NEWS

LFG UK

• 132 Replies

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <06-15-14/0714:44> »
Oooh, that sounds good. Definitely interested.

Hmm... I've got two ideas. One's for an old ork adept with a strong sense of professionalism, probably focused on throwing and improvised weapons. I'd like to ask about bringing in the Power Throw power from 4E for this guy, taking increased strength as a power is ludicrously expensive. Maybe Missile Mastery too.

The other's for a street mage just getting into the shadows. Again, I'd like to ask about updating a couple of 4E bits for this character, mostly a tradition (Chaos Magic or Druidic) and a spell (Shapechange/Critter Form).
« Last Edit: <06-15-14/0717:42> by Taejix »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <06-15-14/0744:10> »
I could probably use some help with the sheet - since i'm new to character creation in Shadowrun I

a) Don't know what makes a 'strong' character
b) Am forced to rely on the Sample Characters and am having a hard time adapting it to the game and making him more British.

Priorities:

A-Skills (46/10)
B-Attribs (20)
C-Resources (140,000)
D-Meta (human, 3)
E-Magic (0)

Attribs:
BOD 3 (+2)
STR 2 (+2)
AGI 4 (+3)
REA{6}(+3)     20/20
CHA 6 (+4)                                                      Fairly decent stats meaning you're pretty good at what you need to do. a bit rubbish in combat but hey, leave that to the street sam!
INT 3 (+2)
LOG 3 (+2)
WIL 3 (+2)

ESS 4.9 (-1.1)
EDG 5 (+3)

Qualities:
First Impression (-11 karma)

National SiN (+5 karma)
Mild, Uncommon allergy (+5 karma)

25 starting karma
-11 positive qualities
+10 negative qualities
-10 for 20k resources
-06 for Hardware 2
-06 for Gymnastics 2
=02 net karma

Groups:
Influence group 6         10/10                                  You've got good sneaky skills and a solid base of social skills here
Stealth group 4

Individual:
Con 6 (Fast talk +2)
Impersonation 5
Intimidation 6                46/46
Pilot ground 4 (Wheeled +2)
Clubs 6 (Baton +2)                                                  Solid high skills in your primary roll of Face, decent secondary skills in breaking + entering and driving.
Locksmith 4 (Maglocks +2)
Forgery 4 (False ID +2)
Computer 2 (Data search +1)
Perception 3

Gymnastics 2 (6 karma)

Cyber:
Tailored Pheromones R2 62,000 (.4 ESS)                       Pheromones improve your social skills, reaction enhancers boost your combat defense + driving skills. Datajack helps with matrix + driving stuff
Datajack 1000 (.1 ESS)
Reaction enhancers R2 26,000 (.6 ESS)
89,000 spent

Transys Avalon Commlink 5,000
-Sim module 100
-Sub vocal mic 50                   5150

Metalink Commlink 100                100

Monocle R4 480
-Image link 25                                                              A decent "work commlink" and a shitty "burner" commlink helps fit in at the opposite ends of the social spectrum
-Low light 500                                                                            the monocle is like a google glass set up, has tools for darkness and improving your perception, earbuds do same for audio
-Image enhance R1 500               1755
-Vision mag 250

Earbuds R3 150
-audio enhance 1 500
-select sound filter 1 250
-spatial recogniser 1000            1900
8905 spent

Lined coat (arm 9) 900
 +concealable sheath 150
 +chem protect R2 500
 +non-conduct R2 500                   2050

Berwick Suit (arm 9) 2600
Mortimer Greatcoat (arm 10/+3) 3000
 +chem protect R2 500                  6100

Cheap clothing (street) 20
Casual clothing (smart-casual) 100
Posh clothing (formal wear) 400         520                loads of different outfits so you can fit in everywhere from a dirty pub on Liverpool docks to a night at the Edinburgh opera.

Extendable Baton 100                    100

Stun Baton 750
 +personalised grip 100                 850               Reasonably concealable weapons that can get you out of a bind. your low physical strength is a problem that the stun baton gets around

9620 spent                                   107,525 total
                                                                                Fake ID so you can go to swanky places and look like you belong
Silver credstik 25
 +700NY embedded

Middle Lifestyle (1 month) 5000
 +Special work area (workshop) 1000
Disguise Tool shop 5000
Forgery Tool kit 500                             tools to help you create disguises for the team, forge ID cards and dismantle security devices.
Hardware kit 500

R6 Autopicker 3,000
R6 Keycard copier 3600
R4 Sequencer 1000                          varying different breaking and entering tools to defeat various types of lock
R4 Glove molder 2,000
31,525 spent                                 

Ford americar 16,000                         
 +Spoof chips 500
 +Morphing plate 1,000               17,500
The team wheels (if we don't get a dedicated rigger), a fairly bog standard car but with some basic mods to switch the plates and keep it off the grid if you pick up a tail.

