NEWS

[5e] Running Hard

• 19 Replies

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <08-07-14/1638:48> »
My only thought on her is how slow her initiative is.  I don't really see anywhere to jack her IP up with Wires.  Combat drugs would work  :o
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #16 on: <08-07-14/1648:09> »
My only thought on her is how slow her initiative is.  I don't really see anywhere to jack her IP up with Wires.  Combat drugs would work  :o
A blast from the past. In more ways then one.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #17 on: <08-07-14/1734:23> »
Yeah, you'll need an auto injector and a few doses of jazz for when shit hits the fan! Aim to get some synaptic boosters further down the line
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #18 on: <08-07-14/2206:51> »
SKILLS
Stealth skill group 2 (Dice pools - Disguise 8, Sneaking 11, Palming 9)
Gymnastics 3(+2 Parkour) - 15(17)
Running 3(+2 Urban) - 14(16)
Pistols 6(+2 Semi-auto) - 13(15)
Unarmed Combat 4(+2 Parkour) - 11(13)
Perception 4 - 10
Con 2(+2 Fast talk) - 5(7)
Etiquette 3 - 6               1->3 10 karma
Escape Artist 1 - 11     2 karma
Locksmith 1 - 8             2 karma
Pilot ground craft 1 - 6 2 karma
Free-Fall 1 - 4               2 karma
Computer 1 - 4             2 karma

I have no idea how Chummer5 managed to count above mentioned skills' cost as '16 points'. I will probably drop Free fall and Computer when I'll get to play.

Easy. Chummer5 is programmed to buy skills in the most efficient way. In this case, instead of spending skill points on Con 2 and Etiquette 1, then buying Etiquette up to 3 for 10 karma, it spend all 3 points on Etiquette, then bought Con 2 for 6 karma.

I'm not sure how this makes sense. To upgrade skills for their normal karma costs, you are past the Chargen part where you can buy specializations for 1 karma. Con has a specialization. Therefore, that would have been an extra 7 karma to get the +2 to Fast talk. That is not the most efficient way, unless you want to drop the Fast Talk specialization then you could get Etiquette up to 3 and then buy Con 2 for 6 karma.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-07-14/2308:00> »
The initiative is unaugmented on purpose. This character is mainly a data courier, an infiltrator and a spotter. She's not supposed to fight something head on samurai style. She can fight well but she's not a match to a dedicated sammie.
Combat drugs are not out of question but the shit needs to hit the fan first, not gonna pop 'em every time.
Yes, chummer5 got some math wrong, I dropped free fall and computer.
Thanks for the input.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*