NEWS

Jacksonville based PbP game. (Backups Needed)

• 251 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« on: <05-11-14/1404:10> »
This is the recruiting thread for the Old Jack City game.

SO FAR: The only lots that have been filled are
1- Nimbasa as Isaac, the golden boy.
2- SlowDeck as Slappendash, the secret shame.
3- Tenlaar as Samuel, the buster sword.
4- Reyjinn as Francis, the new man.
5- Kalarin as Johnny, the professional.

i haven't decided who the "leader" of the crew will be.
It's either gonna be the buster sword or professional.
« Last Edit: <07-19-14/1722:07> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sehkmet

« Reply #1 on: <05-11-14/1455:54> »
I'm a fairly fluid gamer with the basic sets of rules and I'm generally the quick reference guy at the table.  Not an encyclopedia off the top of my head but I'm rapid with the referencing.   I'm not 100% up to par on the Matrix and Riggers but I understand all other roles.

I would dare suggest going more mirror-shades (tends to be more RP heavy) to avoid going nuts with ret-conning combat.

I would definitely be interested if you're willing to accept me.

P.S. Is your Troll Doctor going to be in this game?  I think he's an outstanding concept!

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #2 on: <05-11-14/1457:39> »
I'm game. I'm definitely not a rules encyclopedia, but I have a gunbunny I've been working on ^^
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-11-14/1502:51> »
I would dare suggest going more mirror-shades (tends to be more RP heavy) to avoid going nuts with ret-conning combat.

P.S. Is your Troll Doctor going to be in this game?  I think he's an outstanding concept!

1- good suggestion. That will probably end up happening, though i dont wanna shy away from combat. The world is a violent place, y'know?

2- probably not.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sehkmet

« Reply #4 on: <05-11-14/1513:02> »
Roger that!  Anything you're looking for in particular for characters?  Anything that's a no-no?

I'm just completing a character I was geeking on, I can post it in the next hour or two.   Secondary shooter (sporting rifles), magician with specialization in health spells and an expert in Astral Combat/hunting HMHVV carriers. 

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-11-14/1515:37> »
Anything you're looking for in particular for characters?
three dimensional contacts, and solid motivation for why you do what you do.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sehkmet

« Reply #6 on: <05-11-14/1524:00> »
Already working on that!

And we have another player available, a newbie, whose wanting to be a Decker.  If you're up for a newbie.

Nimbasa

• Chummer
  • To pray is to accept defeat
« Reply #7 on: <05-11-14/1526:41> »
I'd be interested in playing, I have a basic understanding of 5th and would be playing with my first ever character, as I'm greener than grass. Also, Poindexter, disregard my PM.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Sehkmet

« Reply #8 on: <05-11-14/1559:23> »
Alright boss,  here are the links to what I have ready:

Backstory and Breakdown of Character Creation
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB33DBC3172418F7%21123

Full Character Sheet [Very detailed version[
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB33DBC3172418F7%21124 

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-11-14/1807:07> »
OK, i've been thinking about it a bit, and i've made a few decisions about how it's all gonna go down IF it goes down.

I'm not gonna make yall go street resources, cause i feel like it unfairly gimps riggers and deckers, BUT i also don't want anyone to be super rich.
I don't wanna make additional restrictions on stats and skills exactly, but i don't want anyone to be the master of their craft just yet.
I'm envisioning this crew being a bunch of new-to-the-shadows types for whatever reason/s, quite possibly all from the same neighborhood.
For example, if you're the rigger, maybe just get you the basic gear, y'know? Leave some gaps to fill later on purpose.
If you're the mage, maybe don't go magic 6, spellcasting 6, y'know? maybe you just found out you're awakened or you never really put the effort into getting good at it.
If you're the samurai, maybe you've just fallen on hard times, and despite having the chrome to wreck shit, you're too broke to afford a gun right now.
if you're the decker, maybe you're bright and daddy's money bought you a real nice deck and all, but maybe it's your first one and you JUST got that shit 3 months ago, and you're still learning.
consider characters with glaring shortcomings, characters who NEED a team to survive.
Yall are probably gonna be better off working out concepts with one another before anyone makes any characters.

this is in danger of turning into rambling, so im just gonna end it.
I'll probably heavily edit this later on.

feel free to ask questions.
« Last Edit: <05-11-14/1808:51> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-11-14/1808:17> »
What kind of timeframe are you looking at for getting a group together & starting up? What's being retcon'd? I'd like to put a TM  together, but still working on a concept.
IF this happens, it will be in the next week or two. Nothing is being retcon'd right now, im just saying im probably gonna fuck some stuff up, that we'll have to go back and retcon later.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <05-11-14/1835:31> »
Alright boss,  here are the links to what I have ready:

Backstory and Breakdown of Character Creation
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB33DBC3172418F7%21123

Full Character Sheet [Very detailed version[
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB33DBC3172418F7%21124
i dig the thought you put into things, but lets hold off on stats and whatnot for now.
i want this team to fit well together on purpose.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sehkmet

« Reply #12 on: <05-11-14/1845:11> »
Roger that, boss!  After seeing your thoughts, the character needs to be revamped.  I'll wait to see what everyone else is going to play/plans to play.  I can change to another role since Mages tend to be popular.

I'll still keep him a BTL/Scorched head to have that glaring short-coming.   
« Last Edit: <05-11-14/1852:16> by Sehkmet »

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-11-14/1848:06> »
I'd like to play and work up a concept that could work in your setting but personally I think you need to really nail down what limitations you want in play.  Street Scum chargen?, availability <?, max magic=?, max skill=?, etc.  Having totally abstract chargen rules would seem to be a recipe for lots of builds being rejected or having to be reworked.  A bit easier to build your concept if you know what you can or can't do.
Just one man's opinion mind you :)
That being said I think I would like trying to put together a face, a fast talking street kid that deflects trouble rather than taking it head on. Not necessarily a char that would be optimized up the wazoo to get the most out of Mr. Johnson in negotiations, more focused on con ,palming and other street level skills.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <05-11-14/1902:00> »
I'd like everyone to be either locals or immigrants from closeby places for the most part.

Also, i don't wanna "nail down limitations."
i wanna "get the general vibe out there."

slight difference.

if you wanna go resources a and have 450,000 to blow on stuff, that's fine, but find some way to still have a glaring shortcoming.
I've met plenty of rich kids who had more than one.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english