NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1470 on: <04-19-16/0231:32> »
Looking up, Sammy didn't spot the spirit she had summoned.  She did however, see the other one, attacking civilians.  Clearly that was a bound spirit, boosted by the binding ritual.  She had never been very good at that, even at college and she also didn't use it like that.  But for now she had to stop the damage to the innocent bystanders, so she gathered the mana and started casting. 
She knew that the fastest way to get rid of it now, since her banishment attempt had failed, was to simply blast it away.  And if that didn't work, she would have gotten its attention and at least it would stop attacking other people.  But if her spirit had done it some damage, and normally it should, she might be able to finish it off in one go.

[spoiler]
force 9 stunbolt
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 CM =9: 9d6t5 5

spirit get's to roll willpower (which is equal to its force I think): damage is 9S + net hits.

drain 3P
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 3
no drain

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1471 on: <04-19-16/2114:12> »
The spirit did indeed take quite a bit of damage from it's first opponent, so the stunbolt quickly dispatches him.

(Back to top for pass 2, Clem is up)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1472 on: <04-21-16/0035:42> »
Clem froze for a second, flashbacks of her past life haunting her. She wanted to go after the sniper and hunt him down, but decided that she didn't want to make the same mistake she had done before. She chose to stay with Snow and see if there was anything she could do besides warn the others the elf had been hit, hard. <Snow is down, bleeding profusely, sniper fled. Sammy, we need you here right this instant.>

The ork then pried the medkit from the motionless elf's hands and started the process of stabilizing, effectively shocking Snow back into consciousness.

[spoiler]Edit: First Aid ~ Medkit 6 + Logic 3: 9d6t5 2 no glitches. Not a great roll, but it should be enough for Snow to get back up.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-22-16/2048:17> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1473 on: <04-24-16/0433:34> »
Sammy looked at the building the others had dissapeared in, spotting Clem working with the medkit on what looked like Snow.  Since normally Snow was doing that, she was probably out, or close to it.  Since O'Connor was safe for now, or at least stabilized, she ran that way, zig-zagging a bit to throw of any shots that might come her way.

[spoiler]
perception roll to see if I can see something, like the sniper escaping
intuition 3 + perception 2 + active 3 + enhancers 2 -2 CM =8: 8d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-24-16/1139:41> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1474 on: <04-25-16/2008:37> »
Torley races around the strange structure, sure that by the time he is in position, the fight will be over. 

When he reaches the alleyway, he is surprised to discover that not only has he not avoided the fight, he has moved to the frontline.

The man is a compact, powerfully built Italian, with a dark crew-cut and mustache.  He is definitely cyber-enhanced, the movement is unmistakable to Sam even when the chrome is subtle.  His eyes narrow and a hand wielding the prettiest killer's knife ever moves into view as he turns flight into fight, closing the distance between you.

Incidental details like the broken glass in his clothes, the bent rifle barrel poking out of a nearby dumpster, and the chain ladder hanging from the back of the building register peripherally as the runner responds to imminent attack.

Badguy (formerly sniper) getting stabby on Torley: 10d6t5 4

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1475 on: <04-25-16/2059:19> »
[spoiler]
Well, darn. Knew something like this would happen.
Dodge, using edge because I need some luck: REA(2)+Dodge(3)+Edge(4): 9d6h5 5
[/spoiler]

Sam barely had time to register the knife before his body started twisting away from it. As he did so, he found himself instinctively crying out, "Stop fighting! I want to talk!"

[spoiler]
Commanding Voice: Leadership(4)+CHA(6)+Kinesics(3)+Improved Ability(2): 15d6t5 5
Mr. Stabby resists with willpower + leadership.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1476 on: <04-26-16/0050:30> »
"No, you are just a coward who doesn't want to get stabbed.  Where are your tusker slots?  Keeping that little dandelion eater from bleeding out?  They won't get here in time to save you, meta-lover."

He actually seems a little surprised by his own bigoted invective, then he gets angry and prepares to attack the face again.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1477 on: <04-26-16/0937:24> »
Sammy arrived just as the medkit had done its job.
"I'll take it from here," she said to Clem, "and I'll keep an eye out on Snow and O'Connor."
If she could see the Clem and Snow from where she was with O'Connor, she could keep an eye on him from here as well.

She immediately started to gather mana and cast a healing spell.

[spoiler]
force 5 healing spell:
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 CM =9: 9d6t5 3
Snow heals 3P.  This will take 3 full combat rounds.

drain (DV-2): 1
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 2
no drain.

[/spoiler]

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1478 on: <04-27-16/0902:46> »
Picking up her firearm, Clem nodded to Sammy and told her to "Turn on your link" before running back into the room and looking out the window, where their attacker had fled moments before.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1479 on: <04-27-16/2115:50> »
The killer, using some sophisticated technique with cyber-enhanced speed, drives at Torley with the blade.

Badguy getting stabby on Torley again.: 10d6t5 6

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1480 on: <04-29-16/1435:05> »
Sam wasn't able to get out of the way of the second knife stab, receiving a very large gash through his armor. The cut was deep enough to drop him to the ground. Clutching his side with one hand, he threw his cane to the side, leaving his hand open in a sign of non-aggression. "You're damn right I don't want to get stabbed; I'm not a fraggin'  idiot. And you don't seem to be one, either. You know the heat have to be coming, soon, and you're not going to be able to get away. Talk to me--we can all get out of this, alive and free."

[spoiler]
Negotiation roll, trying to convince the guy not to gut Sam: Commanding voice, round 2 (only 13 dice):
Negotiation(4)+CHA(6)+Kinesics(3)+-CM(1)+Improved Ability(2): 14d6t5 4

:o Wow, six 1s. Not a glitch, thankfully, but too close for comfort.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/1812:21> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1481 on: <04-29-16/1737:26> »
The killer looks disgustedly down at Torley, “Why should I worry about the police?  You are the ones defending Undesirables like that Ork freak and his little singing whores.  I am doing their job, cleaning up filth like you.”

Then, strangely, he kicks Torley’s stick back to him and steps back, “Now pick it up and get back on your feet, I am not going to lose any more Good Time for fighting someone unfairly if I don’t have to.”
(OOC: Third pass.  Clem you reach the window and can engage in ranged combat)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1482 on: <04-30-16/1051:23> »
Gun in hand, the ork arrived at the window in time to see their attacker on top of Torley, talking to him and kicking his cane around. Without a moment's hesitation, the woman shot twice at the Italian man.

[spoiler]Shooting at Attacker ~ Agility 7 + Firearms 4: 2#11d6t5 5 6 no glitches, hopefully something lands. Clem is shooting S&S ammo.

And just in case, I rolled a surprise roll too. Surprise ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4: 11d6t5 3 No glitches.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1483 on: <04-30-16/2234:17> »
The killer never saw the shooter, when he went stiff as the rounds hit him in the back, the look on his face was pure outrage, from Torley's point of view.  He almost faceplanted on top of him in the alley, the knife still convulsively gripped in his hand.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1484 on: <05-01-16/0339:04> »
After finishing up the healing of Snow, she put on her commlink and contacted Clem.
How are things down there, She asked, we have to get our stories straight for the police.  Since the cameras have only filmed the last part, maybe I can switch to my Delavigne persona and we can pretend to be studio crew who just by accident got involved in all this?

With Torley's powers of persuation and Sammy's fame, they should be able to make that stick and since they had been filmed, trying to hide wouldn't be all the easy.  It could be done, but it would be difficult.  They would just have to make sure that O'Connor didn't have any weapons on him when the police arrived, but that was easy.  As film evidence would prove, he hadn't done anything more than be gunned down on the street.  Everything else was just self defence, like Sammy's attack on the enemy spirit.