NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #735 on: <08-25-15/1909:13> »
Had the implanted commlink gear location issue you mentioned happen to me once.  IIRC I either removed and re-applied the cyberware implant or went through the "Re-Apply Improvements" menu option and it appeared again with the detailed commlink again.  Yes, this was with Chummer and not Chummer5, but I expect it should work the same way anyway.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #736 on: <08-25-15/1937:24> »
You rock Chummer 5 is Alive
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #737 on: <08-25-15/2154:11> »
I suppose this was thought of as soon as the modular upgrade was added to chummer, though...
Hahahahaha. You'd be surprised how much that isn't true. I generally just import the data as a first-pass lookover, then pay attention to what's actually broken as people mention it. Modular Cyberlimbs don't actually seem to have been built properly, they don't have the Subsystem key necessary for the modular shenanigans. I'll take a look at it tonight.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #738 on: <08-26-15/0728:37> »
College Education/School of Hard Knocks/Linguist and Jack of All Trades work properly for knowledge skills during character creation. Again.

just pointing this out, but JoaT does not do anything during character creation. also it does nothing for knowledge skills.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #739 on: <08-26-15/0846:34> »
Bug notice (I guess).  I just updated Adobe reader to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.2015.008.20082.  After I did that, clicking the links in Chummer for page numbers causes an unhandled exception.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #740 on: <08-26-15/2113:02> »
Something I came across while messing around with an adept concept, Keratin Control and Living Focus are listed twice in the *.XML file and the first entries are also referencing the wrong book and page number.  Also, the Enthralling Performance power states that it is used in conjunction to an artistic skill and ought to be expanded to either allow a skill to be selected or pre-assigned when the power is chosen.

Also, skills are still capped at 6 when creating a character while "Ignore Character Creation Rules" is chosen (at least in the karma build method).  Otherwise you have my continued thanks for your countless hours put into keeping this program alive.

Added:  Also noticed that some adept powers don't have a listed discount for a way even though they are eligible for a discount (like Power Swimming); The Magician's Way allows all powers, except for Improved Reflexes, to receive the allowed discount.

Added:  Found an error in choosing the Norse tradition for a spellcaster.  Tracked this to the "Spirit of Guardian" that is causing this; changing it to the otherwise used "Guardian Spirit" fixes this.
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/2218:28> by SpellBinder »

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #741 on: <08-26-15/2220:36> »
anybody knows how to troubleshoot this error?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #742 on: <08-26-15/2245:41> »
Depends, what was the last thing you did right before the message appeared?

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #743 on: <08-26-15/2309:11> »
clicked next after setting things on the Priority window

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #744 on: <08-26-15/2317:35> »
That's... new. I've never seen that one before. Um. Can you try and reproduce it, then take a screenshot of what your priority window looks like before it crashes?

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #745 on: <08-27-15/0007:51> »

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #746 on: <08-27-15/0041:07> »
I wonder if it's something to do with the Qualities.  I duplicated your steps but got no error, but noticed I have "Magician" listed under Positive Qualities and your last screenshot with the error doesn't.  There might also be a clue in the "Details" dropdown in your error.

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #747 on: <08-27-15/0108:05> »
i got win7 x64-bit, and .Net framework 4.5. Do those thins have any bearings?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #748 on: <08-27-15/0126:35> »
anybody knows how to troubleshoot this error?

I've seen this.  When you redo priorities and your character has a magic attribute somehow it gets bumped to 11 which is outside the allowed value.  I've also had it happened when saving a character.  On reopening the file I got the same error.  In the former case I had to start over since I didn't have a saved copy but in the latter case I was able to manuallly edit the chum5 file and fix the attribute value which let me open the file normally.

I suspect the case is that in some circumstances where the value for the magic attribute should be replaced it is getting appended instead.  Or something along those lines anyway.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #749 on: <08-27-15/0144:56> »
Nah, that's a different error. Startindex is referring to a string value. I'm going to guess it's something to do with the magic priority.