NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #735 on: <02-28-15/2117:35> »
Snow is trying very hard.  At this time she is trying to scan every security camera in the area to see what she can find out about the bar and its patrons.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #736 on: <03-02-15/0855:44> »
Okay, she will be a quite a bit doing this.  I am assuming she will be taking the time to carefully probe these other nodes, but most camera feeds tend to be well protected.  She will be able to quickly find out that there are no non-hidden nodes containing any surveillance footage other the one for the bar in their target building.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #737 on: <03-04-15/1440:22> »
So, I've just been wondering--since this is the longest scene I've had where I'm role-playing Sam role-playing someone else, how much detail would y'all like me to give in terms of what Sam's thinking versus the impression that he's trying to give? So far, I've been writing it much more on the impression side, but if that's confusing/off-putting, I can adjust.

Though I must say, it's fun playing a Runner who's pretending to be someone getting his first taste of the shadows. :D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #738 on: <03-04-15/1850:53> »
I think you're doing fine personally, Thvor :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #739 on: <03-04-15/2332:28> »
I also think you are doing great.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #740 on: <03-09-15/0804:26> »
Okay, we have reached the point of diminishing returns.  Right now your team of runners is WAAAY too geared towards something going wrong, or wringing some intel out of these two bangers who are in the midst of some kind of high.  The footage you are reviewing is not popping anything, although if you really want to push that line of investigation you will track down another haunt or two eventually.

Snow is currently being a bit of an eager beaver (no pun intended, but quite funny if you think about it ;) ) and expanding her electronic footprint a little further than would be considered safe if she had more experience.  If I start having her make rolls for all the stuff she is doing a critical glitch will not be long in coming. (This is a point I make to you as players, none of your characters, Snow included, would be aware of how thin she is spreading herself)

Gametime, it is approximately 2am, and your team have been on the go for about 22 hours average (Snow has been going a bit longer, what with having come late to the party).  There is a lead you haven't looked into yet, but otherwise you are in a waiting game and rather than forcing you to wait for the other shoe to drop, I am willing to advance the clock if you are all ready. 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #741 on: <03-09-15/1010:29> »
I don't think the bangers will be much of a problem, and I think Torley will probably be able to get everything he can out of them. That being said, since Clem is now officially in charge of leading the squad during physical altercations, she will anticipate the worst and will prepare her team for things to go south. She won't be the one to suggest splitting the team to cover the hotel as well, but it might be a good idea to do that as well, from a player's point of view.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #742 on: <03-09-15/1028:10> »
Snow is trying to cover several contingencies and is probably overextending her abilities.  She does not want to disappoint the team by not being prepared to act.  It makes sense to her to take the precautions of hacking the 'links and the guns and cameras, but she does not realize she is near or past her limits.  Sam is doing great inside the bar and the others are doing their jobs well, too, and she does not want to be the failure point again.

As a player I really do not know enough to know that I am past my limits.  Any advice here would be helpful.  My read on the rules is that Snow should be able to do these things, so is there something I am missing that indicates what I might be doing wrong?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #743 on: <03-09-15/2034:01> »
The critical thing to realize that when you have too many balls in the air at the same time you are degrading your dice pools to a smaller and smaller level.  No matter how good you are, when you have a dozen things going on at once you are going to end up with pools that only have a die or two, from there it is simply a matter of time until the odds spell disaster.  Generally a hacker doing what you are doing would have an agent or two handling some of the grunt work.  I would look into those if you are going to be trying to do that a lot, but this kind of stuff really isn't your wheelhouse yet.

Mercy, I realize that I am coming off terribly to you because I had you create a character that is not primarily a hacker and you have been pushing really hard in that direction so you have been seeming to come up short, but that is not really my doing. you are more of an all-around Jack of Trades than the pure hacker you and the rest of the team are pushing you into being, so that is going to have some bumps.  We may end up with doing a rewrite, but at the moment I don't see that as necessary.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #744 on: <03-09-15/2200:13> »
LOL  I will muddle through as best I can.  If my dice pool is degrading I will have to stop any further hacking attempts.  Can you tell me what I have been able to get by the time I realize this?  It will help me figure out my limitations.  Or is it something a real hacker would not know until it was too late?

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #745 on: <03-10-15/1346:44> »
Ok, I'm as surprised as anyone that Sam wants/needs O'Connor's help with anything that doesn't involve bullets. :)

BTW, I noticed that our GM let slip that we're not looking into a lead right now. I'm assuming he means the no-tell hotel...are we planning on having someone go by there?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #746 on: <03-10-15/1455:32> »
It would be a good idea :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #747 on: <03-10-15/1708:11> »
I can have a look at that.  I should be able to sent you guys a spirit should you need magical protection, at least until I can come back.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #748 on: <03-10-15/2036:36> »
Better for Clem or O'Connor to go with Sammy. As a player, I'm not a fan of sending a mage by themselves to a hot-zone :/
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #749 on: <03-10-15/2251:50> »
Better to send the spirit with someone else to the motel.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Register