SB-Microskimmer 1000
Sensor: Camera/Directional Mic/Laser Mic/Omni Mic/Motion sensor/LRF/Olfactory/Atmosphere
+Low Light 500
 +Vision Mag 250
 +Vision enhance R1 500
 +Audio enhance R1 500                 2750             
                                                 159300 spent
                                                    700 on credstik                 
this is a small recon drone, about the size of a can lid. it can be clipped on your belt or kept in a jacket pocket and deployed and piloted from your commlink
so you can scout areas out or record conversations you shouldn't be hearing (the sensor suite has a directional microphone/laser microphone on it and the camera is modded for low light conditions +has a zoom capability)

English N

(for you to choose, potentially sperethiel good language choice)

(for you to choose, but i would recommend at least one connection 4-5 with loyalty 2-3)

Obviously this guy is just a shell of a character and has no personality. feel free to play around with qualities, choose your knowledge skills and allocate your 20 contact points as you see fit.
Think of a backstory; we're based up north and this char has a middle lifestyle + some cyber. perhaps (s)he was born into a well to-do family who had a career planned out for him/her as a mover and shaker in the corp world? perhaps (s)he is a socialite who ended up on the wrong side of the tracks?
have a think about the character you want to play and be aware that a face has to deal with all-sorts of characters and social settings and be able to negotiate to his/her advantage.
I've tried to build you a fairly capable and well rounded character, combat is the obvious weakness here but you can't be good at everything! you've got good enough skills with the stun baton that you can competently defend yourself at any rate.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #32 on: <06-15-14/0750:13> »
Oooh, that sounds good. Definitely interested.

Hmm... I've got two ideas. One's for an old ork adept with a strong sense of professionalism, probably focused on throwing and improvised weapons. I'd like to ask about bringing in the Power Throw power from 4E for this guy, taking increased strength as a power is ludicrously expensive. Maybe Missile Mastery too.

The other's for a street mage just getting into the shadows. Again, I'd like to ask about updating a couple of 4E bits for this character, mostly a tradition (Chaos Magic or Druidic) and a spell (Shapechange/Critter Form).
Hmm, yep, pretty sure we can make a throwing adept work, and those powers shouldn't be too difficult to cost for this edition.
remember that it's only firearms that are heavily restricted in-game. archery skills and exotic weapons like dart rifles and such are fine if that's more the route you'd like to go down. Martial arts in Run n Gun are available also if that's your "thing" too

a druid would definitely work for the british isles, i'd be ok with a modified version of shape change, you'd have to choose one animal form as a totem though and stick to that (ie you'd have eagle as a mentor and be able to shapechange into an eagle, but that would be it)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <06-15-14/0823:32> »
Hmm, yep, pretty sure we can make a throwing adept work, and those powers shouldn't be too difficult to cost for this edition.
remember that it's only firearms that are heavily restricted in-game. archery skills and exotic weapons like dart rifles and such are fine if that's more the route you'd like to go down. Martial arts in Run n Gun are available also if that's your "thing" too

a druid would definitely work for the british isles, i'd be ok with a modified version of shape change, you'd have to choose one animal form as a totem though and stick to that (ie you'd have eagle as a mentor and be able to shapechange into an eagle, but that would be it)

Oh, he mostly does throwing because I like the idea of him not actually having any weapons on him when he walks through security. He just fights with whatever he can grab. I will probably have points in archery or longarms for niche situations though.

I was mostly thinking of [Critter] Form, the single animal version, anyway. Mostly for something like a thrush or blackbird. Being able to turn into a small bird just sort of fits the character (this may be inspired by the birds I can hear outside my window). I'm cool with taking a mentor spirit to match it.

EDIT Should I just start drawing up both characters or is there one in particular that fits best? I'm more partial to the mage personally.
« Last Edit: <06-15-14/0833:57> by Taejix »

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <06-15-14/0849:27> »
So I've tried replicating the sheet you posted in Hero Lab and I've encountered one minor problem, it's saying the capacity on my earbuds are overspent?

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <06-15-14/0859:13> »
So I've tried replicating the sheet you posted in Hero Lab and I've encountered one minor problem, it's saying the capacity on my earbuds are overspent?

They are indeed. I'm guessing he forgot that Spatial Recognisers are 2 capacity.

I'd say drop the R1 Audio Enhancement to make it fit. Never did like stuff that only useful with the wireless on.

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <06-15-14/0906:09> »
Cool beans. Can anyone post details of the Berwick Suit and the Mortimer Greatcoat? I only have the basic book and I can't find details of these.

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <06-15-14/0922:04> »
They're in Run & Gun.

The suit is armour 9, adds 1 to your social limit, has a concealability of -2 and adds +1 to social dice pools as a wireless bonus. The coat is armour 10, or adds +3 if worn with the suit, and has the same benefits save for a -3 on concealability.

EDIT Okay, so I don't actually have Shadows of Europe in my collection and it's not on drivethru or anything. Whilst I try to rectify this I'm going to have to fall back on the Sixth World Almanac.

