NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1050 on: <09-14-15/0201:39> »
Snow clears her throat and in a small voice says, "It was clearly pointed out that my last conspiracy idea was drek, but we might still want to look into the guy who made the tapes.  I think it is at least a place to start."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1051 on: <09-14-15/0207:33> »
O'Connor smirked at the rest of his team, "I was considering tracking that goat freak down for fun, might as well get paid to do it."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1052 on: <09-14-15/0223:57> »
Snow is surprised that someone has actually accepted her idea.  She sits back, waiting for the plan and what her role in it will be.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1053 on: <09-14-15/0231:44> »
Sammy shook her head.  O'Connor reminded her of some people she met during her youth, before she managed to escape.  It was clear to her that for him the adagio was applicable that you 'could take the hood out of the barrio, but you couldn't take the barrio out of the hood'.

"That might be indeed the only lead we have," Sammy said to the team before she turned to Fermin, "in the press releases there were no addresses where the killings took place.  Can you please provide us with those addresses so we can, if needed, match people to a certain location.  I'd rather not kill the wrong people."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1054 on: <09-14-15/0238:14> »
Snow remembers something that has been nagging at her.  Her voice is stronger, since the subject is in her line.  "Is anyone still getting that interference on their commlinks?  How are the secondary systems working out?  Perhaps I can still set something up with that tech to help examine them."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1055 on: <09-14-15/0824:39> »
"I would like that," Sammy said to Snow, "I didn't like the way my system was behaving.  It should alert me to intruders.  Well, if it really was a hacker and he was in full VR, he will have a headache now.  But the system will have to be looked at and cleaned up.  And maybe next paycheck invest in a bigger firewall."

She turned back to Fermin.
"Sorry, sir," she said, "Some glitch or other in my commlink.  Bon, back to the mission at hand.  As soon as I have the address, I'll hop over in the astral to see if I can find something there, like an astral trail I can follow."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1056 on: <09-14-15/1041:58> »
Snow nods.  "Mine is still acting up as well.  The secondary is working better.  If I can get the main commlink from everyone I can try to see if I can find and fix the issue.  I have a couple of metas that I can pass out if someone only has the one." 

She holds her hands to take the 'links and looks at the gathered team.  "Unless anyone has any objections, I am off to look for Crenshaw.  He might be able to help me work this out."  Leaving the room, Snow goes looking for her tech friend.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1057 on: <09-14-15/1136:43> »
Sam hadn't noticed anything unusual with his 'link, or, at least, more unusual than normal, so he just shrugged and handed it to Snow when she asked for it. "Let me know when we're ready to move. I'm going to go see what I can find out." So saying, he turned and left the room, scanning the various stars, starlets, and techs as he strolled around the set, looking for anyone who didn't seem to be reacting to the news in a usual manner, idly scanning conversations as he passed for anything that might point him in the right direction.

[spoiler]Crossbow, feel free to roll any necessary perception checks for Sam. I'm assuming his kinesics will help him read the body language of the people he's passing.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1058 on: <09-14-15/1329:46> »
As O'Connor exited with his team, he got a new influx of anger management and stress relief tips. He growled as he pulled out his commlink and started yelling at it, "I handle my anger and stress just fine. Killing the people that stress me out does wonders." He continued to give the device dirty looks, "The frag is up with this piece of drek? This thing is either trying to be a killjoy or is just mocking me. All day, nothing but firearms are dangerous and don't kill people. Last night it was all don't do drugs and always wear a condom. I'm about ready to put a bullet through the damn thing."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1059 on: <09-14-15/1840:44> »
Giggling, Clem said "I'm stuck on calorie counts for everything I see myself" before handing her commlink to Snow.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1060 on: <09-14-15/2309:23> »
Snow laughs softly at the comments from her team mates.  She takes the 'links and goes looking for Crenshaw, starting at the location she had seen him before.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1061 on: <09-15-15/2148:38> »
Snow finds Crenshaw still in the area where he was when the box with the weapons was taken for camera checks.  He is huddled around a portable holoprojector with he others that were working with him watching a memorial rebroadcast of "Daee of the Rising Sun, Christy Daee live from the Tokyo Dome" from last year.  Some of the others are crying openly, but Crenshaw just looks striken. 

When he sees Snow he jumps up immediately and comes to her, wrapping her in as comforting a hug as his skinny arms would manage.  While holding her, he says "Hey, sorry, I was going to come find you, but Colin had the holo and we all just got a little lost.   How are you doing?  Are you okay?" he asks, his voice full of concern.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1062 on: <09-15-15/2340:15> »
Snow molds her body to his as he hugs her, making sure that her chest presses against his.  She nods, a bit crestfallen.  "I.....I barely knew her, but her music was very good.  I only really just got to know her and now she is gone.  She will be hard to replace."  She puts a soft hand on his arm and says, "Thank you for asking.  That means a lot."  She looks over at the holovid.  "Anything new on how.  Or why?  I mean, who would do such a thing?" 

Snow stands close to the tech after the hug and looks up at him, smiling a bit nervously.  "I have a question for you, but don't know if I should bother you with it.  All of our primary comms have suddenly been getting a lot of drek tossed at them.  Sort of like someone is messing with us.  Secondary comms are not affected."  Here, Snow puts a finger to Crenshaw's chest and moves it down a few inches.  "I have tried all I can think of and no real fixes.  I was wondering if you might be able to help me?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1063 on: <09-16-15/0041:51> »
Crenshaw is still a bit in shock but quickly recovers when Snow asks him to help her.  "You got it, no problem. TOMMY!  Come help us take a look at these comms!" at the look of surprise from Snow, he quickly covers, "Don't worry, Tommy's cool, he has a sister that works the shadows back in the CAS, very sharp."

He takes the comms from Snow and moves away from the movie set, "Let's get some privacy..." realizing that he might have said something crude, he tried to backpedal...badly.

"I mean, the three of us should be alone...s-ssoo we can work on you...I mean, your commlinks.  THE THREE OF US SHOULD GO BACK TO OUR SHOP SO WE CAN WORK ON THE COMMLINKS!"

Tommy stops walking over in for a second, and the rest of the group looks up as Chrenshaw shouts.  One of them, a guy Snow met at the club the other night, gives a wave to her and a quick "Hi!" and goes back to watching the concert, but he's the only one not looking at the two of you.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1064 on: <09-16-15/0150:02> »
Snow giggles a bit as she moves to join Crenshaw, putting an arm through his.  Leaning a bit closer, she whispers.  "It is alright.  I am a big girl, or have you forgotten that already?  Maybe I should show you again."  She stands on tip toe and gives Crenshaw a peck on the cheek then lets him lead her to the work room with Tommy.  She nods at the other tech, but her stance clearly indicates that it is Crenshaw who has her attention.

Once in the shop she gives all of the 'links to the techs, except hers.  "At least two of these are fairly high-end and should have had enough firewall and scanning going on to prevent this sort of interference."  She blushes a bit then says, "I am afraid mine is implanted.  Will you two be able to work on me?"