.
Made some alterations to the display of characters in the Roster. Added the Game Notes field, removed the ability to edit the text (It wasn't saving anyway.)
Fixed the calculation method of Custom Fit (Stack) mods to work more reliably.
Fixed the implementation of Awakened Infected (Mutaqua, Wendigo, etc.) to not add the relevant qualities.
Added logic to prevent weapon accessories from applying their bonuses while uninstalled.
Added naming logic to the Create Mode form, similar to the behaviour for Career Mode. In order of precedence, characters will use their Alias, Real Name or the localised string for Unnamed Character.
Fixed the 'Increase Qty' button in career mode to properly select the currently selected item.
Altered the crash handler logic to jump directly into the crash handler form. Important note: We still only receive the report if you click Send Error Report.
Nightly builds are now configured as Release, fixing an issue with launching the Crash Handler.
Added a warning that porevents creating invalid Custom Item names.
Added missing 'dirty' flags for changing options in the Options menu. Ensures that changing any option in the Options menu properly flags it as dirty and requests a restart.
Added Restart Chummer menu option to Tools menu.
Did some general UI cleanup for the Options menu, ensuring that the full text of a book is always visible.
Fixed an error caused by users not entering Drain attributes for their Custom Tradition.
Added logic to check whether a character was saved in a later version of Chummer than the current one.

Data Changes:

Fixed an incorrect spelling for the Personafix gear item.
Added Dissonant Echoes from Data Trails, courtesy of gamingharry. As it's not normally possible to become a dissonant technomancer, these echoes have been attached to the Data Trails (Dissonant Echoes) book, and will need to be enabled in the Options menu.
Added content from Lockdown, Shadows in Focus: San Francisco, and the Hong Kong Sourcebook.
Added a range category for Shotgun (flechette).
Added the Shotgun (Flechette) weapon range.
Added missing weapons from the Schattenhandbuch, courtesy of gamingharry.
Fixed the display of magic traditions in the core character sheets.
Moved the selecttext method back out of AddImprovementCollection.
Altered the Magician, Adept, Mystic Adept, and Technomancer to not need special treatment when adding their special tabs.
Added code to prevent Bone Density and Bone Lacing from being taken together.
Added code to prevent Orthoskin and Dermal Plating from being taken together.

New Strings:

Label_VehicleSeats
Label_Biography
Label_File_Path
Label_Roster_File_Name
Tab_Roster_Description
Tab_Roster_Concept
Tab_Roster_Background
Tab_Roster_CharacterNotes
Tab_Roster_GameNotes
Message_Options_Restart
Message_OutdatedChummerSave

Changed Strings:

Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseKnowledgeSkill
Message_Options_CloseForms

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #959 on: <10-20-16/1020:21> »
Wow! o.O

Amazed and thankful for all the work you've put in.