NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #900 on: <04-05-16/1812:04> »
Can someone explain to me what happened here, and how to get around it?  (Restricted Gear Quality is present, without it chummer detects 4 instead of 3...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvlsqqln6h9s02z/Screenshot%202016-04-06%2000.03.21.png?dl=0

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #901 on: <04-05-16/1849:56> »
Oh nuts, it's still doing that? It's triggering off each of the child items; easiest workaround for now would be just take the torso and add the other gear for free once you hit career mode.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #902 on: <04-05-16/2253:39> »
First off, thanks for getting this up and running! I love being able to easily create my characters without reams of paper!

I do have a question too, is there a way, our is there a plan to implement creation of custom mentor spirits/ totems?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #903 on: <04-06-16/0401:57> »
You'd be best off looking at the custom files for that, the plans I have for the custom item UI is a looooong way off.
http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/mentors-xml.ashx
http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Custom%20Data%20Files.ashx

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #904 on: <04-06-16/0617:54> »
Perfect, exactly what I am looking for! Thanks again, and I also look forward to seeing the custom item UI

chryx

• Newb
« Reply #905 on: <04-09-16/2043:07> »
Apologize if I'm missing something really obvious, but is there any way to go back and change your race and fiddle with priorities after you have moved on from that selection screen?

odd

• Omae
« Reply #906 on: <04-09-16/2247:41> »
Apologize if I'm missing something really obvious, but is there any way to go back and change your race and fiddle with priorities after you have moved on from that selection screen?
You are looking for :
Special -> Change Priority Selection

I believe.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #907 on: <04-10-16/0052:15> »
...is there a way to edit parts of a character file after committing to career mode?  I ask this because an issue arose within our Missions group concerning the prejudice quality and I am considering changing the "subject" of the character's intolerance to something more fictional just to avoid any unpleasant feedback.  The current  target could be construed by some as not very "PC" as it is targeted at a real nation that also exists in the world today.

While I have the backup of the prebuild saved, I really don't wish to have to go through adding back in all the Karma and cash awards and redo all the purchases the character has made since as she's been through a fair number of missions.  Simply removing the quality to take it again with the new target not only subtracts double the Karma originally awarded and does not grant Karma for taking it again.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #908 on: <04-10-16/0240:25> »
Opening the file in notepad and making the change would be the simplest.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #909 on: <04-11-16/0203:42> »
...the ".chum" file however shows as an icon with an "non-associated" programme. Wouldn't opening it in notepad change the extension to one the chummer programme will no longer be able to read?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #910 on: <04-11-16/0211:03> »
Just don't tick the option to make it always do that, or open notepad, then open the file through the open menu by changing the filter to All Items. otherwise you could remove the quality, undo the karma expense of removing the quality (This won't restore the quality itself, just the karma cost) then add the new version and give yourself free karma to compensate.

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #911 on: <04-13-16/2025:31> »
Hey.
Appreciate all the hard work on Chummer :)
However, I'm having a majorly weird issue with it refusing to start on a win7 laptop. I run the executable and it pops up in my task manager, but then just closes right back down and never even shows me the chummer program window or even an error message. Application log error flags this as an exception code: 0x80131506. This seems to be some .net error, but I can't find a way around it.
Any idea what could be happening?

R.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #912 on: <04-13-16/2030:25> »
.Net version's probably out of date. Please try updating to .Net 4.5.1 or later.

chryx

• Newb
« Reply #913 on: <04-15-16/0529:21> »
Any chance the text mode can be changed to show the quality of cyber ware, the essence cost, and the nuyen cost of things? Would make it easier to post characters here. Also, the Faceless quality seems to b missing.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #914 on: <04-21-16/0353:40> »
...still getting that file corruption issue with new saved characters (not yet converted to career mode) where skills get changed from Skill point to Karma purchase even though the character is built on the priority format.  This seems to happen randomly as it only affects some not all skills as seen in the attached image (the outlined areas).

As can be seen the point value filed is greyed out (inactive) and only the Karma field works.  I have absolutely no idea why this occurs.  I checked all the setting in the Tools tab and nothing there is out of the ordinary.

------

Not able to attach image of screen shot. as whne I do, eems to want to force a download when clicked rather than just open it up to view.  As the image is on my desktop there is no URL to use with the insert image button.
« Last Edit: <04-22-16/0003:03> by kyoto kid »