NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1380 on: <01-24-16/1228:34> »
Snow looks at the buildings as the team approaches them from the north.  "OK.  What is our play here.  I would recommend no guns with bullets as any misses might hit innocent people.  Does anyone have extra stick and shock rounds for a Predator IV?  And do you want me to leave my 'link on to try to jam theirs in turn as we take them down, or are we going after all three at once?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1381 on: <01-24-16/1257:59> »
"I can throw stunbolts, but then I want to take out the mage first so he can't interfere with anything," Sammy said.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1382 on: <01-24-16/2244:29> »
O'Connor decided to ignore Snow's recommendation about guns. He did however throw in his two nuyen on the situation, "Doubt any of 'em will keep those infected links for long. This is our only shot, so no one can get away. We have the numbers. We should divide into teams and take 'em all out in one go."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1383 on: <01-24-16/2258:34> »
Having made her comment, Snow elects to remain silent as the others chime in.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1384 on: <01-25-16/0203:17> »
"I'm not in favour of splitting," Sammy said, "without links we can't coordinate or shout for help if one group runs in trouble.  And also as soon as you leave the line of sight of the spirit, the concealment effect will drop for you and you will also have trouble seeing us as at that point you are not part of this group anymore as far as the spirit is concerned.  We just have to hit the first ones so hard and so quickly that they don't have time to warn the others."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1385 on: <01-25-16/0259:34> »
Clem nodded at Sammy's plan. "I think that is a sound idea. The point is not to capture everyone, but to find out what they wanted with us. For that, we just need one of them to talk to us, so I personally don't care if the others get away. If we geek the mage first, the rest should be easy to take care of."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1386 on: <01-25-16/0449:56> »
"which one first then," Sammy asked, "I suggest hitting like a Kansas tornado, giving them no chance to do anything.  As soon as we have one, we tie him up, let Sam do his magic to make him talk while we go to the next one.  Two is always better than one, that way you can verify things."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1387 on: <01-25-16/1059:05> »
Sam wasn't very happy with the approach the others were discussing, but he was careful not to let it show too much in his body language. "Snow, how hard would it be for you to see what sorts of 'anti-social' behavior their commlinks are warning them about? That could give us some intel on who they are, what they've been doing, right? I mean, right now we don't know drek about these guys, beyond the fact that they've got a mojoman, a hacker, and a military-quality sniper. What do they even look like?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1388 on: <01-25-16/1906:32> »
O'Connor's expression soured, "This close together, the others will hear us take down the first target no matter what. After that they'll scatter, or a firefight will break out. Either we intentionally leave loose ends, which is fraggin' retarded, or the bullets start flying. That I'm always in favor of, but you're all always bitching about collateral damage. So tell me again, how is this a good plan?"

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1389 on: <01-25-16/2344:23> »
Snow looks at Sam.  "Let me see, Sam.  I can try to use my link just to get a look at the new AROs and see if they tell me anything."  Snow focuses on locating the 'links of the opposing team.  She expects that the virus will allow her to see something since it wants others to know when people are bad. She is looking for any information that would tell her what they do that is bad.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1390 on: <01-29-16/0100:24> »
Your plots and plans seem to have taken too long, as the action of the moment begins in earnest.  As might be expected, the one of your number that could most closely be associated with action is the only able to truly respond to what is occurring.

The explosion of a sedan at the far end of the street begins the festivities, the light reflects off the turrets of two combat drones, one ground based, one a rotor model, that come from that direction. While neither were not the source of the explosion,  their arrival seems to be oddly coordinated with the event.  Obviously, people begin to lose their minds.

(O’Conner is the only one who beat the surprise level , so he is the only one that will take actions for now)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1391 on: <01-29-16/0350:56> »
Combat Round 1: Initiative Pass 1
Initiative 13

O'Connor grinned like a fat kid in a candy store when the explosion went off, "Lets party!" He moved towards the nearest available cover and took aim at the aerial drone through the scope on his rifle. "Alright Mira, time to get some payback." He squeezed the trigger, releasing a withering hail of bullets. As it always did, the complete lack of recoil brought a smile to his face. He'd designed Mira well, and Darrell had built her perfectly to his exacting specifications.

[spoiler]
Simple Action: Take Aim - Lock on with vision magnification

Simple Action: Narrow Long Burst
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 - CM 1 = Pool 8 (Recoil: 5 - Compensation: 6)
Automatics: 8d6t5 3
M23 6P + Explosive Round 1P + Narrow Burst 5 + Hits 3 = Damage 15P - Defense
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-29-16/0607:27> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1392 on: <02-01-16/1923:35> »
One or two rounds in the burst hit the drone, but seems to ricochet off its armor.  It starts to gain attitude as it fires a grenade which engulfs your position and covers the rest of the team as well.

The rest of the team starts to get a sense of things going wrong with the smake surrounding them, though the have yet to identify the source of any attackers.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1393 on: <02-01-16/2246:44> »
Combat Round 1: Initiative Pass 2
Initiative 13

O'Connor was rather perturbed that the drone didn't go down. He thought that Sammy's spirit mumbo jumbo made them invisible and the enemy sitting ducks. He gave a mental sigh, *What's the damn point of all this being careful and planning drek, if it never gives us any advantage?* He pushed forwarded to get clear of the smoke. He continued to fire wildly on the aerial drone.

[spoiler]
Simple Action: Running
Strength 3 + Running 2 - CM 1 = Pool 4
Running: 4d6t5 3
+6 meters to movement

Simple Action: Wide Long Burst
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 - CM 1 - Smoke 2 - Running 2 = Pool 4
Automatics: 4d6t5 1

Wide: - 5 to Defense.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-01-16/2302:51> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1394 on: <02-02-16/2104:12> »
The rotordrone continues to rise, avoiding your continued fire.