NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <10-05-14/1659:49> »
"Well I guess I can drop one spell since you can see me." the mage said as he almost contemptuously slapped your spell aside, becoming plainly visible as he did so. 

10d6.hits(5)=7

Now that he was visible, the runner mage looks for all the world like a punker Ang, the Last Airbender,  The blue arrows on his bald head and forearms pulsing and moving in holographic neon.

"The name is Pusher, and you should really quit while you can.  You might have dropped Harris, but you ain't got the skillz to sling mojo with me."

Back over by the armor, the scarred man had taken cover in the doorway and popped off two quick shots at Clem.

6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2

On the set, the screams from Pandora grew more desperate as more hands sought to grab her, and the sound of ripping fabric exposed her arm.

(OOC second passes

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #166 on: <10-05-14/2034:40> »
The scarred man took 2 shots at Clem, with the first one connecting and the second one grazing her. Shrugging off the sting from the first hit, she decided to go after her new attacker, running towards him and trying to strike him down with her baton. While she was running towards her target, she yelled "Con's down" to Sammy, attempting to let her know what the situation was on their side of the battlefield.

[spoiler]Reaction 7 - Shocked 2 - Wounds 1 (4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2) no glitches. So the first shot gets one hit, the second one nothing.

Damage resistance with the armor vest and Clem's full-body suit Body 5 + Armour 12 (17d6.hits(5)=9) no glitches

Agility 7 + Unarmed Combat 4 - Strobe 2 - Wounded 1 - Shocked 2 (6d6.hits(5)=0) Close, but no glitch.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-08-14/1004:13> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <10-08-14/1219:05> »
"Oh shit," Sammy muttered when she saw that Clem hadn't seen the mage, so she would have to take him herself.  If magic didn't work, there were always other means.  she took out her defiance shocker and fired a taser shot at the mage.

"The mage I'm shooting is the prime targer," she said over the restored comms.

[spoiler]
agility 4 + pistols 1 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=2)

damage: 8S + net hits, resist with body + half impact armour.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #168 on: <10-17-14/1434:41> »
Seeing you draw and fire a weapon, Pusher hollers out "Hey, no fair!!" as he dives to put the bar between you, the shot from the taser sizzling past his bald head.

5d6.hits(5)=4

OOC:Third pass from Clem, then initiative.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <10-17-14/2202:43> »
Engaged in combat, Clem only had time to shout "I'm busy here. And someone get that light off of me!" as she tried to take another swing at her opponent.

[Spoiler]Agility 7 + Unarmed Combat 4 - Strobe 2 - Wounded 1 - Shocked 2 (6d6.hits(5)=2) no glitches. How many more rounds will the shocked modifier affect Clem?[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <10-20-14/2036:40> »
The scarred man blocks the stun baton into the wall with his pistol.

"You sure you don't want to take a nap tusker?  Seems like you aren't cut out for this line of work." he says with grin.

OOC: New round, roll initiative.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #171 on: <10-22-14/2036:17> »
Clem quickly tries to dislodge her weapon and takes another attempt at trying to hit the scarred man in front of her, deciding not to address the taunt aimed at her.

[spoiler]Agility 7 + Unarmed Combat 4 - Strobe 2 - Wounds 1 - Shocked 2 (6d6.hits(5)=3) no glitches[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <10-23-14/1226:13> »
Clem lands a solid hit on her next stab, though her foe still stands after the triggered shock.  "Best ya got slitch? See howya do with a hole in da head." He slurs in response as he prepares to attack in return.

OOC: Sammy's up

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <10-28-14/0239:12> »
With the mage ducking away, at least his line of sight to some people would be broken, making things easier later on.  But Sammy wanted to take him out first, so she moved to a spot where she could see him again and fired again.  Even if she did miss him, it would keep him occupied.

[spoiler]
agility 4 + pistols 1 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=1)

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #174 on: <10-28-14/1110:42> »
This is not going well, Sam thought to himself. He looked at the stuntmen who were huddled nearby, and decided to act.

Grabbing one of the nearby swords, Sam addressed the stuntmen. "Alright, guys, you see the situation. Someone's gone to a lot of trouble to set this up; sounds like they're after Pandora. Security's not here yet, my friends are doing the best they can, but we need your help. I was watching you earlier, and I know you guys have all trained hard. That's real armor you're wearing; we can take these schmucks. Are you with me?" With that, he thrust the hilt of the sword into the hand of the nearest man and brandished his walking stick.

[spoiler]
Trying for a rousing speech, hoping to get the stuntmen to help out. I think that's leadership:
Leadership + charisma: 15d6.hits(5)=7

Leadership is opposed by leadership + willpower; since I'm working on a group, that's either done by the "leader" of the group, or by the highest dice pool within the group + 2 (since there are two other characters). GM's discretion (SR4a, p.130).

Also, Sam's not skilled with blades, so even if he does end up leading these guys in a heroic charge, he's going to stick with clubbing the goons.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <10-28-14/2206:01> »
The scarred man hears Torley's speech and the reaction from the stuntmen, ("YEAH, LET'S GET THOSE FRAGGERS!") and decides that the run is a bust, dropping a gas grenade as he falls back.

Sammy is unable to land the shot on her target because she can't find him.

She starts to look harder when she hears a rip and a bloodcurdling scream from the set, Pandora is now mostly topless and struggling to her feet against the window.  Her one bare arm is bleeding, as is her scalp.  The prized hank of hair and ripped top visible among the crowd that she is viciously kicking back.

(OOC: additional passes)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <10-28-14/2350:35> »
Clem let the urge to run after the scarred man pass and looked back at the scene, making sure none of the stuntmen (or more importantly, the armours) were in any danger or harm. Once she was sure the area was clear of threats, she told the rest of the team "I'll stay back and keep an eye on the armours, make sure nothing happens on this end. Someone should check what's going on over in the other room."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <10-29-14/0621:07> »
"Time to do something to that crowd," Sammy said.  Unfortunately her spells couldn't do anything about the crowd, except frying them but that might not be the best option.  But she could do something about the target.  She began to cast again, hoping that by making the target invisible, the crowd would stop.  And if nothing else, she might use the confusion to get away.

[spoiler]
Cast improved invisibility on Pandora, so the crowd can't find her anymore.  I'm not sure if it will work, but it's the only option I have for now.
force 3, as that is the maximum I can put in my focus:
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=4)

drain DV2 (F/2 +1):
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=5)
no drain

[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <10-29-14/0842:43> »
The spell have a striking effect.  With no dwarves or trolls in their number, the invisibility leaves the crowd without a target and milling about somewhat confusedly.  Pandora is able to take advantage of the confusion, crawling along window around towards Sammy.

When the gas grenade goes off, the billowing tear gas effectively cuts off the stuntman's staging room unless you want to risk the gas or climb the partition.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <10-29-14/0919:37> »
Now Pandora was safe, Sammy switched sight to the astral to have a look at where the enemy mage could be as well as to see what happened to the spirit.  While invisibility was all fine, he would still leave a trace on the astral.  She also used this way to guide Pandora to her location.
"We need to have a word with building security about their 'speed'," she said over the team channel.

[spoiler]
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)

[/spoiler]