NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1005 on: <09-05-15/2028:37> »
O'Connor nodded with a large grin, "Not hard with these rugged good looks. Helps that they were prowling for a rough and tumble kinda guy." He turned the subject back on Snow, "Kinda suprised you hooked up with the tech. Talk about a guy scoring way outside his league."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1006 on: <09-05-15/2347:37> »
Back out on the set of the movie , around two, and after a half-dozen takes, Big Ben calls for a break. Pandora is handed a towel and water bottle. She sees Clementine and Torley on the job, waves to them and walks over.

“Hey guys!” she says, hitting them hard with her megawatt smile.  You have yet to get over the shock of being so close to Pandora—even Torley, with his magical talents, finds it hard not to be drawn in by the star's charisma—and now she’s also talking directly to the two of you! “You guys kinda work for me now right?  Could you do me a teensy little favor?”

She sits down next to them and talks a little lower, “I am starving! I’d kill for an Organwich Works special with extra avocado, but I’m under this contract with Horizon.” She waves her hands as she gets a little flustered trying to figure out how to explain it. “There’s politics involved, and it basically boils down to avoiding giving the Organwich Sandwich free advertising by having me being recorded with one, plus the craft services people, and the sponsors..... "  She throws up her beautiful hands in surrender. "Would you mind getting me two Organwich Sandwich specials with extra avocado? Please? But we have to keep it just between us, just you and the team, --- our own little shadowrun!!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1007 on: <09-06-15/0002:37> »
Snow looks at Con.  "Thank you so much for saying that.  It does mean a lot.  But the tech guy was providing a valuable service and my finances are a bit tough right now.  I paid in a coin he wanted and would accept."  She nods over to where Pandora is sitting down with Sam and Clem.  "So what is so special about that woman.  Pretty, yes, but lots of women are pretty.  What is it, do you know?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1008 on: <09-06-15/0135:04> »
Awestruck as she was, Clem did give Torley an incredulous look after hearing what Pandora wanted them to do. *A sandwich run?* thought the ork as she turned back around and tried to smile at Pandora, her efforts visible to the pair in front of her. "I guess we could spare someone to get that for you" said Clementine, trying her best not to let her disappointment show through her disguise.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1009 on: <09-06-15/0141:34> »
O'Connor raised an eyebrow, "No disrespect, but you're rather generous with your 'coin' then. The way you had that dweeb wrapped around your finger, he would've crawled through monofilament wire for a kiss." He shrugged at her question, "How does anyone famous get there? Sammy's the one to ask about that. Anyway, I'm taking a power nap. Mind waking me if I sleep through my alarm or if Clem comes calling? I really don't need her bitching me out over a few winks." With that he set his alarm for 15 minutes, rolled over on the crate and dozed off.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1010 on: <09-06-15/0200:51> »
Snow nods and lets Con go to sleep, setting her own watch in case he sleeps through his alarm.  She considers what he has said then shakes her head.  No, her experiences as a corporate hostess girl and Vory prostitute have taught her that her body is a tool and that sex is a tool.  The tech might have been willing to do all of that for a kiss, but now he would more fondly remember the evening and might do something else for her later.  If the cost to her is sex with the man, it is a good trade.  She is quite skilled in bedroom techniques and is more than willing to share her skill set.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1011 on: <09-06-15/1555:33> »
Sammy stayed behind to make sure that the guy understood what they wanted, to arrange for the payment for her own IDs (she had some credsticks) and then arrange for pick-up of the IDs as soon as they were ready.  It would according to the man take between one and two weeks, which was something she thought logical for high quality work.  They had always told her you could have it cheap, fast or good, pick two.  And since they wanted quality and not pay more than regular rates, they would have to wait.

As soon as the man had gone, she went back to the studio as well, first doing another astral check and as it was a break, chatting with people, both crew and actors.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1012 on: <09-06-15/1622:41> »
Snow looks over at Con as her internal clock lets her know that the 15 minutes has passed.  She goes over to him and gives him a gentle shake. 

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1013 on: <09-08-15/1430:55> »
Awestruck as she was, Clem did give Torley an incredulous look after hearing what Pandora wanted them to do. *A sandwich run?* thought the ork as she turned back around and tried to smile at Pandora, her efforts visible to the pair in front of her. "I guess we could spare someone to get that for you" said Clementine, trying her best not to let her disappointment show through her disguise.

Pandora reads Clem's look and continues to smile warmly, "I know that it may seem silly, if anyone in this town would it's me, but you have to understand what the stakes can be for something like this in my position.  A sponsor's contract is a serious piece of business, runners here make a living forging evidence of this kind of breach.  I wouldn't risk it if I didn't trust you all, and you are the only ones I would in this building right now, but if you had one of those Specials you would believe me that they were worth the risk, in fact, let me treat you guys, anything you want."  She presses a credstick into the ork's hands.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1014 on: <09-08-15/1435:07> »
Sam was as incredulous as Clem at the starlet's request, but he was even more dumbfounded when the orc actually agreed. Does Pandora really understand what we do? We're not errand boys who will get you a sandwich from the corner deli for a smile and five nuyen! he thought to himself, carefully keeping his outward demeanor as calm as possible.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1015 on: <09-08-15/1634:22> »
She spotted Pandora talking to Clem and Sam, so she wandered over there.  Some of those stars were very touchy and while Sam was one of the best talkers she had met, he was on unfamiliar ground and she didn't want any problems because a simstar was a bit touchy.
Good afternoon, miss Pandora," she said, "all is well?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1016 on: <09-09-15/0041:23> »
Snow made sure that Con was stirring then went back to sit down against the wall and continues her periodic scans for bugs.  She had been interested in what was going on with the starlet, but had heard enough to know it involved a sandwich run, something she found hilarious.  She stayed where she was because she did not think Clem would appreciate her laughing at the concept.  Here she was almost out of the line of sight of the others and perhaps out of mind for a bit.  Snow is still smarting over the flubs she had made the previous day and needed some alone time to try to figure out how to avoid the same errors the next time out.
« Last Edit: <09-09-15/0155:14> by Mercy Merchant »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1017 on: <09-09-15/0126:25> »
Pandora turned to her with a bit of a pout, "Not really, Richard told me you have done some work here in Cali, maybe you can explain to your friends how important this really is."  she looks at the other two, then her pout turns a little bit angry. "Look, you work for Richard, so just get it done, okay?"  With that, the stands up and marches off, pulling out a pair of shades that probably costs a year's rent for most of you.  Putting them on she marches to a make-up chair and sits, with her comm pulling up reading material.  You think you see a tear starting fall before she turns the chair away.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1018 on: <09-09-15/0209:59> »
"What does she wants," Sammy asked when Pandora has gone.  When she got her answer, she looked at the star.
"it's not that bad," she said, "in fact, it could be a lot worse.  I know a good place not to far from here that makes great Organwich Works specials.  And she's right, they're quite good.  How much has she given you?"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1019 on: <09-09-15/1303:48> »
"I can't believe you two're actually talking about doing this. Not only is this trivial--a sandwich? Really?--but she's just told us that it'd be a violation of her contract, and that runners get paid to fake drek like this. Not to mention that we just went through a rather unpleasant night trying to help another starlet deal with when she did something she didn't want publicly known." Sam shook his head. "Look, I'm all in favor of having a steady stream of jobs, but if those jobs are a result of the Johnson--or someone close to him--being an idiot, count me out."
« Last Edit: <09-09-15/1334:28> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!