NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1410 on: <02-21-16/1753:35> »
"Sammy, stay and help Con. Snow, you're with me, we're going to find our targets" said the ork as she motioned with her hands in opposite directions. She then holstered her SMG and asked Snow "Which way to the closest mark?" before setting off.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1411 on: <02-21-16/1905:20> »
Snow checks the tags and points the way to the closest one.  She picks up her medkit and goes with Clem.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1412 on: <02-22-16/1212:27> »
Time to get rid of that spirit, Sammy thought as she gathered her will.  Banishing wasn't easy, but it was easier than trying to stunbolt it away.  She only hoped it wasn't bound, as that would make it a lot more difficult.  On the other hand, if she managed to get a bound spirit away, it would be a much bigger blow to the opposition.

[spoiler]
banishing:
magic 5 + banishing 3 =8: 8d6t5 2
use edge to re-roll misses.
reroll misses (6): 6d6t5 1
3 hits in total.

spirit can counter-roll force (5 in this case) unless it's bound, then it's force + summoner's magic, in which case we're screwed.
I need to know the hits, as the drain is twice 'spirit hits'.
the advantage is that if the spirit is on remote service (out of the line of sight of the summoner), one net hit is enough to get rid of it.

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1413 on: <02-22-16/1938:01> »
The spirit seems confused and somehow miffed that O'Conner is ignoring it.  The air temperature all over the area drops 10 degrees Celsius as the being draws freezing air into  an elemental strike on the gun man.

Spirit bolt attack on O'Conner: 13d6t5 5

It does take note of Sammy, when she fails to banish it.

Resist Banishing: 11d6t5 3

Snow points Clem toward the eastern building, where the signal appears to be on the second floor, 3 perhaps 4 doors down.  She notes the other signals as she minimizes a window showing a PSA for proper responses to a terrorist attack, the ground based one had moved to the far end of the building they were entering, and the western building's (the one Torley is entering) signal appeared to be at the far end of the third floor.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1414 on: <02-22-16/2302:18> »
Snow mutters to Clem.  "Need to work quickly.  The trix is full of warnings about terrorists in the area, and I would assume Con is the terrorist.  I would expect an HRT of some sort soon, as this is not the slums.  Could help us, but might hurt poor Con."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1415 on: <02-24-16/0338:30> »
Combat Round 2: Initiative Pass 3
O'Connor ducked out of the way of the spirit's attack, "Anytime now, Sammy!"

[spoiler=Dodge]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 + Specialization Ranged 2 - CM 2 = Pool 17

Dodge: 17d6t5 7
[/spoiler]

Combat Round 2: Initiative Pass 4
O'Connor continued to advance on the drone as he reloaded his rifle.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1416 on: <02-28-16/0020:01> »
Clem and Snow move up the stairs to the second floor, weapons ready.  There is a noise out ahead of them, and they reach the landing, ready to start exchanging lead.  What they find is no less than 9 kids, not really showing an awareness of the runners as they stream past at full speed, each with a backpack or drawstring bag carrying their worldly possessions.  The last is a girl, maybe 14, carrying a baby and diaper bag in addition to her load.  She notes the weapons of the women, but after a moments hesitation she squeezes past them on the rail and races down the stairs, calling after the children in some Hispanic dialect.

Turning back to the balcony, they see three adults, much more heavily laden.  Four technically, if you count the ancient being cradled in the young man's arms.  The parents of this brood are also there looking frightened.  You note a heavy pistol stuffed unholstered in the man's belt, but he looks too scared to use it.

The open door behind them is one that belongs to the room NEXT to the one the signal is emanating from.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1417 on: <02-28-16/0119:19> »
Snow hisses at Clem, "The tag's signal is coming from the room next to that open door.  So are we trying to capture or kill?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1418 on: <02-28-16/0241:56> »
Clem whispered back to Snow "Incapacitate." The ork then motioned with her head and asked Snow to "quickly ask them how many and where the aggressors are." She then put a finger on her mouth, telling the people inside the room to be quiet. She stayed vigilant while trying to show them through her body language that Snow and Clem wanted them no harm.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1419 on: <02-28-16/2202:46> »
Snow nods and catches the attention of one of the people passing her.  She points to the door in question and in a low voice, she asks, "Do you speak any English?  Who lives there?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1420 on: <02-28-16/2213:38> »
Snow gets a headshake and the women crossing herself as she rushes past her.  "NO!...no say!..no!"
« Last Edit: <02-28-16/2235:51> by Crossbow »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1421 on: <02-28-16/2216:01> »
Snow watches the woman go past and turns back to Clem with a chuckle.  "Guess I should try to learn some Spanish if we are going to be here for a while."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1422 on: <02-28-16/2341:42> »
Combat Round 3: Initiative Pass 1
Initiative 11

O'Connor continued to rush forward as he aimed for the last drone. Unfortunately his aim was hampered by him throwing up in his mouth, unable to hold the churning feeling in his gut at bay any longer.

[spoiler]
Simple Action: Take Aim

Simple Action: Wide Long Burst
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Take Aim 1 - CM 2 - Nausea 2 = Pool 6
Automatics: 6d6t5 3
Wide: - 5 to Defense
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1423 on: <02-29-16/1222:41> »
"Working on it," Sammy shouted back.
'So the banishing didn't work,' she thought, 'then we go with the old stand-in, the stunbolt.'

So that was the next plan, just throw a big stunbolt and try to take it out that way.  She gathered the mana and threw the stunbolt at the spirit.

[spoiler]
force 9 stunbolt.
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 -1CM=10: 10d6t5 2

drain 3:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 5
no drain

spirit can roll willpower against.
DV is 9+ net hits.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1424 on: <03-02-16/1340:49> »
As he climbed the building, Sam could hear the sounds of combat fading. Sounded like Con was still shooting and people were still screaming, though, so things couldn't be going too badly, he figured. As he approached the third floor, he started moving more quietly, trying to find whoever was hiding up there without alerting them to his presence.

[spoiler]I'm not sure how far Sam can get in a single combat turn (25 meters, but on stairs?), so I'll leave it to the GM to determine when Sam gets to the third floor/how long it takes him to perform a sweep. Also not sure if I need to roll an infiltration, perception, etc. test.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!