NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #885 on: <08-03-15/1526:28> »
After the girls got out the way, O'Connor walked up the hacker, viewing him as the guy who'd know the most and as the weak link in the group. He raised his hand dramatically as if to back hand the guy. What the hacker didn't notice, until he got hit with it, was the pistol that had popped into O'Connor's hand. Said pistol was then shoved into the hackers face, "Come clean now or I start executing you goons one by one until someone does."

[spoiler=Clubs]
Agility 5 + Clubs 3 = Pool 8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Intimidation]
Charisma 2 + Intimidation 1 + Physical 2 + Pistol Custom Look 2 = Pool 7 (7d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-03-15/1639:05> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #886 on: <08-03-15/2332:46> »
Snow nods.  "We are probably looking for cables that seem to disappear into the roof.  The larger ones seem to be a bit older and I do not think that they are what we need.  Look for something smaller.  I am going to try and concentrate to see if I can find the hole in the matrix that could be where the separate node is."

With that, Snow sits down on the roof and blanks out into hot sim VR.  The Snow Queen is moving through the matrix on the roof and the floors below, looking for any suggestion as to where the hidden node might be.  She is looking more where the matrix webs are not rather than where they are.

[spoiler]Let me know what sort of rolls I have to make for this search.[/spoiler]
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #887 on: <08-04-15/2342:59> »
The team manages to quickly scour the the second floor, finding nothing of note.  the private stages allow for a more intimate setting for the girls to work with their clients.  The office is locked, but a swift kick deals with that, for all the good it does, again it contains little to note.  Recording equipment is found in one of the private rooms, but it is a higher quality and current tech besides, including wireless capability, compared to the ancient (turn of the century) junk on the roof.  No coax anywhere.  Excavating the ceiling to trace the cable would be a major project that you are ill equipped to deal with, even if you had the time.

Downstairs the only information of value you get is that Bacchus is a friend of the owner and occasionally works the door for extra nuyen, he hasn't been in in several days. 

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #888 on: <08-05-15/1410:08> »
Sammy went to a spot in the corridor.
"the cable somes in here somewhere," she said, "but where does it go to from here.  We can't rip out the whole of the ceiling.  Maybe we can get out one panel and see which direction the cable goes.  By taking out a panel here or there instead of the whole ceiling we might be able to track it.  Sounds like a plan?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #889 on: <08-05-15/2327:51> »
Snow nods.  "I like it.  There were a couple of chairs in that office there that we can use to stand on.  Shall we get to it?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #890 on: <08-06-15/0539:15> »
"Yeah, alright" said Clem as she got to the office and took a few chairs to stand on. She also looked at something with some weight to it she could use to quickly smash through panels. She reasoned trying to be delicate with this thing would take too much time.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #891 on: <08-06-15/1017:32> »
Snow sees that, whatever else their faults, these guys spared no expense on their chairs.  She has trouble moving one of the massive things about and instead choses to help Clem.  She laughs a bit as they set one in position.  "Fragging heavy chair.  At least it will not tip easily."  She notices a coat stand in the corner of the office and grabs it after the chair is in position.  "This ought to help break a hole in the ceiling."  She takes the rack and begins thrusting it at the ceiling in an attempt to break a hole in it.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #892 on: <08-06-15/1020:16> »
Listening to the chatter on the comm, Sam had a thought. To the women, he asked, "Has there been any work on the second floor recently? Electricians fixing lights, or someone patching holes in the ceiling, something like that?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #893 on: <08-06-15/1434:13> »
Getting no response from the strippers, Sam turned to Con. "Keep an eye on things down here; I'll go check on how things are going upstairs." Once upstairs, he got a brief summarization from Sammy, and started looking to see if he could figure out where the cable likely was, or if there was anything else that might point the team in the right direction.

[spoiler]Perception (visual specialization): 12d6.hits(5)=4
Since that matches Clem's roll, which didn't produce anything, I'm going to go ahead and use edge to re-roll misses. I believe this is Sam's fourth (and final) edge point, until we get a chance to refresh.
8d6.hits(5)=5, total of 9.

Much better. ::)[/spoiler]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #894 on: <08-06-15/1454:45> »
When she got back from a search for the basement, Sam went upstairs, so Sammy took his place to guard the women.
"You are filmed when you are with a client in those rooms upstairs," she asked.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #895 on: <08-06-15/1516:54> »
Sam is wandering around the second floor, looking around, watching the others set up to start breaking through the ceiling when he notices something strange.  The spot where the cable comes in the building is just past the women's bathroom, which is a very narrow utilitarian thing with an open shower and toilet, the only door past that on the wall is the office where the others are getting the furniture for their makeshift scaffold.  Looking at the office though, it doesn't seem like the room is big enough.  Checking along the back wall, Sam starts handling the stuff on the wall and quickly finds a pool trophy that, when shifted, pops open a concealed door in the corner of the room.

The room beyond seems to be what they are looking for, a niche packed with archaic video recording equipment and hardwired monitors.  Adding to the creep factor is a camera set up to record the 'action' in the adjacent bathroom through a large two-way mirror.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #896 on: <08-06-15/1521:31> »
Oh, these guys are into all sorts of drek, Sam thought to himself. Stepping back out into the hallway where Snow was trying to redecorate the ceiling, he called to her, "I think you'd better put that down and come look at this. I suspect it'll be a better use of your time."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #897 on: <08-06-15/1522:25> »
When she got back from a search for the basement, Sam went upstairs, so Sammy took his place to guard the women.
"You are filmed when you are with a client in those rooms upstairs," she asked.

"We do shows for some of the shut-ins that pay well, and do sim chats and stuff.  Nothing illegal." one of the girls explained.  Jimmy made agreeable noises and added, "It's good money, you should look into it, you got a nice look for that kind of thing, you do any acting?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #898 on: <08-06-15/1538:29> »
O'Connor pistol whipped Jimmy again, "Quiet." With the fight over, O'Connor was losing his patience for this place and the hacker was revealing himself a convenient vent for it.

[spoiler=Clubs]
Agility 5 + Clubs 3 = Pool 8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Damage = 2P + Net
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-06-15/1544:06> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #899 on: <08-06-15/1631:37> »
"Thanks, but no thanks," Sammy said, "so none of you know anything about that illegal monitoring stuff on the roof used to film 'shows'?"
She didn't say where the 'shows' where filmed.  From what she knew about these things, they didn't want to be filmed unless they knew up front (and got paid extra).  And if the customers knew they were being filmed without their consent, business would also go down.