NEWS

Jacksonville based PbP game. (Backups Needed)

• 251 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #45 on: <05-12-14/1435:02> »
I know what you mean, but I forgot to mention the "glaring weakness" and needs a group part. This guy has both unlucky and gremlins 2 as negative qualities, plus simsense vertigo. Part of his schtick is never relying on "luck", having a trick or two prepared for anything he thinks could come up through alchemy and the least techy gear he can get.
could ya lose gremlins?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <05-12-14/1455:43> »
I certainly can, I can find something else that fits I'm sure. Mind if I ask why, or will that get into spoilery territory?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <05-12-14/1501:12> »
Hmmm, I think I could make "Secret Shame" work for the face. Same basic back story with one little secret detail added. Would you like the secret to be open to other players or gm knowledge only?
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <05-12-14/1551:39> »
Are all the positions filled atm?
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Nimbasa

• Chummer
  • To pray is to accept defeat
« Reply #49 on: <05-12-14/1556:32> »
Are all the positions filled atm?

The old vet is still up
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <05-12-14/1601:20> »
technically, they're ALL still up.
we're just shooting ideas right now.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <05-12-14/1602:38> »
Let me have a look at it then, I'll post a concept as soon as I reach the laptop (easier typing than the dreadful tablet virtual keyboard)
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Nimbasa

• Chummer
« Reply #52 on: <05-12-14/2003:52> »
Would you want us to post our character stats/sheets?
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #53 on: <05-12-14/2017:31> »
How about an elf rigger who has skill with drones and driving, but can't use a weapon themselves? I can flesh the concept out more from there.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <05-12-14/2055:57> »
I do not exit, i was born a gutter punk kid from Montreal, raised by the Mafia, they used to call me "shooting star", the light flash was the last think you would see if i ever got a contract on you, not any more though, things change, and when you refuse a hit you are the one on the hit list just after the target, but you know, its hard to give a shooting star cement shoes, some things are too quick to grasp, i am one of them.

I started doing small delivery jobs for the crews that populated my neighbourhood, i was fast as a bolt, i even almost made into a crew once, it was short lived, the capo got greedy and a hit was commissioned on the whole crew, Santino "legs" got wacked, Dumont went to ground but they eventually found him, Jimmy was a good friend then, my mentor, he was the first to buy the farm, me? I was just an elf kid that knew how to shoot straight and was doing minor dealing for the older members, eventually they forgot about me, my name died there, I was just 14.

I ended falling in the good graces years later, no one remembered me, i was 25, had been scrapping a living as hit man, working for the highest bider, eventually my name caught the attention of the family again, by then i was no longer just a street gutter punk kid learning my trade, some juice was already there, i was quicker, bolder and deadlier, its easy work to scare or wack people not wanting or bending into the construction permits that the mob requires, and no one builds without their authorization, not even the mayor, not if he wants bad things happening in his city.

This is the broad picture for the infiltrator assassin i was envisioning, its still rough and in the beginning. it can be worth discussing to adapt to what the GM wants, him being out of Montreal is after the Mafia gets a contract on him, thus he moves to CAS (reason pending)
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <05-12-14/2105:10> »
While I had an elf technomancer / BTL hustler in mind when I started, the concept turned more towards ex-Ares (criminal SIN) underworld type. I'm used to having something to refer to for the area, though - Seattle, LA, etc I know where to look for info on groups that I might have been part of, worked with, or fought against. (even if not the locals per se, then others they're connected with) Not sure where to start with that here.
I'm not sure there IS any shadowrun source material for "Old Jack City".
If im correct, it just gives us more room to invent shit.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <05-12-14/2111:51> »
The best part of PbP is that you can take your time to make sure the rolls are correct, well, "correct." Plus, you have a written record to refer back to. You're  a new GM. You're excused a ton. You're worrying too much about nothing. Just roll with it and fix anything as you go along.

As for your setting question, no, there's nothing about Jacksonville in the books.
« Last Edit: <05-12-14/2116:33> by Crimsondude »

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #57 on: <05-12-14/2117:25> »
Well, I'm already writing a lot on another setting, so helping make things up for this one works for me ^^

What I was thinking for the rigger...

"All my life, I worked towards a goal. I was going to get into a corp, get hired as security, and fun their drones. I would have access to the latest toys on the market and every drone I could dream of. And then it happened: One case of accidentally hitting a manager's car and suddenly I was out on the street. I could have fixed the damage! I even offered to do it without pay! But no... now I'm stuck on the streets with nothing except my ride and what drones I managed to sneak out of the building. And now I'm looking for work. Legal jobs won't have me; I've been blackballed. So, I guess it's time for something less-than-legal."
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <05-12-14/2119:30> »
Well, I'm already writing a lot on another setting, so helping make things up for this one works for me ^^

What I was thinking for the rigger...

"All my life, I worked towards a goal. I was going to get into a corp, get hired as security, and fun their drones. I would have access to the latest toys on the market and every drone I could dream of. And then it happened: One case of accidentally hitting a manager's car and suddenly I was out on the street. I could have fixed the damage! I even offered to do it without pay! But no... now I'm stuck on the streets with nothing except my ride and what drones I managed to sneak out of the building. And now I'm looking for work. Legal jobs won't have me; I've been blackballed. So, I guess it's time for something less-than-legal."
except he's still kinda working toward the same point, just by different means.
It seems that he still has the same goal of "access to the latest toys on the market"

let's try and go deeper.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Nimbasa

• Chummer
« Reply #59 on: <05-12-14/2142:49> »
Isaac was a bright kid, knew it too. Knew he had a pull on his parents' money aswell. Guy and his wife were high up in the rankings at a smaller corp, but they had enough dough to make sure their family got what they wanted. So when they had Isaac, they wanted a smart kid who had everything, and in return they would give him the a place at the corp. Isaac grew up to be smart, he grew up to have what he wanted, but when he came of age, his late-night endeavors were ones most parents frowned upon. Kid got into fights, hung around seedy clubs, met seedy people. Kid was a good liar too, when he came home late or with a bruise, he knew how to melt his parents down into his playthings, lie after lie and they ate it up, their perfect angel. Like I said, smart kid, so when he got bored in class, he daydreamed, mouth hung agape like a cave. Kids started calling him Slackjaw, professors did too after a while. He loved computers, Isaac did, spent whole weekend afternoons up in the lab, fuckin' with the campus computers, administration noticed and locked him out, and that was it, until a few months later.

Kid knew how to get money from his parents, "school supplies" he said, "gotta fix up my car, can't be late to class can I?". He ended it with an 'I love you' and a smile, and when the trid cut off, and the funds slid into his account, he would smirk and say something marginally funny, wise-ass that kid. Anyway, used that honest money to buy dishonest things, a Datajack drilled into his head, a brand new shiny Cyberdeck. Slackjaw was born.

Got kicked outta university a lil' while back, admins caught him downloading the security camera footage from the women's locker room. Got close he told me, was going to sell it off to some perv for a big chunk of nuyen. His parents still adore him, don't know the details of the reason behind his expulsion, told some lie I'd assume. He's been buying some interesting things with mommy and daddy's money, and says he's lookin for 'work'. Kid's in over his head, but he might just pull it off by the skin of his tusks.

Going off of the 'golden boy' archetype, narrator is some dirty corp-sec officer hired by his parents to keep an eye on him, but Isaac pays better.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink