NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #585 on: <01-17-15/2134:53> »
It would be better for the team if you went and branched out, possibly getting some upgrades to your programs. Obviously my view does not mirror Clem's ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #586 on: <01-18-15/0307:45> »
I am actually very torn on the issue myself.  I can see the logic in what Clem says, but I also see that the client may appreciate that we are trying to improve our position.  He does not necessarily know that Snow bungled on the plane.  On the other hand. Snow is rueing that she will miss an opportunity to rub shoulders with the powerful in LA.  The final decision is the groups, but she would vote for going to see the techies.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #587 on: <01-18-15/0349:51> »
I, the player, would vote the same. Better for us that way, we can cover the night out and possibly get stronger on the Matrix at the same time. My character does not think that way though.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #588 on: <01-18-15/0857:56> »
In the meantime, Snow will have to keep proving herself.  The plane debacle will haunt her for a long time.  That is what is driving her to this date.  She feels that her honor was damaged and to her there is nothing more important than honor and loyalty.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #589 on: <01-18-15/1401:20> »
There is zero reason to keep the team attached at the hip. This isn't D&D, where splitting the party can screw you. This is Shadowrun, we're screwed no matter what.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #590 on: <01-18-15/1431:13> »
LOL  I agree to that.  but at this point Snow is feeling like she let the team down and should do what she can do fix that.  But Clem is the boss.  She will do what Clem wants.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #591 on: <01-18-15/1434:34> »
Clem's the tactical leader, not team boss. Outside of combat, she doesn't have final say.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #592 on: <01-18-15/1816:27> »
Exactly, Clem is only leading during fights, not for team decisions.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #593 on: <01-18-15/1824:06> »
OK.  So I have a couple of people saying go with techs and others saying go to party.  I think I owe it to the team to try to upgrade my systems.  I just don't want bad feelings.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #594 on: <01-18-15/2124:34> »
Like I said, I think Snow should go with the techs personally, but Clem will think Snow is making the wrong decision. This is one of those situations where the player and the character think differently. Clem is half Japanese and was brought up with the mentality that the boss/client is always right, and socializing after working hours is part of the job. In Japanese culture, going out after work is oftentimes the only way for the client to open up about concerns/issues they might have, since the pressures of having good business relations is not present at the bar.

So, all that to say Clem will think Snow is failing her duties to the client, but HydroRaven thinks this is the right thing to do for the team :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #595 on: <01-18-15/2142:35> »
I appreciate the conflict.  Snow has internal issues with this as well.  She was also brought up in the atmosphere of entertaining at the end of the day.  She has spent a lot of time as a hostess girl with EVO Corp and knows what you are saying.  She has "entertained" many Japanese clients in her time there, which is how she knows some Japanese and is familiar with the culture aspect.

However, she is also Vory and her honor demands that she take steps to not embarrass her or her team like she did on the plane.  And the Vory aspect will win out unless all the others think that this is the wrong way to go.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #596 on: <01-19-15/1122:50> »
There is zero reason to keep the team attached at the hip. This isn't D&D, where splitting the party can screw you. This is Shadowrun, we're screwed no matter what.

It truly hurts my heart that you don't think I have your team's best interests in mind *moving to cover the stats for Great Dracoforms in my GM's area*

After the others go eat, Snow sits down against the wall and watches Clem.  After a couple of minutes she says, "Hey, Boss.  Is there something besides my screw up this morning on the plane that is eating you about me?  If so, I would like to clear the air so that I can work on it."[/color]

ooooo!  Mob War in New Beginnings, didn't think it was going to take long.  ;)
« Last Edit: <01-19-15/1127:21> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #597 on: <01-19-15/2019:22> »
Okay, quick check:

"First and foremost, your timing" says Clem after a short period of reflection. The ork was not comfortable at all talking in the middle of the job like this, on location, especially with the P2 feature recording and broadcasting everything.

This is Clem mistaking what Pito is doing, not Hydroraven not knowing, correct?  If so, good role-playing!  :)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #598 on: <01-19-15/2247:07> »
Yes, this is Clem not understanding P2 so well ;) The way Sammy explained it to her, with people putting on masks/nano paste, she believes she is always in front of a live camera.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #599 on: <01-20-15/0042:55> »
Mob war?  Perhaps.  Snow remembers Clem from the party and recalls that she was working the Yakuza side and she is pretty sure that Clem also recalls the night and that Snow was a Vory "hostess".  Yeah, some possible bad blood there.