NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1440 on: <03-15-16/1829:06> »
Clementine's bullet seems to go where it is supposed to, but the target is no longer there to receive it.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1441 on: <03-15-16/2258:14> »
Shaking off his surprise, Sam got back to his feet in time to see Clem shooting at something further down the building from where he was. Muttering darkly to himself about looking like a fool, he continued working his way forwards cautiously, alert for whoever was ahead of him.

[spoiler]Crossbow, let me know if you want any sort of perception or stealth roll.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1442 on: <03-16-16/0603:43> »
Seeing that O'Connor was down, Sammy quickly ran on the street towards the wounded team member, zig-zagging a bit as there was a sniper somewhere.  She grabbed him and dragged him behind the nearest cover and then started working on his wounds.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1443 on: <03-16-16/1831:23> »
Both baffled and frustrated that their attacker wasn't there to receive her shot, Clem asked Snow to "Find me that sniper", looking around for its whereabouts.

[spoiler]Sniper Perception 2 ~ Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3: 16d6t5 11 Wow, what a roll! If that doesn't refresh one point of edge, I don't know what will! With this roll, Clem should be almost zen-like aware of where this sniper is, unless he is magically concealed.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/1833:18> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1444 on: <03-16-16/2310:55> »
Snow nods to Clem.  "I will see if I can roust him.  His tag says he is right there.  I can go over and see if you can cover me.  Turn your 'link back on so we can talk."  Se sends a quick note to the boys in the bus, telling them that some idiot mage just set off a fire ball at her location and asks if they can get any help out here from the hospital.  She heads down the stairs and over to the other building, checking to see if the tag for the sniper comes back on.
« Last Edit: <03-18-16/0030:23> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1445 on: <03-19-16/2343:20> »
Okay, best guess, he isn't there anymore.  If he was waiting to take a shot, Snow had sufficiently exposed herself to make some kind of effort at her, unless he was specifically waiting to nail Clementine.  Likely he was moving, but where to?  Probably a flatter trajectory to be able to shoot into the room.  If she didn't move, he would have her cold.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1446 on: <03-20-16/0858:56> »
Hearing Snow's answer aggravated Clem even more. *Drek, he's good* thought the ork as she left for the stairs and back downstairs. She definitely didn't want to be caught flat-footed, so she decided to move and get her rival guessing as well.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1447 on: <03-20-16/0936:56> »
As soon as she dragged O'Connor to safety, she started to work on him to get him back up.  Unfortunately she wasn't all that well herself, so she couldn't push it as much as she wanted.

[spoiler]
heal force 5
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 CM =9: 9d6t5 3
I heal 3P from O'Connor.  This will take me 3 combat turns, so I'm not going to roll inititiative for the next 3 rounds.

drain 1 (DV-2)
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 3
no drain

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1448 on: <03-20-16/1334:34> »
As Torley moved down the balcony, he noted the female runners switching buildings, he also spotted Sammy pulling their resident kamikaze to safety.  Most important though is what he heard, barely, above the windstorm created by the battling spirits.

There was a ringing noise that he didn't identify until he heard the breaking glass, it was boots on metal of someone coming down a fire escape and kicking in a back window, and it was below him.

Snow got her reply as she sprinted across the street, "First respondents are already scrambling, by the way, look up, 3 o'clock high, 'Hey beautiful!'  *waving* "  Her peripheral vision picked up the camera drone with the "Eye Spy News" logo broadcasting the scene live to the Matrix.  Before she could consider shooting it down she saw a half dozen more.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1449 on: <03-20-16/1449:26> »
Snow dives into the other building and pauses to catch her breath.  She sends out two messages.  >>Clem.  This is perfect for the PITO feeds.  Let them see us saving the day and stopping the terrorists.  What do you think?<<   She sends the second to her possible boyfriend.  >>Hey.  You really think I am beautiful?  Thanks so much.  I will show you how much I appreciate that when we get together again.<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1450 on: <03-20-16/2330:33> »
Getting Snow's message across her field of vision as she was crossing the street, Clem simply thought to herself *She's thinking about her PITO feed at a time like this?* The ork had completely forgotten about her PITO, but now that Snow mentioned it, she turned her link back on and started brodcasting in a 2 minute delay, as Sammy had taught her. She reasoned it was like running a taxi meter in this town, and as long as she was still under heavy disguise, she didn't mind the attention.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1451 on: <03-22-16/1659:52> »
Sam swore when he realized what he was hearing. He glanced to the side and saw the security fencing, quickly discarding any thoughts of trying to cut off his target through semi-suicidal heroics. Not wanting to draw any excess attention to himself, he turned his 'link back on and sent a message to Snow and Clem. Target on the move, going through a room below me. Then he hurried along the hallway, checking each door as he passed to see if it was open.

[spoiler]OOC: Yes, Sam could probably shoot a door open, but that's not his style (and I doubt he's got what it takes to kick a door open either). Hopefully the sniper didn't lock the door behind him/her when (s)he started running, or someone else's door is open..[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1452 on: <03-22-16/2111:14> »
As Torley turns on his link to send his message, ignoring warnings waiting for him about how to properly respond to a terror attack (hole up, call the authorities), he is confused by what his link is showing him.  He is close enough to the "Undesirable" tag to know that it is definitely above him on the roof, but he is sure about what he heard as well.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1453 on: <03-29-16/1726:40> »
Frustrated by a lack of good options on the third floor, Torley hustles down the far staircase and comes back to the second.  Seeing his partners coming his way he goes to meet them, trying to scan rooms with his peripheral vision.

The third room is the jackpot, but he almost misses the sniper setting up behind a couch.  Whoever he is, he is really good at hiding.  Luckier still, the gunman apparently has ignored him as a threat, or he might already be bleeding out. Even though his heart is hammering, he maintains a casual pace and posture as he considers options.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1454 on: <03-30-16/1514:17> »
Once he was past the window, Sam leaned casually against the wall, ensuring that he wasn't visible to the sniper inside. Pulling out his 'link as if checking the news, he sent a message to Clem and Snow. Found the target; sniper in the room next to me covering this entrance. There's also a fire escape on the back I heard him using. Thoughts?