NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1425 on: <10-08-15/1859:29> »
I'm good, though I (not Sam--he wouldn't think of this) wonder if Snow can do anything to pre-empt any interference from cops?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1426 on: <10-09-15/0100:12> »
Not sure if she can.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1427 on: <10-09-15/1014:29> »
Sorry for the delay folks, started a new job and getting ready for finals.  What kind of 'interference' are you thinking of Thvor?

Edge is refreshed.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1428 on: <10-09-15/1127:53> »
Well, hacking the GridGuide system (or whatever the LA equivalent is) to hide our vehicle / find and slow down our target / maneuver other vehicles out of our way, for instance.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1429 on: <10-09-15/1450:08> »
GridGuide...on I5...OUTSIDE of Los Angeles...funny

Maneuvering around other cars outside of the city proper is not really an issue.   

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1430 on: <10-09-15/1550:32> »
So...I'm guessing you want initiative rolls for all of us, plus a vehicle test from Clem?

And would I be right in assuming that Sam's CP doesn't kick in (yet), since there hasn't been any violence to trigger it? Not that he's going to be able to do much; I don't think he's even got enough of a dice pool to try to shoot out tires once Clem gets us to point-blank range.

Incidentally, here are the RAW for the opposed vehicle test, since it's a bit more detailed than the summary:
Quote from: SR4A page 170
Opposed Vehicle Test
At the beginning of the first Chase Combat Turn, each driver makes a Vehicle Test. For every vehicle still in play on the driver’s side during the Chase combat add a +2 modifier to the test. For every vehicle on the opposing side apply a –2 modifier. Then compare the Speed values of all vehicles on each side. Whichever side has the greater Speed value adds a +1 modifier for every 10 points (rounded down) that their Speed exceeds their opponents. The drivers with the most hits on either side are compared in an Opposed Vehicle Test. Ties are broken first by Edge, then Reaction, then Handling.
The rules for glitches and critical glitches on Vehicle Tests apply here.
The winning driver may change the Engagement Range for the vehicles on his side by one step with regards to all vehicles on the opposing side(s).
At the beginning of each subsequent Chase Combat Turn, if no one has succeeded to Break Off (below), each driver makes a new Vehicle Test.

Edit: Sam's initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=1, total of 8.
« Last Edit: <10-09-15/1618:23> by Thvor »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1431 on: <10-09-15/1606:17> »
yep

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1432 on: <10-09-15/1634:44> »
Here's mine: initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=2)
So that's a total of 9, 2IP (I still have that spell on that gives me +1 init and +1 IP).

Time to get some spirits out I think. :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1433 on: <10-09-15/2010:49> »
I can't seem to find what vehicle we're in, so if anybody could remind me, I would be grateful :)

Meanwhile, here's Clem's initiative: Initiative ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (11d6.hits(5)=7) Wow, what a roll! So that's 18 for Clem, she's on top of this!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1434 on: <10-09-15/2144:03> »
Initiative: Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11 (11d6.hits(5)=4)
Total: 15

Clem's the driver, but where is everyone else sitting? I'd put O'Connor behind the driver seat. It probably won't matter mechanically, but to set the picture.
« Last Edit: <10-10-15/0507:47> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1435 on: <10-10-15/0303:41> »
Snow is seated next to Con.  Initiative is Initiative: 9d6t5+9 11

So looking at the modifiers mentioned, am I correct in believing that there is a negative 8d6 for being in a moving car and shooting at a person in another moving car with partial cover?
« Last Edit: <10-10-15/0308:14> by Mercy Merchant »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1436 on: <10-10-15/0320:42> »
I have no idea.  As long as I can see the other car it's okay.  I plan on sending over a spirit to hit the car with its accident power.  He's bound to go into the guardrail at one point and then we can peel him out of the car. :)

p193 base book (accident power, last paragraph):
If a critter uses Accident against a vehicle, it can force
the driver to make a Crash Test. The critter’s Magic attribute
serves as a negative dice pool modifier to the test.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1437 on: <10-10-15/0324:43> »
I have no idea.  As long as I can see the other car it's okay.  I plan on sending over a spirit to hit the car with its accident power.  He's bound to go into the guardrail at one point and then we can peel him out of the car. :)
p193 base book (accident power, last paragraph):
If a critter uses Accident against a vehicle, it can force
the driver to make a Crash Test. The critter’s Magic attribute
serves as a negative dice pool modifier to the test.
Or go flying over the side into the ocean.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1438 on: <10-10-15/0528:31> »
We wait until we arrive at a stretch of highway where this is no issue.  Besides, if you start shooting at his car you can have the same issue if you hit something important. :)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1439 on: <10-10-15/1140:28> »
Was not really planning on shooting anything.  I was just asking in case we were shot at.