NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #930 on: <06-13-16/1303:07> »
Wow! As always, thanks for the the work and effort put into this!

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #931 on: <07-09-16/2343:13> »
I'm so glad I found this utility. It's going to make creating complex Riggers and NPCs actually manageable.
Excellent work.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #932 on: <07-10-16/1801:59> »
Bug:

Ork (and Troll) Metatype Reduction Cyberware is granting the Human Looking Positive Quality.  As it should.  It is charging 6 Karma for the Quality, which it shouldn't. 

The Bioware version is referencing the wrong page, it should be CF 108.

aono

• Newb
« Reply #933 on: <08-11-16/1448:52> »
Good day!
First of all, thanks a lot for great product.
Second, is it possible to turn on 4th edition matrix atributes for commlinks and other net stuff? I mean, is it possible by editing data files, or showing 5th edition attributes is hard-coded?

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #934 on: <09-10-16/2330:21> »
Great program.  You rock!

I am having one of those edge-case crashes.  I am sure it will be low on the priority, but I will report it anyway.
I am using Nightly-v5.183.40 to make sure I have the latest code, but this crash happens on multiple older versions as well.  Mostly on non-human races that take the vampire quality.  To make reproducing it easier, I am giving you a gnome mage with no qualities (You will have to rename it from .pdf to .chum5).  As soon as you pick the "infected non-human vampire" quality, and pick some default bonuses (immunity, bod,bod,wil,wil really they don't matter) chummer crashes immediately.

Thanks again for this great (free) program.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #935 on: <09-11-16/0328:08> »
Aono: It's pretty much all been removed. There's some left over stuff, but it's not functional in any way.
TimTurry: Nope, I'm just an idiot that doesn't debug things properly. Should be fixed in the next nightly build.

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #936 on: <09-12-16/1153:10> »
TimTurry: [vampires  - ed]  Should be fixed in the next nightly build.

Thanks.  Fixed: choosing infected no longer crashes.  I was goofing around, and made a troll.  When I added Infected:vampire non-human, his max strength dropped from 10 to 7.  My gut says these are human numbers, or the values got crossed somehow.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #937 on: <09-12-16/2034:35> »
*Shrug* RAW says that you change the stats to what's on the table on 135, and that it costs 10 karma more if you're not a human. Blame/ask Patrick Goodman.

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #938 on: <09-12-16/2258:29> »
*Shrug* RAW says that you change the stats to what's on the table on 135, and that it costs 10 karma more if you're not a human. Blame/ask Patrick Goodman.

Wow, you are right.  I should have checked first!  Spend 37 karma to get way weaker.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #939 on: <09-13-16/1507:27> »
I Do not know if i did some thing wrong But when I Tried to add an Improvement for Exotic Ranged weapon Laser The Skill still shows 0

i have purchased active hardwires for the skill and the skill rating never showed up in my skills, so i tried to manually add it.

any thoughts?

aono

• Newb
« Reply #940 on: <09-15-16/0502:46> »
It's pretty much all been removed. There's some left over stuff, but it's not functional in any way.
It's not a problem to add such stuff from my side, my problem is how to make program to show 4ed stats, not 5ed stats.
:)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #941 on: <09-15-16/0732:44> »
It's not a problem to add such stuff from my side, my problem is how to make program to show 4ed stats, not 5ed stats.
:)

Have you looked at the "original" Chummer, which was built for 4th edition? Development has been frozen for a long time now, but it might serve your needs pretty well.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #942 on: <09-15-16/0817:15> »
When I say there's some stuff left in there, I mean like... technically you can create Nexuses and stuff. The UI segments are all missing, but you could manually flag a commlink as being a nexus. Without forking the code and implementing it yourself, there is no way to use stats like response and whatever.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #943 on: <09-18-16/2104:52> »
Per usual, updates can be downloaded either from the GitHub Releases page or via the auto-updater. Changelog is below.

