NEWS

LFG UK

• 132 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #15 on: <05-09-14/0418:24> »
no worries! farmers and those who lives on the borders of the deadzones will still have sporting rifles/shotguns though to keep the paracritters at bay; they'll just need licenses for them
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ninjacop

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <05-09-14/1024:36> »
Quick question, it says that hackers can write programs with the software skill (which I'm taking). Would I have to pay for starting programs or should I assume that since I wrote them they're free?
You’re a shadowrunner. You run in the shadows. You don’t run in plain sight.  That’s why we don’t call you a plain-fucking-sight-runner.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #17 on: <05-09-14/1251:01> »
Nah, nothing in this game is free mate. You'll have to pay for them i'm afraid. you're more than welcome to tweak and upgrade them with the software skill as per unwired, but it is a lengthy process.
The alternative is to use pirated versions and patch them (its cheaper) but they will be glitchy and full of spam/viruses so you'll be facing crashes/slowdowns/bugs etc until you iron out the kinks yourself.
feel free to zap anything over to me for approval anyways mate, you've got bags of time (pbp doesnt move quickly!)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ninjacop

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <05-10-14/0925:27> »
I've finished the first draft, here's the link http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=886371
You’re a shadowrunner. You run in the shadows. You don’t run in plain sight.  That’s why we don’t call you a plain-fucking-sight-runner.

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <06-01-14/1152:09> »
I'm also a UK based player if vacancies should arise in the future!

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <06-06-14/0712:31> »
I too am UK based, Hampshire specifically, and looking for a game.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <06-06-14/0812:18> »
Looks like we've got enough of a squad for a pure UK game on here. whats your availability like for posting? please be honest as i've lost a lot of players when doing these
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

freerunner

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <06-06-14/1412:57> »
I'm also in the UK, in sunny Scotland (well it is at the mo) and really would love to get involved in a pbp.

I'm pretty much a noob but feel I've got a decent enough grasp of the 5th edition rules though I'm sketchy on decking and rigging.

Got a character ready to go: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16835.0.

Let me know if you need a player  😀

cr4kp0t

• Omae
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #23 on: <06-07-14/0113:05> »
well cs if your starting another group. there is a yorshire lad here willing to post most as you know already.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #24 on: <06-13-14/1004:47> »
right then, due to the death of one of the pbp's i was playing in, i'm gonna start a UK based one-shot.

Basic houserules:
All firearms are considered as rating 2xF and anything with FA/BF mode has a further +4 avail mod on it.
Exemptions are shotguns and sports rifles (without BF/FA mode), which are all rating +4R and therefore can be licensed.
(guns are still available from the right people, but their use outside of the slums will draw huge police response. use and use wisely!)
-melee will play a bigger part in terms of combat, and non-lethal ranged combat options like tasers and pain inducers will be common.
-Most cops will not be armed with lethal weaponry due to low gun crime rate, basic corpsec also will not be routinely armed. corps' HTR teams will be armed though, and all police units have an armed response unit as they do today.

-Magic; due to the activation of the leylines throughout british isles, there is a greater proportion of awakened. take that into account when thinking about your opposition.

i'd like at least one techie (decker/rigger/mancer etc) and a team of four players.
it'll be standard 5e chargen, all characters viable but will need to be verified by GM first.
-run n gun, gun heaven 3, stolen souls, bullets + bandages are all available for use.
background will be loosely tied in with shadows over europe (3e book) but with some tweaks (yakuza are not prevalent for example)
Missions will take place in varying cities across the north of england + scotland but you're free to create characters from anywhere in europe. further afield will need a really good backstory as to how you got here!

Edit: we will also be heading outdoors quite a bit, so if you want to take some less used skills like survival etc, it would come in handy at times. likewise, riggers will get use out of watercraft too
« Last Edit: <06-13-14/1009:51> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <06-13-14/1523:18> »
I'm a newcomer to Shadowrun rules, so I'd probably be safer to play something other than the techie or the magic user?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #26 on: <06-13-14/1537:05> »
How does playing the face sound?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <06-13-14/1606:28> »
Yes, I think I can work with playing the Face!

griffalo

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <06-14-14/1245:30> »
I could probably use some help with the sheet - since i'm new to character creation in Shadowrun I

a) Don't know what makes a 'strong' character
b) Am forced to rely on the Sample Characters and am having a hard time adapting it to the game and making him more British.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #29 on: <06-14-14/1404:21> »
I'll write up a skeleton character for you mate and we'll talk through how you can make him yours
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor