NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #735 on: <04-23-15/1846:17> »
"No, the mesh is too tight for that" answered Clementine, "but I think I did find a blind spot we could climb on the roof from." Clem then indicated on the map where she thought she saw the opening.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #736 on: <04-23-15/2346:22> »
Snow nods then says, "Do you want me to come along in case there is something I can do up there?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #737 on: <04-24-15/0608:25> »
The ork wouldn't normally want to he hindered by Snow in such a situation, but since they were dealing with electronics and such, her presence would be beneficial. She simply let out a "Yes" and got out of the van, ready to climb on the roof. Once Snow was out and ready, she led her to the blind spot she had seen earlier and tried to get herself up.

[spoiler]Strength 3 + Climbing 2: 5d6t5 4 Not bad of a climb actually![/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #738 on: <04-24-15/1004:12> »
Snow gives an inward groan as she sees how easy Clem made the climb look, knowing that she could not do the same.  <Clem, you made that look so easy, but I cannot possibly take that route.  Maybe there is a fire escape I can use to get up.  Sammy, can you perhaps make me invisible to the camera until I am up then can release me and do yourself?>  She looks along the back of the building to locate a fire escape.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #739 on: <04-24-15/1033:08> »
There is no fire escape, this being a stepped two story building. Clem know this and is really too annoyed with the Russian to waste a lot of time with her.  Instead, Clementine leans back down and grabs Snow, hauling her bodily onto the roof, depositing her on her feet.

(OOC: This is your bonus for a spectacular climbing check Hydro, don't say I never gave you nuthin' ;)  )

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #740 on: <04-24-15/1046:29> »
The roof of The Derma is nothing special.  There is an access hatch, locked from the inside, most likely, AC unit  and not much else outside of the signal receivers you already knew were here.  Now that you are up here you can see that the Cinderblock setup is not unique.  There are several more receivers placed every few feet along the roof, and there are a few transmitters you can see on building that have line of sight of the roof.

The most unusual thing is the coaxial cable that runs to all of the receivers.  It is spider-webbed all over the roof then gathered into a central hub that disappears into the building.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #741 on: <04-24-15/2156:27> »
"Can you tap into any of these things to see what we have?" asked Clem to Snow as she saw the setup on the rooftop. The thought of this place filming and spying on unassuming people disgusted the ork. Calming herself down, she sent a message to the rest of the team. <It looks like these guys are getting feeds from all over the area. This is definitely the place.> Clem thought a bit and sent a follow-up message. <There is a hatch here on the roof, so if we can lure someone outside, we could overpower them and enter the place from 2 different entry points.> Clem turned over to Snow and asked her "Do you think you can find a layout of the place?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #742 on: <04-24-15/2339:16> »
<No magic on the place right? Sammy could send in a spirit to freak some of 'em out, like at the Needle. Then they run right into me.>
« Last Edit: <04-24-15/2345:18> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #743 on: <04-25-15/0045:36> »
<Or we could start messing their equipment over here and when they come up to check it out you guys make your way through the front entrance.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #744 on: <04-25-15/0112:38> »
<Or we do both, you get the drop on roof group, I get the drop on ground group.We hit the building, mop up, done deal.>
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #745 on: <04-25-15/0510:04> »
Snow looks in amazement at the set up on the roof then smiles at Clem and says, "Thank you, boss.  I could not have made that without your help.  Got some interesting stuff up here, don't they?"  The Russian looks around to see if she can see any cameras pointed at them then moves to the central hub.  <This stuff is all very illegal.  I doubt that they will be calling the police if we get noticed.  They might limit their initial response to whatever security is in the building and whatever gangers might be available that offer security.  if they have not had much of a threat here in the past, that security may be as ineffective as the two gangers in the bar.  If we are going to get noticed, I can certainly get me noticed by making a direct assault on the node and getting security up here.  Sammy, Clem and I should be able to hold off whatever they send through the trap door, especially if I take care and bail from the attack as soon as I am spotted.>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #746 on: <04-26-15/2204:06> »
"Alright, go for it" said Clem to Snow, "I'll start smashing stuff meanwhile." She got her katana out and sent a message to the rest of the team before slashing away at the equipment. <Wait for our signal before barging in, we need them to unlock this hatch before anything else happens.> Her identity protected from her new style, Clem decided to start recording her actions on the rooftop, saying "This is what happens to perverts that film people without their consent" to the camera as she started breaking the various receptors, cutting wires as she went along.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #747 on: <04-26-15/2231:42> »
Snow smiles and takes a Hack on the Fly to try to smash into the node.

[spoiler]I have no idea what happened to my posts but I made a roll with one success, used edge to reroll failures and got 2 more.  Second init pass is Hack on the fly second init pass.: 8d6t5 3  Total is 6 hits after two init passes, which should break the firewall.[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #748 on: <04-27-15/2006:12> »
Back in the electronic ether, the Snow Queen is crafting different jewels and offering them to the dancer.  The first simple jewel is simply ignored, but the second catches her eye, though looks a bit puzzled at the Queen's offer, as if wondering what Snow is doing at her show.  (Your hack attempts have triggered an alert)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #749 on: <04-28-15/0005:52> »
Snow continues having the Snow Queen offer treats to the nude dancer in an attempt to buy her off and allow greater access.  The surprised look on the dancer's face indicates that the access has not gone ignored.  <Team.  My hack has been noticed.  I can see the  equivalent of alarms going off.  At this time I have a general user access to the system, but that will not allow me to get control over any of the security systems or block any calls for meat security.  I am afraid that my time in the node is limited.  I will proceed to see if I can get control, but I would advise getting ready to resist physical security while I try to survive in the matrix long enough to perhaps cancel any calls they might have made to the authorities.>

Snow starts weaving her snowflakes tighter about the dancer in an attempt to distract it from her real intention.  She makes the first of her Hack on the Fly attacks.

[spoiler]hack on the fly for security access: Hack on the Fly: 8d6t5 3  First Pass of the next turn.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/0958:14> by Mercy Merchant »