NEWS

IC Northern Soul

• 59 Replies

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <06-27-14/0930:21> »
He chuckled. "'It's a milk run' is one of those phrases like 'I'll get you the money next week' and 'Of course I don't fancy your sister.' Tell us what we're expected to do and then we'll tell you if we're interested."

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <06-27-14/1211:05> »
A wry smile cracks his face, wrinkles suddenly sprouting on his brow and around his cheeks making him appear a bit older than you thought.
Very well, Its a bit of breaking and entering followed by a touch of data insertion. One into an office, one into a private residence.
Nothing you shouldn't be able to handle in terms of security, but the priority on this job is to keep it quiet.
You'll understand I can't delve into the specifics before we come to an agreement

He lays his palms face up on the table, waiting for your response
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <06-29-14/1739:53> »
<Group Message>\\Sounds reasonable to me, assuming he's not having us on.//

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <06-30-14/0717:43> »
He puts on a carefully studied face - was he about to refuse, turn Mr. Johnson down? But he was letting himself be won-over by the Johnson's spiel, it would seem. He nodded slowly.

"All right. It seems like everyone's on board. But we have some concerns over payment terms. Expenses, medical costs, hazard pay, the usual stuff. I'm sure you understand." He spread his hands in a gesture of magnanimity.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #34 on: <06-30-14/0902:14> »
His smile lessens slightly at your push-back, but he nods slowly
Alright, As you did good on the last run out, i'll put in an extra 250 a head.
He passes over a credstik; sliding it across the table to Flash.
And I'll chuck in a little something for your expenses too.
Right, now that's settled; As I said, the job is to insert two datachips into two seperate holo-terminals.
One is at this bloke's address {he slides you a thick sealed brown jiffy bag with a name + address written on it in actual ink}. This one should be the easiest, from what I hear he lives in a nice gaff, only domestic security to deal with. Shouldn't be an issue. Next one is for here {slides over a second, identical bag with a different address on it} This one goes in his holo-terminal at his work address.
Whatever you do, do not attempt to open these bags until you're ready to put them in the system. The client will know and you won't get paid, so don't fuck me around on this one. And no, I don't know who the guy is or who he works for, the client wants to see you using your initiative on this one. Do good and you'll get more work.
We clear?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <06-30-14/0943:54> »
Roundabout glances over the envelopes and quickly checks the addresses. Due diligence and all that.

"Crystal" he replies with a smile, sliding the envelopes into an inner pocket.

<<Group Message>> \\So, what do you folks reckon the odds are that whatever's inside these envelopes is considerably more dangerous than we've been told? Gryphon, you want to give a good look on the astral once we're done here?//

Quote from: OOC
Matrix search to verify the addresses
11d6.hits(5)=4

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #36 on: <07-01-14/0756:11> »
The address come back as valid;
One is a private residence in Edinburgh's suburbs, the other is a mixed-use residential/commercial building in Edinburgh city centre.
The name matches too; a Mr J Edwards is the listed tenant at the private residence
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

freerunner

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <07-02-14/1359:16> »
<<group message>>\\this should be easy enough for our considerable talents (astral isn't one of mine by the way, I've always been partial to a bit of b and e though). I can try to summon a spirit to scan the places when we conclude our business here. maybe we can find out a bit more about Mr j Edwards too and find out what this is really about and what we can expect.//

how long do we have to get the job done?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #38 on: <07-02-14/1506:04> »
soft cap is Tuesday morning g like I said, hard cap is midnight Wednesday. Contact me as soon as it's done and we'll sort a dead drop out for payment.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <07-02-14/1513:39> »
<Group Message> \\Sorry, I keep forgetting how shite a mage you are. :p

More seriously, I was thinking you could get a spirit to look it over for us. I mean, they can probably tell us if there's any mojo on it or anything, right?//

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #40 on: <07-04-14/0258:25> »
The johnson finishes his pint and looks at you in turn.
Like I said yeah, don't screw it up. Contact me as soon as its done and Don't open those bloody packets until you're about to put em in the machine.
He stands, grabs his wheely suitcase and heads out of the door.
His exit gets very little attention from the patrons. The Leeds game is just about wrapping up, Leeds have a narrow win in sight with three minutes left on the clock.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <07-05-14/1740:54> »
Roundabout compiles a sprite out of the resonance to shadow the Johnson. He doesn't think the Johnson is going to screw them... but you never know.

<To Sprite>\\Do me a favour mate, keep an eye on that PAN that just left for me. Quietly.//

"So lads, what's step one?" Roundabout asks, looking at his fellows.

"I'm thinking we see if Gryphon can ask a spirit to double check the packages - without opening them - for us and then start doing some thorough digging on who actually lives in these places. Maybe make plans to swing by and give them a casual look over".

Compiling a Courier Sprite at rating 4.

Compiling 11d6.hits(5)=2
Sprite 4d6.hits(5)=0 <- Not sure if you want to roll for my sprites or if I should.
Drain Resistance 11d6.hits(5)=4

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #42 on: <07-07-14/0040:50> »
___Taejix___
The sprite compiles beautifully, its ethereal form knitting together under your direction into a shimmering haze of colour given form.
comprehension test due to vague command: 8d6.hits(5)=4
//As you wish, commencing tracking now//

Looking round, everyone's drinks were getting dangerously empty. You knew that if you were going to get a decent start on the physical recon and hit the soft-cap, you really needed to be heading up tonight on train or on the red-eye flight tomorrow morning.
The temptation to feel the packages was too high, as you talked about the spirit checking them over, you palpated the package to suss out its contents.
Each very obviously contained a data chip, the seal at the nape of the jiffy bag was solid and the bags otherwise felt pretty empty.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <07-09-14/1643:57> »
"So, lads..." Roundabout asks, swirling the last of his drink around in the glass and resisting the temptation to order another, "should we split up and look for clues?"

"I reckon I can do some digging, nail down where we're going, who owns what, see if I can't get my hands on some building plans. Maybe eyeball the matrix side of things. It'll probably keep me occupied for a bit. I'm thinking that leaves you two free to give the places the once over. The apartment might be a good place to go first. Henry, you want me to see if they've got any places for rent? You could probably blag your way in as a prospective buyer or something, see what the inside's like".

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <07-09-14/1704:01> »
"Capital idea, love." He smiled at Roundabout's ingenuity. "Check the estate agent listings, if you can find somewhere nearby where we can keep an eye on our target, so much the better."