EDIT2 Wow, look at this timeline. We get nuked in some form four times so far (2047) and apparently they can't keep track of who the reigning monarch is.
« Last Edit: <06-15-14/0949:53> by Taejix »

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <06-15-14/0935:50> »
Okay, I've managed to look at Run & Gun now.

I'm pretty happy with everything on the sheet - I've decided that his allergy could be to antibiotics - essentially a Shadowrun version of a penicillin allergy.

One minor thing that I'd like to squeeze on to my sheet that I didn't see in a skim through though - there's custom high-fashion armor, but what about helmets? I've decided to go with the idea that the character is high-born, a minor aristocrat who runs the Shadows for the thrills (and because he likes to keep himself comfortable) and I was thinking that a bowler hat would suit his image. Traditional bowler hats are quite tough (accounts go that when the first customer of the Bowler brothers arrived to collect it, he stamped on the hat twice to make sure it was tough. It passed). I figure that it could have an updated twist in the future and provide some benefit in a firefight.

Since I don't have the Run & Gun module for Hero Lab I've included as much as I can other than the armor clothing, and I'm going to with "Flash Henry" as a handle. Background will follow shortly.

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <06-15-14/1016:27> »
I knew I remembered reading a bit on the UK somewhere in my collection.

Found a decent write up in Dirty Tricks with some bits in Conspiracy Theories and Spy Games. Much better than relying on the almanac.
« Last Edit: <06-15-14/1018:54> by Taejix »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #40 on: <06-15-14/1034:46> »
Okay, I've managed to look at Run & Gun now.

I'm pretty happy with everything on the sheet - I've decided that his allergy could be to antibiotics - essentially a Shadowrun version of a penicillin allergy.

One minor thing that I'd like to squeeze on to my sheet that I didn't see in a skim through though - there's custom high-fashion armor, but what about helmets? I've decided to go with the idea that the character is high-born, a minor aristocrat who runs the Shadows for the thrills (and because he likes to keep himself comfortable) and I was thinking that a bowler hat would suit his image. Traditional bowler hats are quite tough (accounts go that when the first customer of the Bowler brothers arrived to collect it, he stamped on the hat twice to make sure it was tough. It passed). I figure that it could have an updated twist in the future and provide some benefit in a firefight.
That could fit, but a bowler hat is a lot smaller physically than a helmet so I'd rule that it would forego capacity for modifications, but wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb like a proper helmet would. it'll still cost 100

Since I don't have the Run & Gun module for Hero Lab I've included as much as I can other than the armor clothing, and I'm going to with "Flash Henry" as a handle. Background will follow shortly.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #41 on: <06-15-14/1036:12> »

Oh, he mostly does throwing because I like the idea of him not actually having any weapons on him when he walks through security. He just fights with whatever he can grab. I will probably have points in archery or longarms for niche situations though.

I was mostly thinking of [Critter] Form, the single animal version, anyway. Mostly for something like a thrush or blackbird. Being able to turn into a small bird just sort of fits the character (this may be inspired by the birds I can hear outside my window). I'm cool with taking a mentor spirit to match it.

EDIT Should I just start drawing up both characters or is there one in particular that fits best? I'm more partial to the mage personally.
I can def make a combat adept fit and I can def make a magic user fit, if you're happier with the mage then try that one first as it'll need less houseruling to make work

They are indeed. I'm guessing he forgot that Spatial Recognisers are 2 capacity.

I'd say drop the R1 Audio Enhancement to make it fit. Never did like stuff that only useful with the wireless on.
apologies, was working from memory!

BTW, I need a techie so if someone would be kind enough to build a decker/mancer that'd be great (i'd rather have a PC running that role than an NPC ideally)
« Last Edit: <06-15-14/1039:55> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <06-15-14/1105:06> »
Working on the mage then.

Do you know what the law regarding the awakened is in the UK? Licences, registration etc.

Also, how did (does?) the NDM go about recruiting? I don't have access to any 3E books unfortunately.

freerunner

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <06-15-14/1119:45> »
I was hoping to play my mystic adept elf that if previously knocked up. I'm working on the best way to go without firearms as it was a main part of the concept. I'll post as soon as I've got the fundamentals sorted. nearly there.

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <06-15-14/1143:48> »
According to Shadows of Europe:

The Licencing Bureau in London strictly regulates legal magic use within the UK. DNA samples are mandatory, but you'll discover many who won't register and continue to practice their art regardless. Harsh as the potential penalties are, they're far less preferable than a ritual sending.

A large segment of the UK's Awakened community follows a variant of hermeticism, which aspires to some aspects of the ideals and symbolism of traditional druidism... The magical colleges at Oxford and Cambridge are National Druidic Movement strongholds. The former provides many corps with their wagemage needs, while the latter does a lot of thaumaturgic research. Edinburgh graduates, on the other hand, are chosen by merit rather than title or wealth, and it's famous for its liberal freethinkers and eccentric professors.