NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #825 on: <06-30-15/1449:44> »
O'Connor tensed slightly when the screaming started, half expecting someone to come bursting through the curtain. He wasn't happy just sitting here, he did know how much longer he was going to wait.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #826 on: <06-30-15/1824:08> »
When Torley got into the room and started talking to the screaming women, Clem told O'Connor to <Move forward, I'll come out shortly after you.> The ork then waited a bit to wear off the opposition's expectation of having someone come out from the room where people were screaming. She was trying to take them off guard by having O'Connor come at them from another position, and once they would be adjusting from that she would pull the curtain and assist the street samurai in his offensive.

Meanwhile, she sent a message to Snow, telling her <Everyone's fine, stand down for now and wait for my mark.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #827 on: <07-01-15/1005:29> »
Sam nodded to Con as he passed him, then moved to where Sammy and the three women were and knelt down. Focusing on his voice, he told the woman, "Stop screaming and listen."
[spoiler]Commanding voice: Sam's Leadership + Charisma vs. the orc's Willpower + Leadership. 15d6.hits(5)=6
I'm going to assume that's enough; if not, I'll have to come back and edit this. :)
[/spoiler]
As the woman's scream swiftly cut off, Sam spoke quickly and quietly, before she regained control. "Everything's going to be ok. We're following up on a lead of some illegal activity here--" He gave the women a reassuring smile. "Nothing to do with you ladies, don't worry. But your employer seems to be involved in some pretty ugly drek. Please, come with me into the other dressing room, stay calm and quiet, so my associates can do their jobs. I've just got a few questions for you."

[spoiler]So, Sam's trying to project a law-enforcement vibe. Con roll: 13d6.hits(5)=3 Hrm, not as good as I'd hoped. Using Edge to re-roll misses: 10d6.hits(5)=4, total of 7. Much better.

Assuming the women buy it, Sam will lead them into the first dressing room--which should be further from combat--and try to interrogate them quietly while the rest of the group continues sweeping the building.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #828 on: <07-01-15/1411:20> »
The stripper does stop screaming and listens to Torley, but when he want them to go with him, things take a turn for the worst.

"Frag off breeder, you ain't no cop!!" The ork woman says as she lashes out at him with a knife.

One of the other girls goes to grab his gun hand with the roomsweeper.

[spoiler]WHEN STRIPPERS ATTACK! :) (6d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #829 on: <07-01-15/1523:45> »
[spoiler]WHEN STRIPPERS ATTACK! :) (6d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Sam tries to dodge: 5d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=3

So the knife hits (one net hit), but the grab misses.

Damage resistance: 4 impact armor + 3 body => 7d6.hits(5)=4
[/spoiler]

Sam wasn't fast enough to get out of the way of the knife, but his instinctive movement pulled his gun hand away from the second woman's grab.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #830 on: <07-01-15/1610:33> »
Damage resistance: 4 impact armor + 3 body => 7d6.hits(5)=4

Sam wasn't fast enough to get out of the way of the knife, but his instinctive movement pulled his gun hand away from the second woman's grab.

Fortunately, the tough material of his armor is enough to protect him from harm.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #831 on: <07-01-15/1934:14> »
Three large stages and tiered auditorium seating. The stages are T-shaped platforms, six meters long and six meters wide, with poles every three meters. The auditorium seating is not very private, though the lights all focus on the stage. Beside each seat is a small, round table for drinks. On either side is a four-meter-long bar where trid projectors display miniature versions of the stages so no one misses the action.

Through the open door you can see stairs going up to the second floor.  The x's on the map are all similar looking security goons taking good advantage of the plentiful cover, except for the guy behind the upper bar.  He is also armed, but not as buff as the others.

O'Connor didn't need to be told twice to attack. The moment he got the go ahead, he rushed through the curtain. He quickly assessed the room, "What's up guys?! Don't mind us, we're just here to kill you all!" He fired two tightly controlled bursts at the exposed goon at the bar before moving towards decent cover. He yelled into his commlink to keep Clem apprised, "Got six goons, with solid cover."

[spoiler]
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink 2 = Pool 11 [Recoil 2, 5 | RC 6]
11d6.hits(5)=5, 11d6.hits(5)=2

Damage: Colt M23 6P + Explosive Rounds 1P + Narrow Burst 2p = 9P + net
AP: -1
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-02-15/2310:02> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #832 on: <07-01-15/2049:01> »
Waiting to hear from O'Connor's firearms, Clem poked out of the curtain and assessed the situation quickly. She then spotted the closest person she could find and fired two bursts in his direction.

[spoiler]Short wide bursts First shot 〜 Firearms 4 + Agility 7 - Burst Fire 2 + Gas Vent 2: 11d6t5 1 Second Shot 〜 Firearms 4 + Agility 7 - Burst Fire 2 - Second Burst Fire 3 + Folding Stock 1 + Gas Vent 2 + Personalized Grip 1: 10d6t5 1 no glitches, but those are pretty bad rolls :([/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-02-15/0844:18> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #833 on: <07-02-15/0004:30> »
Snow hears the shots from inside, but remains where she is and waits for Clem to give the word to enter the building.  No one on the net is yelling for a medic yet. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #834 on: <07-02-15/2242:39> »
One of O'Conner's shots struck home as he snapped off shots en route to putting the stage between himself and the return fire coming from all over the room.

