NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #960 on: <05-27-15/1506:46> »
With all the hold actions, are we basically at the top of round 1, ip 1?

Yes, we have only reached init 11 on IP 1, but most of both sides are at 10 or 11.

Speaking of which, once Clem does her defensive choices and rolls and any actions she takes otherwise.  I can let farothel know that Sammy (who is astrally perceiving) can see that someone has come out the side door crouching, and is moving between the parked cars by that door.  If she tells O'Connor, you will be able to act.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #961 on: <05-27-15/1549:21> »
I will, as soon as it's my turn to do something.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #962 on: <05-28-15/1000:07> »
Okay, unless I tell you otherwise, the goons are using Predator IVs, so damage is 5P with -1 AP and you soak both hits.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #963 on: <05-29-15/0239:41> »
Crossbow: can I shoot a stunbolt on the one I see, or not?
If yes, I'll do that and adapt my post (I can still talk, so it shouldn't be a problem to warn people).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #964 on: <05-29-15/2317:13> »
I don't see any modifiers to casting while astrally perceiving, and when you start to run up the guy will stand up far enough to see you coming, so you will have LOS., go ahead and roll your spell.

Necro, where exactly is O'Connor running to?  The fence?  Into the lot towards the car or the door?  what is the plan here?  I may have over done the size of the street a little bit, but you are definitely going to be out in the open at the end of 27 m of straight running.

If anyone feels it is useful to do so, feel free to modify and repost the map to accomodate your movement.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #965 on: <05-30-15/0220:28> »
For now he's making a beeline for where he heard the gunshots come from, and I plan on him being out of cover to draw attention away from the others.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #966 on: <05-30-15/0839:35> »
I don't see any modifiers to casting while astrally perceiving, and when you start to run up the guy will stand up far enough to see you coming, so you will have LOS., go ahead and roll your spell.

I've modified my post and added the spell.  The guy can roll willpower against it.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #967 on: <06-01-15/1055:37> »
Snow rolls initiative for the next turn. 

Initiative: 9d6t5+9 11

I will wait for my turn to act.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #968 on: <06-01-15/1127:23> »
Your initiative doesn't change between passes.  We are top of the order for the second pass, though Torley can still take actions he will be at -2 for any rolls for running.

(order is O'Connor, Clem, Sammy, Snow)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #969 on: <06-01-15/1233:16> »
Full defense eats my ip2 actions. Next up.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #970 on: <06-01-15/2327:52> »
I know my turn is coming up.  If nothing happens and I do go into the matrix at that point, I think I will then get 4 IP.  Three for Hot Sim and another for my enhancers.  Initiative will be the same number for all passes.  My cybercombat skill is defaulted from logic so is 3.  My commlink is response 4 and firewall 4 and my basic attack is also 4.  If this is correct I may be getting this.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #971 on: <06-02-15/0129:08> »
MM, I don't think there's much more Snow can do on the club's node, so I would suggest Snow try to disrupt any smartlink/tacnets or anything of the sort the other team might have. If not, disrupt their communications and prevent them from getting the whole picture of the fight.

Just my opinion though. If there's nothing to be done on that end, an extra gun is always welcome ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #972 on: <06-02-15/0135:51> »
OK.  My understanding of the matrix needs some work.  I had thought that anything using wireless has its own node and I have been told there are no nodes out.  So does that mean no wireless guns or commlinks?  Or am I really misunderstanding the matrix?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #973 on: <06-02-15/0425:26> »
The gun or smartlink or whatever would be slaved to their commlink, so if you hack that, you would be able to mess around with anything that is connected to that. Again, their link themselves could be slaved to something else, which would make Snow's job harder :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #974 on: <06-02-15/1019:21> »
Sure, like if your commlinks are slaved to mine they would have to fight the strongest firewall and defensive programs, which should be mine in this case.  So they could also be doing that.  But my question is how do I "see" the commlink or smartlinked gun?  Is it a node of its own that I can see on the matrix?  If so, I should be able to go hot sim and see the things out there, right?  Then attack them directly to gain access and control.  Is doing that similar to what I had to do to hack the building node?  The rules seem to focus on slipping into and getting information from nodes like what I was trying to do, but do not really say anything about just working on a single thing like a commlink or gun.  Is it handled the same?