NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #870 on: <04-23-15/1341:14> »
I thought there'd been an indication that Sammy's spell would work for one person, but not the whole group?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #871 on: <04-23-15/1419:42> »
Improved invisibility is indeed only one person at a time.  I can cast it multiple times, but I have to sustain them and that means a cumulative -2 for every person after the first.

But as the cameras have blind spots, we don't need that spell.  We can just use those black spots to get onto the roof and be done with it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #872 on: <04-26-15/2300:24> »
I don't know what happened to your rolls either, but i have to see them to count them, Also, you need to decide at the first what access you are seeking, you will need at least Security to get anything done, unless you are just looking around.

You can pop in and go for upgraded access, but it isn't any easier.  You will have to restart the hack from the beginning to get the upgraded access.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #873 on: <04-27-15/0151:22> »
I thought the value to using Orokos was that you could go and look at the rolls.  Would you like me to roll again?  I would love the chance to get better than what I got.  But yes, I did forget that I would need another three hits for the security level access.  I am not certain of course, but I am pretty sure that I have already been detected after the second pass, given my low firewall.  It is possible that the security system glitched, but it only needed to get past my firewall of 4 to find me.  Still, I should try for the upgrade.  I will hope that my rolls are better this time.

I should have also rolled for initiative to see how many passes I get.  Average would be 3, but I will roll that first.  Initiative (Hot SIM): 4d6+9 17  Sadly, that roll sucked a lot.  Initiative of 17 only gives me two passes in this turn and I have used them up getting basic access to the node.  I will roll for initiative for the second turn but I will wait for guidance on when I can go for the upgraded access.

Second turn initiative is Initiative for turn 2: 4d6+9 25  Quite a bit better.  I will wait until told it is my turn, but my intent is to hack on the fly to try to get a security access unless I am attacked first.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #874 on: <04-27-15/0204:04> »
Here are your rolls, MM.

http://orokos.com/roll/m-mercy+merchant

Edit: MM, don't forget that we're playing in 4E, not 5E, so that initiative should be rolled a bit differently ;) And your initiative score doesn't affect the number of passes you get :)
« Last Edit: <04-27-15/0230:31> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #875 on: <04-27-15/0228:14> »
Thanks.  Yes I saw them there myself.  Somehow I flubbed the post and the copied rolls disappeared and I could not see how to get the actual rolls back.  But they were out there to be inspected so I just referred to them in the post.  I fully expect that Clem whacking on the cables and Snow accessing the node will bring a response and that Snow will be logging off real soon, hopefully before she gets too much attention. 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #876 on: <04-27-15/0232:34> »
Preferably she can get into the node, see if there are any calls sent to any outside nodes for reinforcements and if there is, cancel them before logging out :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #877 on: <04-27-15/1958:06> »
Well, you are right about getting found, you haven't even keyed the access code and the alert starts sounding. 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #878 on: <04-27-15/2112:54> »
If Clem can hear or otherwise know that there was an alarm triggered, she will position herself close to the hatch and ready a flash bang grenade.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #879 on: <04-27-15/2221:27> »
It's a Matrix alert for the system, not an alarm for the building, Clem is still going chop-socky on the receivers.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #880 on: <04-28-15/0011:56> »
If Snow's message goes through, Clem will get into position and wait for the hatch to be opened. If anyone opens the hatch, she will pull the pin on the grenade, throw it in and keep the hatch open while looking away to avoid the glare from the grenade.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #881 on: <04-28-15/0012:58> »
OK.  Since I goofed and did not stipulate the access level I was going for, I am currently at user access level and just starting to try for the security level.  I have 3 hits toward the 10 I need.  I will keep trying until I get attacked or pushed off.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #882 on: <04-29-15/1139:48> »
Clarification with a caveat:  I am not one hundred percent sure of this rule, so feel free to let me know if you see something in the books to contradict this, but you do not have user access, you are still going for Security access.

It isn't a tiered format, each level of access is it's own full test and failing to reach a higher level does not mean you can 'settle' for a lower level that your rolls would have reached.

BTW, just finished finals week, so if my response has seemed spotty, that is the reason.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #883 on: <04-30-15/0016:35> »
Thank you for being kind.  Ok, so I now have nine hits of the ten I need for the security access.  I had thought you had said I was at user access and had to start over from scratch to upgrade it.  In this case I should get the access next init pass and dive in.  Thanks 
« Last Edit: <04-30-15/0027:24> by Mercy Merchant »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #884 on: <05-02-15/0608:17> »
If you want to speed things up MM, you could roll 5-6 turns of hacking, which would make it easier for Crossbow to give us a timeline. He'll be able to determine how long it takes for you to get in, and that way we don't have to wait for posts back and forth to move forward with the hack :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register