NEWS

[OOC] Lockdown!

• 657 Replies

kalarin

• Chummer
« on: <05-01-14/2249:27> »
Hey guys,

This is the OOC character for the game I'm running

At this stage I'm after your character sheet, contacts and backstory in one post, feel free to edit these until the game starts. I'd like these at the top so I have en easy reference going forward.

Current Roster:
Celtibero: Kitty - Decker
SlowDeck : Trance Virgo - Hermetic Mage/Face
Poindexter : DuckDown -  Rigger/Face
Tenlaar : Cheshire  - Hermetic Mage/Illusionist
reyjinn: Slim - Gunbunny

Bench:
Tiamut024 - Gunbunny

There are a couple of characters I haven't heard from in a few days, if these become inactive this roster may change. Once the characters are locked in we can use this thread to discuss character connections and eventually anything that doesn't fit in the IC thread.
« Last Edit: <05-02-14/0615:41> by kalarin »
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #1 on: <05-01-14/2253:32> »
Runner Name: Trance Virgo

Priority system
A - Magic (Hermetic mage)
B - Skills
C - Attributes
D - Race (Elf)
E - Resources

Attributes
Body - 2
Agility - 3
Reaction - 3
Strength - 2
Willpower - 3
Logic - 6
Intuition - 3
Charisma - 5
Edge - 1
Essence - 6
Magic - 6
Initiative- 6

Qualities
Mentor Spirit (Dragonslayer) (-5 karma)
Allergy (Grass) (Moderate) (+10 Karma)
Code of Honor (No karma benefit; taken for RP purposes)

Active skills
Arcana 5
Assensing 6
Astral Combat 4
Banishing 4
Binding 5 (free)
Etiquette 3
Negotiation 4 (6 with Dragonslayer)
Perception 3
Pistols 3
Sneaking 4
Sorcery (skill group) 5
Summoning 5 (free)

Knowledge Skills
Matrix Games 2
Native American Chants 3
Parageology 5
Popular Trids 3
Quick Home-made Cooking Recipes 2

Languages
English N
Sperethial 3

Lifestyle
Low (1 month) „2000

Gear
Magical Lodge Materials (Force 4) (used to create a magical lodge in her living room) „2000
Renraku Sensei „1000
Armored Vest „500
Colt America L36 „320
- Concealable Holster „150
- Spare Clips (9) „45
- Gel rounds(110 rounds) „275
Meta Link „100

Fake SIN
Lenora McKinley (Rating 3) „7500
- Fake License (Magic) (Rating 3) „600
- Fake License (Firearm) (Rating 3) „600
- Fake License (Concealed Carry) (Rating 3) „600

Starting Cash
„610 (roll + 310 carryover)

Spells
Ball Lightning
Stunbolt
Stunball
Heal
Detect Life, Extended
Improved Invisibility
Physical Mask
Silence
Armor
Mana Bolt
Power Bolt (5 karma)
Mana Barrier (5 karma)

Bound Spirits
Earth Spirit (owes 3 services)

Contacts
Mini Boom (Fixer) (Connection 4, Loyalty 1)
Thera (Talismonger) (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Johnny Deathseed (Forger) (Connection 4, Loyalty 1)

History

Trance was one of the lucky ones; born to runners who actually were making a name for themselves, she was apprenticed to a hermetic friend of their's when she Awakened. For the most part, her life consisted of growing up, learning spells, arguing with her parents like a teenager would, being a brat towards her mentor on occasion when not running errands for him or learning magical power, and arguments with this strange voice in her head that insisted she actually go out and fight a good fight.

And then came her 18th birthday. A run had apparently gone wrong; she returned from gathering some magical supplies for upgrading her mentor's circle to find the shop on fire and her mentor gunned down. She rescued what she could of his library, but most of it was lost to the fire. Another check found her parents had suffered the same fate, leaving her without a home. She grabbed a bag her parents had asked her to put together, lamented her foolishness in not putting more of it, and fled to a different part of the city to start over, choosing to hide near her mentor's talismonger. She quickly met a fixer and, through him, a forger that could set her up with a new fake SIN.

Now she's out of money and seeking to apply her magical knowledge to earning some.

