NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <07-23-14/1333:22> »
After she had given her spirit the order to scare the group away, which it started doing, she had to escape herself.  The flow of people she was in brought her close to the bar and she saw her chance.  Never the most athletic of people, she had done some working out for certain roles.  When she was close to the bar she grabbed one person and used it as a leverage to launch herself over the bar.  And if it worked she could use it as cover to start stunning people.  always useful to have someone who you could talk to later.  And she could keep an eye on the armours as well, just in case someone got ideas.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <07-24-14/1714:57> »
O'Connor nodded to the ork he knew as The Swede, "Hey, I recognize you, The Swede right? And you seem to recognize me, O'Connor the Bullet Storm. That's good, 'cause now you get to save you and yours an ungodly amount of pain." He flicked his wrist, depositing his pistol into his right hand. He aimed the weapon at The Swede's legs, "You know what I'm capable of, and you might know what Lightning of the Storm here can do, especially to joints. You ever seen what an explosive round does to someone's knee?"

[spoiler]
Charisma 2 + Intimidate 1 + Custom Look 2 + Notoriety 6 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,6,4,5,2,4,6,6,3] = (4)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-24-14/1739:21> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <07-26-14/1020:59> »
Now she was safe behind the bar, at least for those idiots, it was time to start checking why this was happening.  She had met her share of crazy fans in her time and there was something odd about these.  Normally a few shoves from security made them behave and the materialisation of a spirit often did the same as well, people being scared of spirits.  While her spirit was continuing it's service by scaring people, she shifted her view to the astral and tried to see if there was something magical that was influencing these people.

Unfortunately while she did see there was some magical influence, she couldn't see what it was.  the emotions of the people, plus the studio people and her spirit had influenced the astral so it was impossible to see more.  She shifted her view back to the material plane.  Now it was time to start stunning people.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <07-26-14/1129:50> »
Seeing O'Connor talking to the pale-looking ork, Clem got her handgun ready and aimed it at the other ringleader, keeping her sights on him and ready to shoot at a moment's notice. While doing that, she was trying to keep aware of her surroundings and always kept the armours at the forefront of her mind.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <07-31-14/1131:02> »
[spoiler]
Composure: 8d6.hits(5)=4
[/spoiler]

Sam felt remarkably calm, given that there was someone attacking him. Watching the thug with the cattle prod pulling back to swing again, he suddenly remembered Lyra, and something she'd said when he'd joined the society--she'd told him that they were pretty sure one of his "powers" was the ability to tell people to do things. I hope you're right about this, he thought to himself, and then focused as much as he could into a quick shout: "Drop your weapon!"

[spoiler]
Commanding voice, complex action. Sam's Leadership + Charisma vs. the target's Leadership + Willpower.
Leadership (4) + Charisma (6): 10d6.hits(5) = 5

If Sam wins, the target either obeys or stands confused.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <07-31-14/2044:48> »
Clem, gun pointing at an ork with a mohawk, was waiting for him to make a move. As soon as she saw him rush through the crowd with a stun baton, she was ready for him. She took a breath, stabilizing her aim and shot at him.

[Spoiler]Agility 7 + Firearms 4 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Take Aim 1 (15d6.hits(5)=5) no glitches. The ammo is Stick n Shock, so I'll let you apply the proper modifiers. DV would be 5 plus whatever hits[/Spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <08-04-14/1812:21> »
Sammy is suddenly having a very bad day, she feels the mental link with her spirit broken and as she turns to check it sees an athletic and dangerous looking Anglo in cowboy boots coming at her with a stun baton. (OOC: roll defense)

Torley’s command resonates through the area, and he sees several people drop the items they are holding.  O’Connor and Clem even see a couple of the stuntmen who looked like they were looking to stab at the spirit with their kantanas drop them in haste.

The black man Sam was talking to is also startled and drops his baton, but then gets angry and goes for the massive automatic pistol holstered on his belt.

The shout somewhat drains O’Connor’s attempt to intimidate his foe, but the Swede feels a bit of the effect, with an incredulous, “You named your gun?” the big man stabs a shaky stun baton at him. (OOC: defense roll)

Mohawk sees the pistol and jukes his charge, pulling a human gender-bending cosplayer  in front of the shot.  “Johnny Freelance” immediately drops, doing the kickin’chicken’.

Crew members for the movie are quickly overwhelmed by the wave of humanity as they corner  Pandora into her booth, screaming her name and reaching out to her with pens and cameras and outstretched hands.

(Begin second passes)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #127 on: <08-05-14/0128:20> »
O'Connor scowled at the Swede as he sidestepped to his right, "Of course I did! I've put a lot of thought, care, and cred into my weapons. They're far more than just guns now. You're lucky I didn't bring Unrelenting Torrent, you might still make it out of here only missing a leg. I am going to blow apart your kneecap now, just so you know." Making good on that promise would have to wait though, he'd hoped to stall long enough to line up a clean shot, but best laid plans and all that. O'Connor took his finger off the trigger and swung his pistol down, aiming for the Swede's elbow, hoping to get him to drop the baton.

[spoiler=Clubs]
Agility 5 + Clubs 3 + Edge 3 - Disarm 4 = Pool 7
7d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [[6, 4],2,2,[6, 2],2,3,5] = (3)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-05-14/0135:35> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <08-05-14/0334:16> »
Clem squinted, a "tsk" the only indication she was frustrated the ork had dodged her shot. Lining up her second shot, she fired once more at the man with the pink Mohawk, resolved to tag him at least once.

[spoiler]Agility 7 + Firearms 4 + Vision Enhancement 3 (14d6.hits(5)=4) no glitches [/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <08-05-14/1543:08> »
Mohawk dodges Clem's shot again, but that is the only good news for the bad guys.

Two different attackers lose their stun batons, one intentionally as the Swede's hand temporarily rendered numb by the pistol whip.  The other is quite the accident as Cowboy Boots slips on a wetspot and Sammy inelegant defense manages to send the weapon into an ice bin.  (bad guy glitched)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <08-06-14/1537:52> »
She knew her spirit had gone, but there was something more urgent now, like Some guy taking a swing at her.  That was something she could not tolerate.  So she started chanting and moving like she had learned at the Club, lobbing a stunbolt at her attacker.  That'll teach the bastard a lesson, she thought.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <08-10-14/1410:28> »
When Sammy casts the spell, the man attacking her seems to shrug it off, and swings a vicious backhand her way.

Torley also needs to defend himself, as the scarred man gives him a pistol-whipping.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #132 on: <08-11-14/1140:42> »
Sam tried to twist away from the goon swinging the gun.

[spoiler]
Ok, as I was considering my options, I realized that Sam had used full defense in the previous round, which should have prevented him from using the commanding voice power (since he should have given up his next complex action). Oops. Since I don't think we want to retcon the stuff that's happened since, I'm just going to do a normal dodge:
Dodge: 5d6.hits(5)=3
Damage Resistance (body 3, Armor Vest 4; no other armor): 7d6.hits(5)=3
[spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <08-15-14/1418:22> »
Torley barely avoids the attack, the barrel of the pistol scraping his nose telling me how close it was.

Sammy isn't so lucky, but the tough ork  takes it like a champ for no damage

Third passes.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <08-15-14/1659:57> »
With the Swede's weapon out of play, O'Connor took the opportunity to close with the ork and aimed for his kneecap before firing.

[spoiler]
Pistols 4 + Agility 5 + Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 + Point Blank 2 - Melee 3 - Called Shot 4 = Pool 7
7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,3,4,4,5,1] = (2)

DV: 5 + net
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-15-14/1849:54> by Necrogigas »

Characters