NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #315 on: <09-27-14/0958:29> »
When I said "in front of the spirit" I meant initiative-wise. If not, she'll just continue working on Mohawk then.
« Last Edit: <09-27-14/1001:05> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #316 on: <09-27-14/1245:44> »
Okay, well, she can't act against the spirit first pass regardless, so make your attack on Mohawk.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #317 on: <10-01-14/0212:52> »
It seems I have forgotten who's who, so just as a reminder, who is this black man? Is the Swede down for the count, or is he close to Clem? Is the spirit doing something else?
« Last Edit: <10-01-14/0214:23> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #318 on: <10-01-14/0800:31> »
The black man is the one that engaged Torley and who followed him onto the armor area.  The Swede is on the ground, but not unconscious.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #319 on: <10-01-14/1056:07> »
Is there any cover in the room that Sam could try to get behind?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #320 on: <10-01-14/1127:18> »
Sure, the armor cases, one has even bee stood on it's end and is opened up for stability.  It's a little crowded though, the stuntmen are all trying to get back there.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #321 on: <10-05-14/2002:25> »
So who can Clem get to and attack in her second pass?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #322 on: <10-06-14/0116:28> »
preferably that mage that suddenly changed appearances.  He might be good enough with magic to keep me from harming him, it might be different if someone starts hitting him.  And that way I can shift to other targets.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <10-06-14/0227:05> »
That's what I was thinking. That mage does seem our biggest threat for the moment, so if Sam can get the Sweede off of Clem's back, she'll concentrate on the mage.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #324 on: <10-06-14/0349:47> »
you're before me, so if you can take out the mage, the counterspell will be gone and they will all become vulnerable to stunbolt.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <10-06-14/0626:55> »
Clarifying the combat situation. 

I will assume at this point that Fionn will have gotten comms for the team back online, so tactical communication between Sammy and Clem is possible.

There are currently only 2 active combatants among the runners, Pusher and the scarred man.  Mohawk and Harris (cowboy boots) are down, The Swede is dragging himself to a wall to try and get to his feet, and will not be re-entering the fight unless to defend himself.  Someone is still operating a micro drone with the strobe light, (Clem is the only one impacted by that), but has otherwise not made an appearance.

...and a crowd of magically crazed fans are about to start doing unspeakable things to a young starlet.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <10-06-14/0809:36> »

...and a crowd of magically crazed fans are about to start doing unspeakable things to a young starlet.

I hope that as soon as the mage is down, that magical effect will disappear as well (as I'd rather not drop a fireball in the middle of that group).  so the mage is the prime target now, and if needed, I can hold of  the scarred man.

Note to self: next downtime, get a hold of the Stunball spell.  That would have been very useful here.  :)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <10-06-14/1049:22> »
Getting rid of that strobe would help a lot, but I guess that's a matrix battle and it seems that's not going to happen anytime soon :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <10-06-14/1533:36> »

I hope that as soon as the mage is down, that magical effect will disappear as well (as I'd rather not drop a fireball in the middle of that group).  so the mage is the prime target now, and if needed, I can hold of  the scarred man.

Since you brought it up, Magical Theory + Logic 6d6.hits(5)=3

With your experience as an entertainer, you can reasonably bet that the fans are under the influence of a Mob Mood spell, which heightens desires but doesn't mindlessly control the targets.  A low force Fireball properly located could give them something to think about besides Pandora.  Of course if you are wrong about the spell, you will turn the fans into flaming zombies.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #329 on: <10-06-14/1536:47> »
We'll first take out the mage and then see what happens.  I can still lob the fireball if it's needed afterwards.  A full combat round is what, 3 seconds if I recall correctly.  So there's some time.  And if I lob a fireball here, it will activate the sprinkler system, bringing a lot more heat on us than I really want (pun intended). :)