Morals

Even though she doesn't have a code of ethics she officially ascribes to, Trance does have certain boundaries she does not cross. She refuses to kill noncombatants or kill when it is not necessary. To her line of thought, an unconscious guard is less of a problem than a dead guard. She also refuses to harm children, and will not accept a job to get more employees for a bunraku parlor.
« Last Edit: <06-04-14/1851:47> by SlowDeck »
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-02-14/0002:09> »
Alias: Cheshire

Priorities:
A- Magic (Hermetic Magician)
B- Attributes
C- Metatype (Dwarf)
D- Resources
E- Skills

Attributes:
Bod- 5
Agi- 1
Rea- 4
Str- 3
Wil- 7
Log- 5
Int- 5
Cha- 3
Mag- 6
Edg- 2

Limits:
Phy- 5
Men- 8
Soc- 7

Initiative:
Phy- 9+1d6
Ast- 10+2d6

Negative Qualities:
Prejudiced (Radical, Extortionists)
National SIN (CAS)

Positive Qualities:
Focused Concentration 4

Skills:
Spellcasting (illusion)- 6 ( 8 )
Counterspelling- 5
Performance (Illusory)- 4 (6)
Perception- 2
First Aid- 2
Arcana- 2
Assensing- 2
Etiquette- 2
Lockpicking- 1
Summoning- 1
Computer- 1

Knowledge Skills:
(Academic)
Magic Theory- 4
Intelligentsia- 4
(Interests)
Pre-UGE/Goblinization Fantasy Literature- 6
Kinesiology- 3
Kinematics- 3

Spells:
Levitate
Physical Mask
Trid Phantasm
Magic Fingers
Improved Invisibility
Chaos
Mass Agony
Heal
Increase Reflexes
Stunbolt

Contacts:
John Maeger (Richmond, VA)- 2 connections, 4 loyalty- Lutwidge's magic tutor for 6 years and best friend.  Has little pull in the world but keeps abreast of developments in the magical communities and has continued to help Lutwidge with his studies.
Andy- 3 connections, 1 loyalty- A sleazy looking human in his 40's. He sports Jamaican style dreadlocks, wears a ridiculous looking feather coat and walks with a cane. He runs Doolan's, a bar at the southen end of Fox Island, known to attract the attention of Johnson's looking for work. Dispite his flamboyant style, he has a reputation for keeping his mouth shut. The two trolls he employs as bouncers definitely keep patrons honest.

Gear:
Force 1 Sustaining Focus (Illusion)
Force 1 Sustaining Focus (Illusion)
50 drams of reagents
Armor Clothing
Lined Coat
Renraku Sensei Commlink
Medkit R4
Gold credstick
1 month Low Lifestyle

2150 nuyen left
Starting nuyen roll:: 3d6 10x60 = 600
2750 total at start

History:
Though the earlier years were not always kind, Lutwidge had a good life ahead of him.  His father died in an "incident" at a manufacturing plant when he was only 4.  After his father's death, his mother threw herself fully into her true passion - literature.  She opened an antique book store in their home town of Richmond, Virginia with a small apartment above it.  It was a struggle for many years and the majority of the income came from locating books and brokering deals for collectors but she was able to provide a stable life for them.  He attended school and spent his afternoons devouring book after book while his mother worked.  In the evenings they would retire to the apartment where she would read to him some of her favorite pieces, often from her favorite author Lewis Carroll.

Things all changed when Lutwidge was 11.  Small enough for even other dwarves to call a runt, he barely broke 3'5 and his stunted body made it very difficult for him to function in a normal sized world.  He was a frequent target for bullying at school...until the day he awakened.  One moment he was curled up on the ground being poked by laughing children, wishing some giant creature would just come and take them all away; the next moment he was hovering six feet off the ground and the children were fleeing in terror from the snarling Jabberwocky standing behind him.

The years became a blur after that.  His mother found him a magic tutor.  He showed an incredible natural aptitude for crafting illusions and soon he had the idea that would turn his mother's dusty little bookstore into a local attraction.  She started to give readings of fantastical old stories, stories so old that very few people ever read them any more, and he made the stories come to life with his magic.  He continued to hone his magical artistry and got accepted into the thaumaturgy program at Georgia Tech.

It was early in his second year when things all changed again.  He came home for a visit a day earlier than his mother expected, planning to surprise her with the most elaborate illusion he could conjure to show her how much he had improved.  She was arguing with a well dressed man.  He couldn't hear the whole conversation but he got enough to realize that his mother had agreed to help smuggle something in order to pay for his education.  This man, or people he worked for, had found out about it and were forcing her to pay for their silence.  She kept saying that she just didn't have anything more, they had taken it all.  The man pulled his arm back to strike her, and for the second time in his life it was as if the magic inside him acted on it's own while he watched helplessly.  A bookcase slammed down on top of the man.  His mother was lifted off the ground and pulled towards him.  A dozen images of the two of them broke off and ran in different directions.  Gunfire.  Sparks.  Flames.

If the man made it out of the building, they didn't see it.  After a panic stricken night it was decided.  His mother had friends with money and influence, collectors that she had worked with for many years.  They could help her, and she could blend into a new life.  Lutwidge, though, he was easy to spot when you were looking for him.  He would have to go away.  With little more than the clothes on his back, the few magical supplies he always kept on him, and the credstick with his food and recreation money for the rest of the semester he left the only home he had known.
« Last Edit: <05-04-14/2234:37> by Tenlaar »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #3 on: <05-02-14/0025:25> »
Duckdown AKA Duck

The best fraggin drummer you're ever gonna hear, chum.

ork rigger

-history

Orks don't live near as long as the rest of you, so we live harder. We dance harder, we fight harder, we sleep harder, we dream harder, we love harder. It's that last one that's the most powerful, man. Love, duuuuuude, love. Love's how the ugliest smeltery worker you ever seen ended up pairing with the raging fire of a woman that is my mother. She's 46 now, older than most of us get, and the proud mother of 11 daughters and 6 sons. I still got three brothers out there somewhere. They're all grown and moved on, i think one of em joined the army or went to jail or something. I'm not really sure. Sisters, i got two left out there. As rough as life is for everyone, it's even rougher for us, and rougher still for our women. I can't even imagine what trolls have to go through. damn. can't even imagine... Anyway, my sisters Agatha and Theresa still live in town. I'm pretty sure neither of them are officially members of a gang, but they hang out with those guys ALOT. Agatha's 13 years old. She's an adult. I don't really give a shit what SHE does, but Theresa is still just a kid. She should at least TRY to go to school. At least till she hated it so much, she started acting out and getting into fights to get out of it. That's what i did. That's what you're supposed to do. That's like, what school is for, right man?

I used to be an angry little trog, y'know?

I was really into my hands as a kid. I wanted to climb with em, and build stuff with em, and beat people up with em, and i got pretty good at doin all that stuff. But then, there was that one day. My mother was living with my late sister Monica's father at the time. I think his name was Terrance or Jessica or something. Probably not Jessica. Anyways, he played hardcore beebop jazz saxophone and me and him really got along well, unlike most of my mothers partners. He was a crazy guy, always tellin jokes, bouncin around, fidgeting with his fingers, come to think of it, that trog was probably a cokehead. Fraaaaaag. I always wondered why mom threw him out while she was pregnant. Ok, anyways, he comes home from a gig one night, late as shit, and he brings with him, into our living room, this nice lookin drumset. It was the shiniest thing I'd seen in my entire life, and long after my siblings had finished fighting over it and lost interest, i just kept banging on that thing for years. Nowadays, I'm just the best drummer in the plex. It aint no big deal, chummer.

I used to rock with El Chupacabracadabra. I don't know what bullshit the label made em change the name to. I don't listen to that pop drek, but you've probably heard em. I was the only ork in the group, and no one really understood the struggle but me, so once i started writing songs for em, we stared blowin up. Eventually, the type of guy i am got to be too much of a liability for em. See, in the music biz, you gotta be able to lie to people's faces and pretend to be stupid. That's how you get that nuyen. You make what the teeny-boppers wanna hear. Something to keep the little corp kids from realizing THEY are what's wrong with the world. Either that or tell the ghetto kids that they matter and not to sell drugs. I wouldnt do it. When i write a song, it's the chip truth. So, they got a record contract and replaced me with some dandelion eater. Changed the name and fired our dwarf manager, too. Name was T-Ball. Solid guy. Kindof a dork, but he was always straight with us. Dude always had our backs and they did him like that? Did me like that? Buncha squishes, with their frakkin squish bullshit.

I kinda lost my temper. I don't like to dwell on the old stupid days, but lets just say, some property was damaged, some charges were pressed, and i got arrested. Good thing T-Ball still liked me. He didn't have the connections to get the charges dropped, but he got em lessened and my time reduced. I did 8 months for destruction of private property and criminal mischief. I was lucky. They coulda got me for grand theft auto and attempted murder if they really wanted to be dicks about it. I'da probably died in there if they'da hit me with that. Prison turned out to not be so bad. It mellowed me out a lot. And not just cause i started smoking a LOT more zen. I also did a lot of soul searching and a lot of writing. If i could sing, I'd have an entire album ready to record.

When i got out, T-Ball tried to get me legal work, but between my new criminal SIN, my race, and the new pastime i'd picked up in jail, that never panned out. It dawned on me about five months after i got out that i was gonna have to make money on my own. I mean, shit, I'm gonna be 20 years old in four months. Almost over the hill, maaaaan. It's time I started actin responsibly. I'd met a few people who did a few things playing with 'chupa around town for all that time. Seems it's time to make some calls...

race   c ork 0
stats  d 14
magic  e none
skills b 36/5
loot   a 75,000  550+starting left

bod- 4
agi- 4
rea- 5
str- 3
wil- 2
log- 2
int- 3
cha- 5
edg- 1
ess- 4.75

init: 1d6+8
physical limit: 5
mental limit: 3
social limit: 6

-10contacts=6-3seattleknow=3
-1money=2-2etiquette=0

-qualities
criminal sin +10
minor addiction: zen +3

-knowledges
English (native)
or'zet       2
Street gang politics        1
interest national politics  1
profession cars             1
interest corporate politics 1
interest music              2
 (goblin-rock)             (4)
Seattle knowledge           2

-skills
Athletics group 1
 running
 swimming
 gymnastics
Acting group    4
 con
 impersonate
 perform (drums)6
Unarmed         5
perception      5
intimidate      5
drive ground    4
automatics      4
gunnery         2
armorer         2
auto tech       2
sneaking        2
computer        2
pilot air       1
etiquette       1

lifestyle: low with garage

-upgrades
used control rig (1)

-weapons
Ak 97 smartgun
 2 extra clips
Ares Crusader II
 2 extra clips
AK 97
 2 extra clips

-armor
armor vest 9
helmet +2
 flare comp
 smartlink

-gear
Erika Elite
 sim mod
scratch-built junk console
2 sets crappy (20) clothes
1 nice (100) suit
box std rifle ammo (100)
box gel rifle ammo (100)
8 doses of zen (3 with me)

-papers
fake SIN lvl 1

-vehicles
toyota gopher
 rigger interface
 std weapon mount
  Ak 97

-contacts       
T-Ball, my former manager.
 loyalty- 2 connections- 4
 kindof dorky, but he's a good guy. dwarf in his mid 50's with a twisty beard. Knows a lot of people you'd expect someone in the music biz to know.
Drank, drug dealer   
 loyalty- 1  connections- 2   
 The cousin of a human rapper i met in jail. I told him i'd play drums for his album when he gets out. He's a lazy shit though, so it'll probably never happen.
Zipline, go-ganger     
 loyalty- 1 connections- 3 
 The ork widow of my late brother, Leonard. They had two daughters together, Melinda and Pharos, 3 and 5. She doesn't really like me, but she knows i'm good for my word.
Deen, bass player   
 loyalty- 4  connections- 2
 Troll woman I've been dating for the past three months. She's an INCREDIBLE bass player, and an uncompromising philosopher. She's a violent drunk though and sometimes, shit can get outta hand. She's had a rough life and sometimes she takes it out on me. I think i love her, but i haven't told her. I doubt she loves me, but what the hell do i know, right?
Sully, illusion mage     
 loyalty-  3  connections- 3 
 This is the guy that used to do stage effects for us back when chupa first started getting big. He hooked up with us for free, just for the exposure, but soon, he was getting offers for paying gigs that  we just couldnt match. Dude is really talented, and even though we havent seen eachother in a long time, we still keep in touch.
« Last Edit: <06-12-14/1210:19> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-02-14/0048:08> »
I might know Cheshire through my contact, Sully. They do kinda the same thing with illusions.
« Last Edit: <05-02-14/1323:39> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-02-14/0403:11> »
Josh O'Reilly, Slim Reaper (Slim to friends)
Short description: A tall Elf with a wiry, thin build.  Hair is short and brown, eyes a dark green. He has visible tattoos on the backs of his hands and on the right side of his neck, some of which are gang related.

Street Cred   0
Notoriety       3
Publicity        0

#Priorities#
Metatype    C Elf (3)
Attributes    B 20
Magic/Res  E Mundane
Skills            A 46/10
Resources  D 15,000 (+10,000 (5 Karma))

#Attributes#
Bod   3      Wil   3      Edge   4
Agi    6      Log  3      Ess      6
Rea  4      Int     4      Init       8+1d6
Str     4      Cha 4

#Qualities#
(+7 Karma) Bad Rep.  Former gang has done its best to besmirch his name after he managed to negotiate his quitting the gang rather than dying after an unexpected and sudden leadership change.
(+5 Karma) Distinctive Style.   Tattoos on torso and arms.  They reach the backs of his hands and up the side of his neck as well making them hard to hide.
(-9 Karma) Toughness.
(-4 Karma) Resistance to toxins.

#Skills#
-Active-
Athletics group             3
Close Combat group  2
Firearms group            5

Armorer                   3
Computer                1(3 Matrix Search)
Con                          3
Demolitions            2
Etiquette                  1(3 Gang)
First Aid                    4
Gunnery                   2
Heavy Weapons     2
Intimidation              3
Navigation               1
Negotiation              3
Palming                    2
Perception               4
Pilot Ground            1(3 Wheeled)
Sneaking                  4
Survival                    1(3 Urban)
Thrown Weapons   3
Tracking                   1(3 Urban)

-Knowledge-
*Language*
English (N)
Japanese                          1
Sperenthiel                       1
*Street*
Seattle gangs                   3(5 Turfs)
Seattle area                      2
Seattle black market        2(4 Arms dealers)
Seattle street docs           1
Puyallup smuggling
routes                                 1 (Karma)
*Interest*
Firearms maintainance   1
*Professional*
Law Enforcement tactics 1

#Resources#
Lifestyle
       Low, Cramped   1800 NY (1 month pre-paid)
Fake SIN (5000 NY)
       Jack Gleeson, R2, Profession Bodyguard.
Fake Licences (800 NY)
       R2 Weapons
       R2 Concealed carry

Weapons
       Colt America L36, Hidden arm slide, 40x SnShock, 2x Spare clips (1000 NY)
       Ruger Super Warhawk, Concealable holster, Laser sight, 60x Expl Ammo, 4x Speed loader (1255 NY)
       FN HAR, Sling, 140x Expl ammo, 3x Spare clips, Lowlight underbarrel flashlight (2850 NY)
       Remington 950, 50x Expl ammo, Imaging scope (Vision mag, Vision Enhance 1) (3250 NY)
       Flash bang 2x (200 NY)
       Thermal smoke 2x (120 NY)
       Extendable baton (100 NY)
       Survival knife (100 NY)

Armor
       Lined coat, R4 Non conductivity (1900 NY)

Street gear
       Renraku Sensei, (1000 NY)
       Subvocal mic, trodes, AR gloves (270 NY)
       Credstick Silver, Gold (120 NY)
       Firearms maintenance kit (500 NY)
       Respirator R6 (300 NY)
       Survival kit (200 NY)
       Medkit R3 (750 NY)
       Trauma patch (500 NY)
       Contacts C2, Image link, Flare comp (675 NY)
       Goggles C4, Image link, Flare comp, Vision enhance 2 (1475 NY)

#Contacts#
*Black Market Arms Dealer, C3 L2, Freddie Hucknall, Ork, 41 y/o.*
Works out of the Crime Mall in Puyallup.  Was Slim's main weapons contact while he was doing business for his gang and decided he knew Slim well enough to ignore the rumors he heard.
*Fixer, C1 L1, Honest Joe, Dwarf, 66 y/o.*
I had this one mostly figured as a stopgap, if Kalarin decides we'll get a mutual fixer in the early stages I'd not hesitate to redistribute these points elsewhere.  Note: He is not honest.
*Smuggler, C2 L2, Rex, Human, 23 y/o.*
Main smuggling route is on Route 7 north through Puyallup into Tacoma.  Rather low level in his organisation which is mostly Amerindian but he knows some people.
*Street doc, C1 L2, Andy Greenwall, Human, 54 y/o.*
When Slim decided that he wanted to save up for some ware he did considerable research into the local street docs.  He wanted to make sure that when he went under he would be in capable hands and more importantly wouldn't end up in some ghouls belly.  This doc in who has his practice in a rather nice neighborhood in northern Puyalupp was the one Slim decided to go with.  They had several conversations about which way Slim wanted to go with his ware and became casual acquaintances.

Unspent karma: 3   Unspent Nuyen: 835 NY
Starting nuyen: 3d6*60 = (5+1+2)*60 = 480
Total nuyen: 1315

#Story#
Growing up in Loveland on the western border of the Puyallup district and initiating into a gang in early adolescence was no picnic so Slim needed to grow up fast and hard.  In his earlier days in the gang, which was fairly minor, Slim got handed whatever weapon nobody else wanted to use and found that he could easily familiarize himself with any weapon he was handed and quickly master them with practice.  With time he rose in the hierarchy of the gang and his potential drew attention from its leader, Rhino, who took Slim under his wing.  As Slim was rather more personable than most of the members of the gang he became the gang's negotiator and general middle man for business transactions acquiring many contacts in the Crime Mall black market and smuggler community.
It was while he was away negotiating the purchase of new weapons for the gang that Cadillac, a lieutenant in the gang, managed to stage a coup, eliminating Rhino and all his supporters that did not fall immediately in line with the new regime.  When Slim got back he was given the classic options of Join or Die.  Knowing that he would never be trusted, and probably stabbed in the back as soon as Cadillac felt he had outlived his usefulness, Slim tried damned hard to negotiate an exit from the gang and succeeded.  If only barely.
He had to pay a heavy exit fee, totally emptying his nest fund which had been set aside for cyberware, but managed to hang onto most of his personal gear.  It was also made crystal clear that he would be considered a "Shoot on sight" target if he ever showed his face in their Loveland turf again.  Unsurprisingly Cadillac and his cronies went to considerable lengths to try and destroy Slim's rep with resounding success, as a result of which Slim lost many of his contacts and those who are willing to talk to him are weary of trusting him completely.
For now his goal is to try and establish himself in the runner circles of Seattle but Slim knows he needs to repair his rep by any means possible.
« Last Edit: <05-07-14/0443:07> by reyjinn »
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-02-14/0609:36> »
Caroline "Kitty" Smith

Sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/erq15dko3mt8bz0/Kitty.PDF

updated sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcsxdjowe7sew49/KittyPDF.pdf

Brief Background
From foster home to foster home to foster family, the list would probably go on, Caroline was (is) the epitome of a trouble child, some of the things she saw in foster care where enough to scare any person, although she outwardly tries to maintain a happy go lucky demeanour deep inside she hates with all her strength the abuse some people in the foster care "industry" (her words not mine) inflict upon children, they are just another pay-check, another number on the credstick to the foster families, they don't want to adopt you and make you part of the family, youre just one more asset to pay for the BTL's, drugs or whatever tickles their fancy. and there are even those scarier cases, of children simsense exploitations, she was lucky for not having encountered those.

She would probably be described as the scrawny smart kid, introspective, always looking for a (easy) way out, well things don't usually work out very well for kids on foster care, running away was almost a trademark of her, stealing what she could grab and wasn't nailed to the ground was another, getting away was not her best skill though, the services eventually caught up with her and the justice department did the same as soon as she turned forteen, B&E is considered a felony...so... graduation to juvie, one year. Juvie is to crime as High school is to life, there they do not reform you, Caroline really had issues with personal property boundaries, she did have a fair sense of conduct has she tried never to hurt anyone, but as far as property goes "Finders keepers!! hehe!", so, what do they teach in juvenile detention? they get you contacts, they provide a way for you to get more acquaintances in the street, they "teach" you how to disassemble a commlink, matrix theory is also a good subject, there are other "classes" , like fencing, mugging, con artistry, so its a junior high of crime pretty much.

There she met Samantha, she used to run with the Cereal Killers, she taught Caroline much of what she knew matrix wise, she was also two years older, in fact more experienced than Caroline. Eventually Samantha nearly got turned into a vegetable, no matter how much experience you have there is always someone out there that is a bigger fish than you are, mix with a good dose of overconfidence and the result in her case was too much damage to her brain, sometimes spiders spin their web and GOD just looks the other way, by the way, the pun was intended chummer.

So its true, Caroline did run with the Cereal Killers for a couple of years, when she got out of juvie she was sent to another foster family, its was the same drek all over, there isnt much to complain with the social workers that only want to dump you and there is nothing much to argue with the family that is all warmth and smiles until the social workers turn their backs, then its fastforward to half rations, take care of the other brats and dingy room shared with 5 other kids who have to make happy faces when the social workers come to have a visit. YouŽll be amazed what a bomb threat and a few gas home-made bombs can do, contact a chummer that knows his way around detonators (cheap thing to find really), place the thing when no one notices, make a couple calls, wait for people to leave, trigger it off, wait for the pawns to arrive (they never do) and for the fire dpt to come and put the flames, act all teary and innocent and bam! scot free and one more lousy couple out of business, what goes around comes around they say, and fyi no one got hurt luckily, even the cats and dogs where out of trouble (but they are usually wiser than us tbh).

So... where was i? yes Caroline running with Cereal Killers, she already knew her way around a commlink, she could disassemble one with you eyes closed, her first one (a nasty looking Meta Link that she attached a Hello kitty sticker on its back, she still has it somewhere around her backpack) got it coming more than a couple hundred times, so what next? pull a couple low time jobs and get yourself a datajack and a deck, even if its a crappy one . Erika MCD-1 is not much to go by, and at second hand rates it still does not cost you much, maybe that was the reason why Samantha loaned it to her, on the condition "if you break it you pay it". the Jack was even cheaper, used shiny little piece of chrome, sweet piece of hardware in her opinion, she still keeps it (you never know when you need a direct link to a piece of equipment, and the Jack's cable fits perfectly for that), even though she has an implanted Microdeck Summit in her skull, she says that the bronze chrome jack looks good on her. Yes she was a natural, she had always been a smart kid to start with, she had always had a knack for assembling and disassembling stuff, so it was either go decking or go mechanic, she did go decking but that you already knew.

I was told to tell a brief story... but hey listen up chummer, youŽre certainly not wondering how she got her nickname, that's pretty obvious taking the Hello Kitty fixation she has, what you're probably wondering is why she carries that scruffy backpack wherever she goes, am i right? it was there (or so the social workers swear) when she got given to adoption, it did contain a letter and a bottle of formula, nothing much, when she got thrown around from family to family it went with her, she got into fights with other kids over it, it got lost twice and she always went to great lengths to recover it, she says its her lucky charm, my guess its the one piece of the family she never knew that she cannot part with, you make your own judgement mate.

so yeah, she goes all giggly and happy go lucky, she does brave it, but i guess you never had to ear the kids crying themselves to sleep, she did and she was one of the ones doing the crying. But pretty much things where all nice and spiffy with the Cereal Killers, she got a scooter which she had custom painted pink with HK motifs, she had the name painted on it キティ・ホワイト(Kiti howaito), the only reason (actually there where two) she had to cry about on that period was when Samantha got way over her head and nearly got turned (and that nearly was too close and she never came around) into a human cucumber.

Since i have already told you this much I might as well tell you the whole story, the other reason she had to cry about at that time was because of Charlie, Charlie was a good looking kid, about 1 year older than she was, good looking, nice strong jaw, curly brown hair, green eyes, he really had the looks, as for the personality... well in the end he was a scum-bag in the making, but its like they say " If you love someone, you like virtually everything about him", thus i reckon she did not mind the fundamental flaws in him, not until she discovered he was two timing her with Jill, Jill was also a member, and one of her friends, so what did you expect from those two kids? they started fighting over him, and guess what, he was like the king of the hill, he was cheating and they still fought over who gets the spoils, the problem with smart kids is (and there are plenty of those in the Cereal Killers) is that somewhere along the line they eventually get smart over things, so lets make a long story short (shorter that is) and Caroline and Jill eventually stopped fighting, they thought about who was in the wrong and a sort of alliance is born, Charlie ends up leaving the Killers, end of story for him... or perhaps not. if they where friends then that just made the friendship stronger, and as they say, one thing leads to another and they eventually hit it of with each other, they actually ended together (in more than one sense if you get my drift chummer). If you think this is starting to sound like a fairy tale in the making forget about it chummer, bad things happen to good people and sometimes life just takes its course, some relations work, other don't.

Caroline's relation with Jill ended the moment she had second thoughts, that and  Charlie returning to the Cereal Killers, it was also the time when Samantha met her mental demise, one bad job was what it took, nearly turned into a vegetable, a drooling shell of what she once one with only short lapses of "normal" behaviour, the hot-sim running and the encounter with a black ice did it for her, what angered Caroline was Charlie's and the Cereal Killers lack of empathy for Samantha, they said it had been her fault, let her family take care of her, it did not matter that she only had the Cereal Killers as a family. to Caroline that was a utter betrayal, only adding  to what she perceived as Charlie petty revenge, she could also not phantom why Jill went back to him, sometimes even wise kids are not that wise when it comes to matters of the hearth.