[spoiler]defense rolls for the guy O'Conner shot at. (10d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=6)

Body roll for the guy O'Conner shot. (11d6.hits(5)=3)
missed 3 for the body roll (3d6.hits(5)=1)

Wounded Goon shooting O'Conner (5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0)
Other Goons shooting O'Conner (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=0, 6d6.hits(5)=0, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]

The two others shoot at Clem

[spoiler]Goons shooting Clem (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]

Among the sounds coming his way, O'Connor hears a noise he immediately recognizes. The sound of a Predator IV misfeeding and the slide attempting to shear the round off in the chamber.  Pure money to a guy who fixes guns.

His pleasure is short lived however as he also hears another collection of noises, "Lenny, Squiggy, SIC 'EM!!!",  followed by strange whines as two black streaks come at O'Connor, going for hand and throat.

[spoiler]When Critters charge (10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3) [/spoiler]

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #835 on: <07-02-15/2330:44> »
As the goons lined up their shots, O'Connor crouched down to make them aim low. The moment they adjusted their aim, O'Connor sprung into the air, jumping over the barrage of lead. He did a front flip to show off. As the critters lunged at him, he juked to one side and then the other to dodge the things' charges. With the critters in the mix, taking cover behind the stage would be impossible so he adjusted his course for the bar nearest him. There was a lot of ground to cover, but it was a better plan than fighting the creatures while exposed to mass gunfire.

[spoiler=Full Dodge]
Wounded Goon
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2+ Ranged 2 = Pool 19
Dodge (19d6.hits(5)=6) (vs 2: critical success)

Other Goons
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2+ Ranged 2 - Previous Attack 1 = Pool 18
Dodge (18d6.hits(5)=8) (vs 2: critical success)
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2+ Ranged 2 - Previous Attack 2 = Pool 17
Dodge (17d6.hits(5)=8) (vs 2: critical success)
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2+ Ranged 2 - Previous Attack 3 = Pool 16
Dodge (16d6.hits(5)=7) (vs 1: critical success)
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2+ Ranged 2 - Previous Attack 4= Pool 15
Dodge (15d6.hits(5)=6) (vs 3: success)

Attack Critters
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 - Previous Attack 5 = Pool 19
Dodge (19d6.hits(5)=6) (vs 4: success)
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 - Previous Attack 6 = Pool 18
Dodge (18d6.hits(5)=7) (vs 3: critical success)

((OOC: Dodge Tank successful, I love it when a build comes together.  ;D ))
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-02-15/2346:10> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #836 on: <07-03-15/0949:23> »
The screams both bothered and prevented Clem from concentrating. She distractedly got out of her cover position in order to fire on the nearest assailant she could find, missing wide. Instead of tagging him, she had to dive down in order to avoid a hail of shots coming her way. As she crouched, she felt something his her, the familiar sting of a well-placed shot reminding her to keep her head in the game and to ignore distractions.

[spoiler]First attack: Reaction 7: 7d6t5 3 no glitches
Second attack: Reaction 7 - Second Attack 1: 6d6t5 2 no glitches
Third attack: Reaction 7 - Third Attack 2: 5d6t5 0 no glitches
Fourth attack: Reaction 7 - Fourth Attack 3: 4d6t5 3 no glitches

So if I'm reading this right, only the third shot catches her with 3 net hits.

Damage Resistance - Armour 13 + Body 5 + Toughness 1: 19d6t5 3 close but no glitches

Dang, I'm hitting a patch of rotten rolls. I don't know what the total damage is, so I won't take any chances and use edge to reroll misses. Edge Reroll: 16d6t5 6 no glitches.

So that's a big 9 for damage resistance.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #837 on: <07-03-15/1219:49> »
Snow hears the volleys of shots and sends a message.  >>Clem.  Snow.  I am hearing the activity below.  Do you need me to come down the hatch?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #838 on: <07-06-15/1651:02> »
The stripper does stop screaming and listens to Torley, but when he want them to go with him, things take a turn for the worst.

"Frag off breeder, you ain't no cop!!" The ork woman says as she lashes out at him with a knife.

One of the other girls goes to grab his gun hand with the roomsweeper.

Still moving from his dodge, Sam swung his walking stick at the ork's knife hand.
[spoiler]Called shot to disarm; -4 DP, so I'm going to have to use edge and hope. ::)
Clubs (2) + Agility (5) + Personalized Grip (1) - Called Shot (4) + Edge (4) => 8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5

If that hits and the modified DV is greater than the ork's strength (I know, real long shot), then she's disarmed. The staff does 3P damage, base.
[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #839 on: <07-06-15/1846:36> »
Fear gives the Face unintentional power, that and the incredibly unlucky movement of the other girl.  It converges in a perfect storm as the woman's arm is caught between Torley's downward swinging club and his upward swinging pistol.

There is a sickening wet crack as the ork's forearm is broken and the jagged end of both the radial and the ulna rip through the flesh, spraying those nearby with blood. The woman screams in pain as the others cower back crying and the knife goes flipping into the dark

[spoiler]6d6.hits(5)=0

Composure roll for Sam at the bloodshed?[/spoiler]