[spoiler]
Application Changes:
  • New ImprovementType: ReplaceAttribute. This allows you to replace the metatypeminimum or metatypemaximum with another value. Intended to be used for infected.
  • Fixed an issue where Chummer warned about free Knowledge Skills still being available instead of Active Skills.
  • Fixed incorrect rounding for Weapon Ranges.
  • Fixed incorrect rounding for Armor capacity.
  • Fixed incorrect rounding for Armor Mod capacity.
  • Fixed incorrect rounding for Gear capacity.
  • Properly allowed the 'free item' checkbox to be visible even in character creation. Fixes #1059.
  • Added an option to toggle all sourcebooks on and off in the Options menu. Fixes #971.
  • Attempting to add gear with the 'Stack' checkbox selected in career mode will only cause items to stack if they have the same child items by default. This prevents loaded spare clips from duplicating, for example. Fixes #1015.
  • Fixed an incorrect label for skill improvements in the Karma/Nuyen Expense History. Fixes #1046.
  • Fixed an issue that caused knowledge skills to revert their type to Interest. Fixes #1056.
  • Added an option to treat arms and legs as the only limbs to average cyberlimb stats off, instead of the skull and torso that are suggested by RAW. As part of this, the options have been broken out into a new XML file, options.xml. Minor design note, I intend to eventually have every calculation variable kept outside of the application logic itself; this will allow GMs to configure their characters as they wish.
  • Fixed an issue with Adept Powers with multiple levels granted by a Mentor Spirit not apply properly. If your character is affected by this, you should be able to use the Reapply Improvements option in the Special menu to recalculate it properly. Fixes #1057.
  • Added an option to give cyberware a markup cost in career mode. Fixes #1072.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented knowledge skill ratings from updating correctly when adding bonuses from sources like cyberware. Fixes #1073.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the Metagenetic Improvement quality could cause crashes when reapplying Improvements. Fixes #1038.
  • Added a menu option in the Special menu to confirm that a character is ready to move into Career mode. Fixes #1053.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented more than one Spare Clip from adding additional Ammo slots.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented dicepool/rating modifiers from being visible to character sheets.
  • Added a Display Category for skill categories. In practice, this means that printouts will use the localised name for skill categories instead of the default English. If you need to use the English string in a character sheet for some reason, use the value skillcategory_english instead.
  • Fixed an issue with adept powers that have specified maximum ranks causing a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where changing your priority selection would remove MAG/RES-linked skills.
  • Fixed a issue where Chummer would crash if, while searching for a spell, no matches was found.
  • Added a character roster to manage characters. There is an option to specify a folder to monitor in the Options menu, under Character and Printing.
  • Fixed a crash issue for characters that have cyberlimbs.
  • Fixed some crash issues with custom PACKs kits with lifestyles.
  • Fixed some issues with adding multiple non-Ammunition items to other items, ie adding trauma patches to a medkit. May have some issues, but should be functional. Fixes #814.
  • Fixed a crash issue caused by adding too many Enemies in creation mode.
  • Added some code to suppress errors caused by faulty XSL transforms in character sheets.
  • Implemented the Blackmail and Family options for contacts.
  • Removed some code from the SelectAttributes improvement that caused it to pass the selected value up to the bonus source. Generally speaking, prevents Infected qualities from getting (BOD) or whatever added to their treenode.
  • Added a new Improvement Type: MovementMultiplier. This is used to increase or decrease the multiplier for Running and Sprinting from x2/x4.
  • Fixed a UI issue that prevented attribute bonuses from showing properly if the value made it into double digits.
  • Changed the code to calculate character movement rates. To do this, I've added three attributes to the metatype: Walk, Run and Sprint. Each of these is split into three number (Walk, Swim and Fly in order).
  • Temporarily removed the CalculatedMovementSpeed tooltip from caeer and creation mode until it gets refacted.
  • Added a workaround to prevent crashes when loading characters with empty knowledge skills. Fixes #1099.
  • Refactored how the PDF options work; instead of being hard-coded with a bunch of check-boxes, it's now possible to generate your own parameters. Standard parameters have already been included in options.xml, but the default options are not necessarily a match for your previous settings.
  • The "ignoreprecedence" improvement attribute has been renamed to "precedence-1".
  • The initiativepass and initiativepassadd improvements now utilise precedence values to manage their stacking; this allows adding Improvements that will always apply, such as the Infected Initiative die bonuses.
  • Fixed an issue with Cyberlimbs that caused a crash when printing.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Knowledge/Contact multiplier house rules from enabling correctly.
  • Changed the string Tip_SkillsKnowledgeSkills to display the correct multiplier entry.
  • SHOULD have fixed an issue where Active Skill controls would overlap the Skill Group controls while in higher-DPI settings, blocking the karma numericupdown in creation mode.
  • Added proper translation for the quality nodes in the Select Advanced Lifestyles form.
  • Fixed an issue with the Matrix condition monitor.
Data Changes:

• Fixed the Infected qualities to work according to the rules. Characters with previous versions of the quality should reapply their improvements, characters that used the terrible metavariant idea will not load properly and should be rebuilt from scratch. If you've been affected by this, please get in contact with me and I'll fix your character for you. Mostly fixes #689.
  • Removed the Infected metavariants.
  • Added a missing bonus node to the YNT Softweave armour mod.
  • New XML file, options.xml. Used to store values for configurable default settings.
  • Fixed missing statistic weaknesses for various Infected qualities. Fixes #689.
  • Fixed an issue with the Deformity(Quasimodo) quality that caused it to affect Perception incorrectly. Fixes #1087.
  • Added Naga Venom, and corrected page references for Hard Targets Toxins.
  • Corrected the fire mode for the Ares Vigorous Assault Cannon.
  • Fixed an issue with the Reaction Optimization bioware not applying its initiative bonus.
  • Added a requirement for the Reaction Enhancers cyberware in order to take Reaction Optimization.
  • Fixed an issue with the Infected: Vampire quality that caused a crash.
  • Removed old Metavariant entries for Infected metavariants from the Priority sheet.
  • Added the appropriate Initiative and Movement Multiplier bonuses for the Bandersnatch, Dzoo-Noo-Qua, Goblin, Harvester, Loup-Garou, Mutaqua, Nosferatu, Vampire and Wendigo.
New Strings:
  • Button_ToggleSourcebooks
  • String_LimbCount4
  • Menu_ValidCharacter
  • Message_ValidCharacter
  • MessageTitle_ValidCharacter
  • String_CharacterRoster
  • Label_Options_CharacterRoster
  • Node_SelectAdvancedLifestyle_FreeMatrixGrids
  • Node_SelectAdvancedLifestyle_Entertainments
Changed strings:
  • Tip_IncreaseGearQty
  • Tip_SkillsKnowledgeSkills
New Sheet:
  • Added a new character sheet, only showing Skills with Rating greater than 0.

[/spoiler]

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #944 on: <09-19-16/1337:16> »
Speaking as a n00b:

Where do I download Chummer5 with a workable .exe application?

I ask this because, I've gone thru the zip file of the most recent update, and there isn't one.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner