NEWS

[WIP] Technomancer handbook

• 89 Replies

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <05-02-14/2203:49> »
How long would a sprite running Diagnostics or Stability hang around? Diagnostics, I figure, would cost the task once your test has happened (you used or repaired a device). Stability, though, is for only one test or for a time period?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <05-02-14/2217:35> »
Diagnostics specifically states its duration is until the sprite does something else.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <05-05-14/1255:51> »
Ok, do Sprites disappear like Spirits at some point or can I keep it around, permanently buffing my Cyberdeck?

Also, anyone have a clue how long Stability would be active?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #63 on: <05-05-14/1312:36> »
Sprites do not go away after a specific period of time, but a compiled one begins accumulating OS the moment is it compiled, and being converged upon just deletes it.  If it is registered, then it's OS is reset and stops accruing until it does another illegal action.  Sprite Powers are not matrix actions and so do not trigger OS.

Use of a power counts as 1 Task and lasts until the Sprite is forced to stop or is told to stop; if you don't mind having the device wirelessly active all the time (which means never restarting it) then one task can last forever, theoretically.  A deck however really can't afford that, since it'll begin gaining OS and won't stop until you reboot it.  If you that one Complex Form can be sustained on it, that would only delay it--  You can't keep that form up forever (you need to sleep) and it won't prevent OS from matrix actions.

So unless you never sleep and spam Cleaner after every foray into the Matrix, you'll just have to re-register the sprite every few days or so.
« Last Edit: <05-05-14/1316:09> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <05-05-14/1521:41> »
Which complex form are you refering to Firebug?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #65 on: <05-05-14/1756:58> »
Static Veil.  I wasn't certain if it could be used on other personas.  Looks like it can.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <05-05-14/2343:15> »
...or can I keep it around, permanently buffing my Cyberdeck?
You need to use your Living Persona to compile, register and order your sprite.
You need to reboot both your Living Persona and your cyberdeck if you want to form your persona on your cyberdeck.
At that point your sprite will no longer buff your cyberdeck....

If a deck you have at least one mark on is not fully bricked then you can use a sprite for:
- Stability while it is repaired (so that the person taking the hardware test will always avoid to glitch it)
- Diagnostics while it is repaired (so that the person taking the hardware test will get extra limit and positive dice pool)

Unless you register the sprite you have about an hour before it is crashed by GOD
You can repeat thread low levels of Cleaner or Sustain a threaded Static Veil to increase the sprites longevity until you need to sleep.
You can also register (and re-register) it.
Unless it take an attack or sleaze matrix action this will increase sprites longevity until it run out of tasks.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <05-06-14/0044:52> »
...or can I keep it around, permanently buffing my Cyberdeck?
You need to use your Living Persona to compile, register and order your sprite.
You need to reboot both your Living Persona and your cyberdeck if you want to form your persona on your cyberdeck.
At that point your sprite will no longer buff your cyberdeck....

If a deck you have at least one mark on is not fully bricked then you can use a sprite for:
- Stability while it is repaired (so that the person taking the hardware test will always avoid to glitch it)
- Diagnostics while it is repaired (so that the person taking the hardware test will get extra limit and positive dice pool)

Unless you register the sprite you have about an hour before it is crashed by GOD
You can repeat thread low levels of Cleaner or Sustain a threaded Static Veil to increase the sprites longevity until you need to sleep.
You can also register (and re-register) it.
Unless it take an attack or sleaze matrix action this will increase sprites longevity until it run out of tasks.

I want to make a bit of a correction to this... An hour isn't the set time before GOD comes crashing down. An hour is if GOD rolls 12 each time for the time test. Averagely, you're looking more around 2 hours.

Though it is good practice to try and keep compiled sprite use to less than an hour, just in case.

EDIT

Added three armor items so far that should work with the Machine Sprite's bonuses. An elvish Face-mancer would be pretty scary as you're looking at a max limit of 14 on social tests.
« Last Edit: <05-06-14/0114:06> by Triskavanski »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <05-08-14/0002:30> »
Yeah, the first mission is always the hardest one for technomancers. Esspecially ones who have the dice hating them like I do.

Sprite got 5 out of 6 dice on a resistance check.
Then 3 out of 6
Then 6 out of 12 on a registering resistance check.

Meanwhile I got the average or lower most of the time.

norskface

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <05-09-14/1857:02> »
Lol, I just had the idea to put your Macina-Sprite with Diagnostics on your glasses you have your smartlink and other vision enhancements on.
So if this is possible (and I gues at that moment the glasses are the electronical DEVICE, not the enhancements) you can use the bonus not only for your gun, but also to recognice things better and so on...

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #70 on: <05-10-14/0644:33> »
just remember to register your sprite if you're leaving it in a device for hours on end.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Furious Trope

• Chummer
« Reply #71 on: <05-11-14/1408:08> »
Triskavanski- At some point 3-4 pages ago you said that low-level sprites have a 33% chance to fail no matter how many hits you roll.

Could you explain that? I've been trying to work out how technomancers work exactly and suspect I've missed something.
You're only ever one bag of grenades away from chunky salsa.

http://powerwalkinginthedarkness.wordpress.com/

norskface

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <05-11-14/1454:29> »

Triskavanski- At some point 3-4 pages ago you said that low-level sprites have a 33% chance to fail no matter how many hits you roll.

Could you explain that? I've been trying to work out how technomancers work exactly and suspect I've missed something.
It was about the Threshold you have. You can have only Level Hits, doesnt matter how many 5 or 6 your roll.
But if the Sprite hits Level-times and equals you by that, you fail...

Hope this is understandable.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <05-11-14/1537:11> »
Exactly.

You have to beat the threshold. Now if you could get equal and succeed, it would solve the low level sprites having the chance of auto fail.

Furious Trope

• Chummer
« Reply #74 on: <05-11-14/1645:39> »

It was about the Threshold you have. You can have only Level Hits, doesnt matter how many 5 or 6 your roll.
But if the Sprite hits Level-times and equals you by that, you fail...

Hope this is understandable.

Derp. Yeah, thanks. Limits still throw me off from time to time.

I guess you could fix that with edge if you have it to spare.
You're only ever one bag of grenades away from chunky salsa.

http://powerwalkinginthedarkness.wordpress.com/