NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #660 on: <03-27-15/0300:08> »
"Sounds like a plan," Sammy said to Clem as she followed her to the car, "let's do it the same way.  I'll check it out astrally and Sam goes in to have a look."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #661 on: <03-27-15/1025:04> »
Snow takes one last glance at the ganger being looked at by the CrashCart guys and leaves the bar.  Going to the car she slides into the back seat and waits for the others.  She checks the team security and encryption software and is pleased to see that all seems to be in order.  Then she sits back and waits for the inevitable chewing out for going into the bar without asking.  It is just a bit hard to be working with a real team after so many years going solo.  *Damn.  I really do want to fit in, but cannot seem to do more than get my feet buried deep in my mouth.  Just have to try to do better.*
« Last Edit: <03-27-15/1028:07> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #662 on: <03-30-15/1514:31> »
The motel is beyond run down; most likely it was flooded after the Twins and since then only the furniture‘s been replaced. (maybe)

The rectangular building lives up to its name, with six rooms in the front and six in the back, the first one on the street side had been converted to an office.

The astral scan returns nothing of interest, beyond the overall depression and negativity common in these areas that were poor before the earthquakes and forgotten after.  There are three people in the entire building, all mundanes, all sleeping.

The locks on the rooms are not networked, but from the logs that Snow is easily able to pull from the simple node that runs the place, none have been serviced by the current owners and complaints are common about faulty operation.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #663 on: <03-30-15/1527:29> »
Sam didn't miss Con's glare, but waited until they were away from the bar before he explained himself. "Hey, about that final bit with the ganger--what I said was for him, not you. I wanted him scared; it wouldn't do for him to suddenly remember how to contact Bacchus and decide to warn him that someone was on the hunt. If he saw me as weak, he might've done that; instead, I hope he's cowering behind a locked door, wondering just how many bullets are in the storm, and how soon it's coming. I'm not sure how much time that would buy us, but I figured it was worth a shot, so to speak." And if it helps us establish a reputation down here, that's not a bad thing, either, he added silently.

When they got to the hotel, Sam opened a channel to the group. Ok, how do we want to do this? Same as the bar? I go in, see what information I can come up with? Or do we have a better option?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #664 on: <03-31-15/0110:04> »
<I vote for the same gameplan, unless you want Con to tag along this time> answered Clem to Torley on the team chat. She then asked Snow for a plan of the hotel, looking if there were any likely escape routes she needed to cover.

[spoiler] Reading the plan and seeing where possible escape routes are. Security Design 4 + Logic 3 (7d6.hits(5)=3) no glitches[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #665 on: <03-31-15/0125:47> »
"Or we can simply go in," Sammy said, "I've spotted only three people in the hotel, and they are all sleeping.  So information gathering will probably not be necessary."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #666 on: <03-31-15/0132:35> »
Snow digs through the same source she used for the plans to the bar, thinking if the bar was there then the fleabag motel had to be available.  She still has her mark on the source so should be able to grab the plans.  <Plans downloaded to you.......now, boss.  The locks are not networked and have not seen any regular maintenance in some time, according to the complaint file in the manager's office.  Is anyone else wondering what a vid superstar was doing in this joint?  This is a bit below simple slumming, in my opinion.  That motel is barely still able to call itself that.  I would hesitate to come down here without you guys to back me up, so why was she here and apparently alone?  I have found no security cameras in or around the building.>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #667 on: <03-31-15/1018:33> »
Sam thought for a moment. Sammy, can you mark where the sleepers are on Snow's map? Do we have a clear path to the office? Place like this isn't likely to have billing addresses for its customers, but there may be something useful in there. He then glanced over at Con. Or Con and I could go wake up the manager and see if we can good cop/bad cop something out of him.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <03-31-15/1238:17> »
"Give me a minute, I'll have to check again for that," Sammy said.  She slipped back out of her body and went back to the motel, now also taking the walls into consideration.  She also checked every aura, to see if they had augmentations or were magically active.  When she got back in her own body, she indicated the location of the three on the map.
"This is correct within a couple of meters," she added, "it's not easy to judge buildings in the astral."

[spoiler]
assensing: I'll do them in order from the closest to our car to the furthest.
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=0, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=5)
I probably won't see much about the first one, but it's luckily not a glitch.  I can probably give a good description of the last one.
[/spoiler]

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #669 on: <03-31-15/1334:11> »
O'Connor responded to Torley's explanation with a simple grunt of acknowledgement. He didn't bother pointing out that it was a crock of drek since it made no sense for the ganger to be scared of a name with no rep. Luckily for Torley, O'Connor wouldn't get any fun out of picking the fight and Clem would bitch him out over it. He messaged the team, <[Recipients: Tm | Source: Text] Managers for these kinds of places always turn a blind eye, so when they say they don't know anything, they're telling the truth. We should just kick in the door of whichever room we need to get into and toss it. Clem or I can deal with anyone that has a problem with it.>
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #670 on: <04-01-15/0303:36> »
"None of the people seem to have any modification, at least not at the level Bacchus should have," Sammy said, "None of them are in the room Sunny Daee was in, so that's an advantage.  So we can have a look without alerting someone if we do it silently.  And if the locks are as shitty as Snow said, it shouldn't be a problem."
« Last Edit: <04-01-15/1526:44> by farothel »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #671 on: <04-02-15/0740:42> »
Clem thought for a moment. "It would probably be better to cover more ground this time. So how about Torley go with Con and talk with the front desk, while I go with Sammy to the room our diva was in? We probably don't even need to sneak in, I'm sure we can rent the room if it's not occupied and have all the time in the world without risking getting bothered by the staff." Realizing she hadn't thought about Snow in her idea, Clementine continued with "And snow can have a look at the Matrix to see if she can't pick up anything that could help us."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #672 on: <04-02-15/1017:24> »
Snow nods then realizes that the rest cannot see that.  <Team  Snow.  Understood.  I am still monitoring the security camera in the bar.  I would not put it past the barman to contact Bacchus to get in good with him.  Other than that I am using my Pito to try to find his new show.  According to the ganger, he is broadcasting all the time, so why have we not seen it?>  She keeps the team comm channel secure and tries to go out on the matrix to look for the signs of this new show.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #673 on: <04-03-15/1118:30> »
O'Connor shrugged, <"Fine. Torley, we should do this hard and fast. I break in, rough him up, and shove a gun in his face. You come in and convince him that talking is in everyone's best interest.">
« Last Edit: <04-03-15/1207:14> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #674 on: <04-07-15/0040:54> »
Snow mentally thumbs the group channel, <Checking for any security nodes in the building.  My earlier check for cameras cane up negative, but there might be some alarm buttons in the managers office/apartment.  Checking now.>