NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1665 on: <12-18-15/1233:56> »
I confess to being at a loss.  I do not see a post about an island in either IC or OOC except the mention about going there.  Can someone please point out the post I missed?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1666 on: <12-18-15/1333:58> »
It's something that I've seen in the astral.  I still have to make a post about it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1667 on: <12-18-15/1353:39> »
I thought it had been mentioned when Con was being sniped, but I wasn't able to find it in a quick glance back through the threads.

Now that we're out of combat rounds, though, it would be nice to get a description of what the area we're in looks like. I believe we're along a relatively deserted stretch of highway outside of LA, but that's about as much as I know.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1668 on: <12-18-15/1357:02> »
Okay, I've updated my last post to add the information we should have.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1669 on: <12-18-15/1416:54> »
Before anyone gets riled up and posting I will put together a surroundings description, so cool your jets.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1670 on: <12-18-15/2023:53> »
The immediate area around the cars is well lit being at the base of a functional lamp post.  Beyond the cone of light extending about a 15m radius, the night is deep.  This particular portion of the road is elevated above an area flooded after the Twins.  It is not clear how deep the water is, but there are several island hilltops in the area, including the tall one that Sammy indicates is the place the magical attacks came from, which is over a hundred meters away, but has a commanding view of the area.  The nearest offramp is about half a kilometer back, though the roads are more boat launch than effective means of egress.

The sniper was apparently positioned on the roadway ahead, which is a relatively straight shot for the next couple of kilometers  The chest high median between the opposing lanes making an excellent firing position.  O'Conner's firearms knowledge tells you that the median range of a sniper rifle is 150-350 meters.

For all you know the drones could have been satellite controlled.  All in all, a pretty nice little killbox you landed in.

An additional note about the area, the I-5 portion that you are driving on is usually pretty vacant at this time of night, the next major community to the south is San Diego, beyond the border.  That border between Aztlan and the PCC is not a busy one at high traffic hours, you will probably not see more than a dozen vehicles on this road before the sun comes up, many hours from now.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1671 on: <12-21-15/2146:46> »
The four back at he car, if they are resting, which would NOT include snow at this point, will get a recovery during Sam's recon.

Because Snow is monitoring Sam through the Matrix (which does NOT include seeing what he sees because Sam doesn't have an image link) , she notes that now Sam, herself and anyone else with an active commlink are broadcasting that same tag she noted on Bacchus' link.  "Undesirable"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1672 on: <12-21-15/2214:29> »
No Image link?????  Pffft.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1673 on: <12-21-15/2222:36> »
OK.  Please help me.  I am a bit confused at the undesirable tag.  Is this something that says that we are undesirable or that the signal from our links is undesirable?

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1674 on: <12-21-15/2237:39> »
Yeah, sorry for not having image link--Sam's not very techy, if you hadn't noticed. Maybe Snow can talk him into getting better lenses once they're back in town.  :D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1675 on: <12-22-15/0447:09> »
OK.  Please help me.  I am a bit confused at the undesirable tag.  Is this something that says that we are undesirable or that the signal from our links is undesirable?

It is understandable that you are confused, this is some weird shit that you or your character have never heard of.  Somehow, the links are broadcasting, as part of the profile, the fact that you are a "bad apple" and should be avoided.  This is occurring even if the link is otherwise operating in hidden mode.  You would think this has something to do with that virus you discovered earlier, but some of the links affected were not the ones that were running the virus before.

Sam cannot find any brass, your perception and logic are enough that I will give it to you.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1676 on: <12-22-15/0541:24> »
With all this stealthy matrix stuff happening, I have a feeling we are dealing with a powerful AI...
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1677 on: <12-22-15/0555:04> »
or someone from Horizon, as these things are immediately linked to our profiles and not the commlinks.  Time to figure out where this comes from and then to solve it.  I rather hope it's an AI not linked to Horizon, because then we can ask Horizon to give us more privileges on the system or we come out with the information the system isn't secure (as Horizon always states and it actually mostly is).

also: my recovery roll:
body + willpower recovery roll: 8d6t5 1
Not much, but I just drop my -2 penalty for only a -1, so I can live with it.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1678 on: <12-22-15/1124:22> »
Snow's burner is clean.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1679 on: <12-26-15/2336:12> »
Stun Recovery
Body 4 + Willpower 3 = Pool 7
Stun Recovery: 7d6t5 6
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~