Thus ended Caroline relation with Jill and the Cereal Killers, she did however took Samantha under her roof (even if you are squatting you can call it a roof right chummer?) and vowed to help her, to find and pay for any treatment that would return her only friend back to her former self, or at least try. Jill was still maintained on friendly terms, Caroline cared too much for her, loosing her as a friend would be too much, so she mentally made excuses for her behaviour, in Caroline's mind a series of justifications where correct in order to keep a friendly relation with Jill. So a new chapter in Caroline's life began,  as she set herself to make a name for herself, to accomplish something on her own and to find a way to help Samantha.

Distinctive features: Bleached hair, red round glasses, leather jacket, hello kitty tattoo on the right temple,  dragon tattoo (on blue neon colour) on left side of the face (almost enveloping the datajack). Flowery pink dress, loosely tied army boots, ruffled skirt and a  Hello Kitty battered (and i mean battered) backpack.

PS: that's the background, i cleaned it up somewhat, just read it in case i case i missed any detail (congruity wise). iŽll make an edit to post the sheet as soon as i upload it to Google drive.
« Last Edit: <06-03-14/2228:43> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-02-14/1116:41> »
What, exactly ARE the rumors that have been spread about slim by his former gang? And what gang are we talkin about here?
Honestly, they may not have HAD to spread any untrue rumors about him. Simply spreading the truth that he helped supply weapons for a violent street gang might be enough to get him a bad rep. Not to mention, "he got really good with every weapon he was handed" implies he was handed a lot of weapons a lot of times. We all know what gangs use weapons for. Again, no lying needed to give this guy a bad rep.
« Last Edit: <05-02-14/1329:57> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-02-14/1331:27> »
Also, can someone tell me how to or link me to something that tells me how to change my text to different colors for the different message types i'll be needing to use?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-02-14/1457:33> »
When you click on the option to create a new post, look up at all of the options. In the same row as you see the B, the italized I, the underlined U, etc. you'll see a drop-down menu with "Change Color" on it. Highlight the text you want to change color, click on that menu, and select a color.

I just gave you the lazy way of doing it ;)
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-02-14/1516:35> »
What, exactly ARE the rumors that have been spread about slim by his former gang? And what gang are we talkin about here?
Honestly, they may not have HAD to spread any untrue rumors about him. Simply spreading the truth that he helped supply weapons for a violent street gang might be enough to get him a bad rep. Not to mention, "he got really good with every weapon he was handed" implies he was handed a lot of weapons a lot of times. We all know what gangs use weapons for. Again, no lying needed to give this guy a bad rep.

Well, a gang member saying "He was in a gang and did gang stuff." isn't going to give anyone a bad rep I think.  I do need to flesh this out more, especially details about the gang itself, the rumors could be basically anything that they thought they could convince someone of believing.
-We found out he was dealing with ghouls, providing them with meat.
-He was into young boys, way young.
-Remember old lady Rankin from down the street that disappeared a few weeks ago?  He killed her for a few nuyen and her commlink.
If you can think of something really hideous don't hesitate to bring it up IC.

Regarding the gang I'll probably have to make it up or cobble together something from different directions, they were a fairly low tier street gang.  Definitely not one of the big boys.  I'm reading through gang chapters from a few books seeing if I find something that I like.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <05-02-14/1516:58> »
I just gave you the AWESOME way of doing it ;)

fixed that for ya.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-02-14/1521:49> »
Well, a gang member saying "He was in a gang and did gang stuff." isn't going to give anyone a bad rep I think.
not unless he gets into specifics. Gang members traditionally do not serve and protect the community they live in. They exploit and terrorize it.
The simple knowledge that you used to BE in a violent street gang and only left when they threw you out would INDEED be enough to give you a bad rep, i think.

In short, if my character is gonna start the game knowing about you BECAUSE of this bad rep, i need to know what said rep IS.

alot of us were bad people back in the day...

one does not gain firearms group 5 in a street gang through theory.
« Last Edit: <05-02-14/1534:23> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-02-14/1523:44> »
test

test
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <05-02-14/1554:00> »
I'll go ahead and say this.

If I ask for clarification on something that seems obvious or I completely misunderstand what was put, please do not feel frustrated. It is a side-effect of being mildly autistic. I know it frustrates people at times  :-\

Register